‘Jets Don’t Have Players’ - WFAN’s Chris Moore

JetsLife

9 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Paraphrasing what he said on air recently. His further point here was, teams that are bad like the Jets: who on their roster would you trade for? Which players would you even want from their team? And the players you want, what you give up for them? When you think about it, it’s not many currently healthy Jets I’d want and not much I’d give up for them.

It seems fair stating it’s very difficult judging Gase under these circumstances - ie a top-heavy roster, with poor depth, depleted by injury. And a sieve o-line. But I’m on record I have serious doubts about his capability regardless. Seems way too conservative, playing not to lose, predictable, zero tempo. I haven’t seen any kind of consistently creative, dynamic, flowing, aggressive play design and play calling. Keeping opposing defenses off balance. Like you see w a Josh McDaniels or an Andy Reid as just two examples. 

It’s truly unfortunate that: Darnold went down early w mono; the offensive line was so lacking period & got hit by a few injuries; no Herndon and essentially the same w Enunwa. Because again it’s difficult making a truly balanced assessment of Gase under such circumstances.

Overall with all the injuries across the board there’s much truth to Moore’s comments: the current Jets starting roster is lacking in players you’d event want on your team. Never a good recipe for being a winning outfit. 

Chris Moore is a smart guy ...

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Gase was oc in chicago, 3 years in miami and his time here.  He has done nothing impressive at all.

As I've said before, I said that Gailey, Morton and even Bates were miracle workers because the offense at least looked like it had a pulse at times with awful talent.  Gases offense looks worse than all of those and that just doesn't cut it.  The longer he is here the more time we are wasting.

This 100%!!

Where was the crying considering those other teams also had terrible OLs and even worse skill players!

44 minutes ago, SOJ said:

I didn't want AG because of his tenure in Miami but when we hired him I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Starting with the introductory PC, then the smelling salt thing on the sideline coupled with a team that looks - all season except the Dallas game - uninspired, unprepared and quite dysfunctional I have seen enough.    Yes our roster is devoid of talent and the injuries have certainly had a deleterious effect on the team but they aren't competitive at all...

Its like they do not believe in the schemes or this coach and that is a problem.  Irrespective of what has been stated about the team unity, If they lose to Miami and it's within the realm of possibilities, then he may very well lose the locker room.  If and when that happens, he should be terminated.  

One final point, he was brought here to improve SAM.  So far SAM has regressed to the SAM we saw in the 1st half of the 2018 season  not the one the end that season with the highest rated QBR.   IMHO, that in and if itself should be reason to terminate him. 

Great post.  Adam Gase at the core is an insecure indivudual.  You saw that at the introductory press conference.  He cant look at other humans in the eye without pulling a hat down over half his face.

Adam gase is a bully.  All bullies are insecure.  He realized quickly he could bully the weak and clueless chris johnson.  

What do insecure people want?  Control.  Why?  So there is very little chance of people around them hurting them.

What does the bully do?  1st he ousts the gm who was a threat because he didnt take gase’s input on the draft.  Gase realized during the draft mac is a threat because he couldnt control him and take gases advice on who was drafted.  So gase gets him fired.  Then gase himself hires his replacement.  

The insecure bully now has exactly what an insecure person craves.  Complete control.

He works for a clueless, pathetic owner who he will not challange him.  He hired his best buddy as gm so he wont challange him.  And soon, just like in miami, any players that challange him will be shipped off.

The new york jets are run by an insecure bully.  That is going to end real bad.

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Going into this season, aside from the rash of injuries the Jets are facing, I knew the Jets were not a good team. Mac was a sh*thead from hell rebuilding this season. The fact is, as a direct result of what he THOUGHT was rebuilding, completely destroyed the team and left them talentless. I always figured this team wouldn't win anymore than about 6 games. Now, with the injury concerns, I figure they might win about 3 games.

But I can't under any scenario see that criticizing Gase is fair? NOBODY, not even Bill Parcells himself would be able to win with this team. Gase is coaching a bunch of players right now that wouldn't make another NFL team. Throwing him under the bus right now is as unfair as any other travesty.

Were you saying this when Bowles was HC and got better results with less talent?????

Come on now!

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When I look at the 1995 roster, I think that Rich Kotite did a heck of a job getting this team to 3 wins.  Look at the WRs.  Other than Wayne Chrebet, we had Curtis Ceaser, Jeff Sydner, Charles Wilson and Ryan Yarborough.  

Kotite didn't even know the players names on the Jets and would often and I do mean often sneak out from practice to go and play golf!!

The fact that we are looking fondly back on the tenure of Rich Kotite, in any fashion,  who is routinely brought up as one of the worst HC in any sport, is a total indictment of Adam Gase, period....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Kotite didn't even know the players names on the Jets and would often and I do mean often sneak out from practice to go and play golf!!

The fact that we are looking fondly back on the tenure of Rich Kotite, in any fashion,  who is routinely brought up as one of the worst HC in any sport, is a total indictment of Adam Gase, period....

For the record, I was just joking about being positive about Rich Kotite (though the roster did stink).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets have average talent.  A good coach would have this team around .500.  But adam gase is awful hence the 1-6 record.

Lmao. What F*cking team are you watching?

the NYJ have below average talent at EVERY POSITION worth a high round DP, and most of those are injured. 

.500 my ass

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

BUT it is more than enough to judge the Johnsons.  They are terrible owners.  Terrible. 

Is Jerry Jones a terrible owner?  Won a few Super Bowls then went total-suck for the last two decades, the Johnson Jets have actually been more successful than the Cowboys have been under JJ's watch in that span. 

