R.I.P Scout Board

Don't know if any of you posted there but it seems that it no longer exists, or at least I can't find it. Followed (mostly the Mets version) for about a dozen years or so and it, like this board was very active with some interesting, intelligent and informative posters. Well ..mostly. 

Why these get sold and dismantled I can't figure out but s'long Scout. I shall remember you fondly. Meanwhile, thank goodness for JN 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Warfish said:

This probably warranted more attention.

The final, ultimate Death of the old J.I. Forum.

Doomed to fail from the start as Scout.

No, it got all the attention that was warranted, three posts and you slobbing on Deegan’s knob one last time. You think after a decade you’d have realized that he sold you out for $20 on Craigslist. Sad really. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not sure how I missed this. Might be the proudest moment of my professional career. Meeting with scout in person and not signing the NDA.

But we can't send an offer to buy the site until you sign the NDA.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I offered to introduce them to other Jets sites lol.

Then they reached out to ji. Perfect.

Some day I will post their PPT which had the business plan, just terrible stuff.

It wasn't a matter of them failing. It was only a matter of how soon they would fail.

Yeah, the old days. I remember when you and Tom broke away from JI and temporarily posted on a Jets Chat forum (that was a break away from the old NY Times board after a 'moderator' decided to shutdown a respected but annoying poster) while you guys put JN together. I remember TomShane and how he came back as T0mShane.

The women are always the reason why good friends have a falling out. Glad he came back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Not sure how I missed this. Might be the proudest moment of my professional career. Meeting with scout in person and not signing the NDA.

But we can't send an offer to buy the site until you sign the NDA.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I offered to introduce them to other Jets sites lol.

Then they reached out to ji. Perfect.

Some day I will post their PPT which had the business plan, just terrible stuff.

It wasn't a matter of them failing. It was only a matter of how soon they would fail.

I would love to hear this story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

On 11/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, Lizard King said:

No, it got all the attention that was warranted, three posts and you slobbing on Deegan’s knob one last time. You think after a decade you’d have realized that he sold you out for $20 on Craigslist. Sad really. 

This. That ugly Irish bag of sh*te banned people left and right from JI, but had no problem selling their info to Scout for a paltry few bucks. He's a Grade A turd, and I'm glad his site went down in flames.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This probably warranted more attention.
The final, ultimate Death of the old J.I. Forum.
Doomed to fail from the start as Scout.

It’s interesting. I’m not sure if you remember the old Rivals.com board but that was great and it made it very easy to get to other teams message boards due to them all being connected through the same sight. It was smooth.

When that shut down suddenly there were these factions that popped up all over the place.
I believe JN and JI came around that time. There was another one called the Greenhouse that I, and quite a few others posted on for years. That site lost its allure very suddenly as well and folded in about a years time in 2009 or so. That’s when I came here.

I had such a loyalty and affinity toward the posters on the GreenHouse and was upset when it collapsed. I can totally see how a lot of the guys here were upset when Scout came into the fray, and while it’s sad to see the old sight go I’m glad that the paid subscriber model failed.
That’s why I love JN so much. Max has done everything he could to avoid becoming such a place and I sincerely appreciate it. I’m grateful that we have this place and it’s for free.

Were there still guys you knew That remained over there ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

This. That ugly Irish bag of sh*te banned people left and right from JI, but had no problem selling their info to Scout for a paltry few bucks. He's a Grade A turd, and I'm glad his site went down in flames.

The-Future.jpg

DraftInsider LOL. 

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Phil deserves alot of credit for what he's built with JN.  He knows how I feel, and how much appreciation I have for him. 

Despite what the Lizard seems to think, my comment wasn't me "slobbing on Deegan’s knob one last time", it was just the final note of a place I spent alot of time and made alot of e-friends (and apparently a few bitter e-enemies too).  A place that dude murdered and whose users he betrayed.

I'm glad JN was here to catch us JI leftovers.  I'm glad Phil isn;t the kind of guy to sell us users out.  We appreciated him and JN's community back then when they took us in, and we still appreciate it today.

In before accusations that "now your slobbing Max's knob!" :disgust:

I love Phil and his knob. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Yeah, the old days. I remember when you and Tom broke away from JI and temporarily posted on a Jets Chat forum (that was a break away from the old NY Times board after a 'moderator' decided to shutdown a respected but annoying poster) while you guys put JN together. I remember TomShane and how he came back as T0mShane.

The women are always the reason why good friends have a falling out. Glad he came back.

Damn big slick dripping knowledge right there 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

So JI is gone completely? Figuratively it’s been gone for a long time, but I thought I remember reading that JI relaunched desperate from scout a few years back

On a side note, if anyone knows any good Met boards, please do share 

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Hey, @sar what's the best Yankees board, PM me if this doesn't fit on a football board. TIA

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

This. The baseball forum here used to be so strong. We had some fighting and trolls years ago and it slowed down after that.

Would love to see more baseball posts here though.

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

So JI is gone completely? Figuratively it’s been gone for a long time, but I thought I remember reading that JI relaunched desperate from scout a few years back

On a side note, if anyone knows any good Met boards, please do share 

Sean did relaunch. He made zero changes and just seem to expect everyone to just come back. It failed.

I would love talking baseball with you all.  Baseball is my true love.  Played in college and is still my biggest passion.

If you don't mind the input of a Dodger fan at the end of his rope chasing a World Series, maybe I'll start checking it out when FA gets moving here in a month or so.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Did you use "Big Slick," back then? There are a few of us who came thru the Usenet-NYTimes-NYJetsChat path to get here. I actually played a part in bringing the JI outcasts to NYJC, who then went on to trash the bathrooms and throw the TV thru the window. Lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

One of the best times ever here was April fools day 2008. @Maxman setup a fake moderator forum with fake moderators. The real mods were in stealth mode lol sooth signs up and trolls jet Moses and BP. Then  @GreenBeans redirected his ip addy to ihop.com

also the sooth nation April fools day was hilarious too. We all knew how bitter he was about this place because he was nice enough to inadvertently give a JN mod access to his beloved JI mod forum. Oh my goodness gracious the JN mod forum was buzzing with excitement late late at night after clandestine ventures into the JI mod forum hahahaha