We are hamstrung not by bad ownership but by the biggest dynasty in the history of sports in our own division.  Hell, Woody Johnson was the only owner to end a Patriots season out of the playoffs with a healthy Tom Brady, the only AFC East owner to knock the Pats out of the playoffs and put up back to back playoff seasons.  It's not great, but its not complete incompetence.

SAR I

5 hours ago, peebag said:

Yes, but what type of adjustments (week leading up and including in-game prep) has Gase tried with this team?  I'm not seeing much from him, it's like he's given up on the season and it shows.

We don't know what he's tweaking.  We aren't at practice.

But here's what we do know:  We have a few big mouths in our locker room.  Jamal, Robbie, Quincy, to name a few.  And then we have experienced guys from winning programs, having more money than they know what to do with.  Mosley, Bell, Crowder come to mind.  And then we have disgruntled vets like Trumaine and Osemele, Leonard too.

And not a single one has said anything about dysfunction or bad coaching or the HC giving up on the season.  Not a Tweet, not a Manish leak.  All that media, everyone chomping at the bit, angry fans who have already killed the guy.  And not a single player has thrown him under the bus.  Because he's doing a good job.  Because the players know what's what with the ridiculous injuries. 

SAR I

14 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Paraphrasing what he said on air recently. His further point here was, teams that are bad like the Jets: who on their roster would you trade for? Which players would you even want from their team? And the players you want, what you give up for them? When you think about it, it’s not many currently healthy Jets I’d want and not much I’d give up for them.

It seems fair stating it’s very difficult judging Gase under these circumstances - ie a top-heavy roster, with poor depth, depleted by injury. And a sieve o-line. But I’m on record I have serious doubts about his capability regardless. Seems way too conservative, playing not to lose, predictable, zero tempo. I haven’t seen any kind of consistently creative, dynamic, flowing, aggressive play design and play calling. Keeping opposing defenses off balance. Like you see w a Josh McDaniels or an Andy Reid as just two examples. 

It’s truly unfortunate that: Darnold went down early w mono; the offensive line was so lacking period & got hit by a few injuries; no Herndon and essentially the same w Enunwa. Because again it’s difficult making a truly balanced assessment of Gase under such circumstances.

Overall with all the injuries across the board there’s much truth to Moore’s comments: the current Jets starting roster is lacking in players you’d event want on your team. Never a good recipe for being a winning outfit. 

Gase isn’t coaching Rutgers against Ohio State. It’s the NFL and all these guys can play. There is zero excuse as to why a team should look as unprepared as the Jets did against New England two weeks ago unless you are the Dolphins who are organizationally tanking. 

The Jets have been worse than bad. They have been completely non competitive in 5/7 games this year. 

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is great analysis on a complete outlier.  What bellichek did happens maybe once in a 1,000 coaches.  It has about as much relevence to adam gase as  you winning the lottery.

What are you going to post next?  We should take a qb in the 6th round cause thats when tom brady was drafted.

Sorry, was it too hard to follow?

19 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Isn’t Chris Moore the guy who up and decided he wasn’t a jets fan last week and jumped on the packers bandwagon? Yeah, I’ll take that guys opinion seriously...

Honestly, the talent level is average to a little below. That’s what happens when your drafting is crap for the better part of a decade. If Joe D can do better, the team will rally a bit. If he can’t, well we know the rest.

I turned on the fan today (I never listen on weekends) and heard this guy for the first time and he just happend to be saying how he quite the Jets and changed teams. Yeah, right. ?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Is Jerry Jones a terrible owner?  Won a few Super Bowls then went total-suck for the last two decades, the Johnson Jets have actually been more successful than the Cowboys have been under JJ's watch in that span. 

We are hamstrung not by bad ownership but by the biggest dynasty in the history of sports in our own division.  Hell, Woody Johnson was the only owner to end a Patriots season out of the playoffs with a healthy Tom Brady, the only AFC East owner to knock the Pats out of the playoffs and put up back to back playoff seasons.  It's not great, but its not complete incompetence.

SAR I

In the last decade the cowboys have won 4 division titles.  Jerry Jones is a hall of famer.  Another laughable post.  Keep em coming SAR.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

JJ and Woody are alike. Owners that run their team directly and can't run it like a bisiness with a chain of command, possibly a Board of Directors like the Packers.. JJ obviously more so as I believe he is acting GM? Not sure.  So I am not surprised by the comparison.  

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I turned on the fan today (I never listen on weekends) and heard this guy for the first time and he just happend to be saying how he quite the Jets and changed teams. Yeah, right. ?

I was listening last night and he said he finally had enough when the Jets let Sam get miked up vs Pats. I'd be embarrassed to even think of that as a reason to give up on a team. Sounds as dumb as the majority of the people who call up that station.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In the last decade the cowboys have won 4 division titles.  Jerry Jones is a hall of famer.  Another laughable post.  Keep em coming SAR.

Since Woody Johnson bought the Jets, the Dallas Cowboys have played in 10 playoff games and won 3. 

The New York Jets have played in 12 playoff games and won 6.

The Johnson's have done a good job.  Sorry to rain on your SOJF Victim Narrative.   Chris and Woody don't suck; fans like you do.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Team Sucks

Coaching Staff Sucks

Front Office Sucks

Ownership Sucks.

We basically Suck. From top to bottom. Sure they are 2 or 3 bright spots but on the whole its a mass of suckage. Just wanted to sum it up in as few words as possible. Thanks for listening.

This post sucks? Only bustin...you know I love you.