Jump to content
The Crimson King

R.I.P Scout Board

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You see in my mind I am Prince but I can still moon walk.

Prince nailed Carmen Electra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Prince nailed Carmen Electra. 

Oh in that case no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

I, quite frankly, find NO difference between JN and JI. The only reason why I migrated over was because the population was lost overnight at JI. Sooth made a very unwise decision.

I agree with this, but once over I like the fact that the boss is active and in turn more transparent also this site is a lot more “fluid” then JI had become through out the years 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I, quite frankly, find NO difference between JN and JI. The only reason why I migrated over was because the population was lost overnight at JI. Sooth made a very unwise decision.

How about the fact that this place isn’t run like communist China?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a forum called Jets Hampur that a lot of former JI posters went to. That place was a cesspool.

 

Anyone remember Paulie or know what he's up to? I think I remmeber he stopped posting because he might of gotten a gig with Chris Christie who at the time was a hot sh*t. Now.. not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

There was a forum called Jets Hampur that a lot of former JI posters went to.

The core of the old J.I. Off-Topic crowd, the C.H.E's (lol), formed that forum and post there still.  Good group of dudes IMO.  A couple of them are amongst my favorite people online.

7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

That place was a cesspool.

It's an acquired taste, full of long-time e-friends steeped in a decade+ of bants, insults, in-jokes and knowledge of each other.  It would be difficult for new outsiders to join, honestly.  Same for folks who don;t share their sense of humor.  But those are good, solid dudes.  

7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Anyone remember Paulie or know what he's up to? I think I remmeber he stopped posting because he might of gotten a gig with Chris Christie who at the time was a hot sh*t. Now.. not so much.

No idea, good question tho.  The J.I. sellout to Scout cost us alot of folks who just never showed up anywhere else, or who now only show up once in a great while.  That more than anything is the sad part of what Deegan did to his users, be broke a community that is now scattered to the winds of multiple sites, or just plain gone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The core of the old J.I. Off-Topic crowd, the C.H.E's (lol), formed that forum and post there still.  Good group of dudes IMO.  A couple of them are amongst my favorite people online.

It's an acquired taste, full of long-time e-friends steeped in a decade+ of bants, insults, in-jokes and knowledge of each other.  It would be difficult for new outsiders to join, honestly.  Same for folks who don;t share their sense of humor.  But those are good, solid dudes.  

No idea, good question tho.  The J.I. sellout to Scout cost us alot of folks who just never showed up anywhere else, or who now only show up once in a great while.  That more than anything is the sad part of what Deegan did to his users, be broke a community that is now scattered to the winds of multiple sites, or just plain gone.

I won't expand too much bc I respect no politics rule here, but I was mostly referring  to political forum on the hampur which was and probably still is a MAGA fever dream. Some of the right leaning posters from JI who mostly seemed like typical run of the mill conservatives/Republicans converted into lunatics with their new freedom. Funny how it coincided with the arrival of Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No idea, good question tho.  The J.I. sellout to Scout cost us alot of folks who just never showed up anywhere else, or who now only show up once in a great while.  That more than anything is the sad part of what Deegan did to his users, be broke a community that is now scattered to the winds of multiple sites, or just plain gone.

I also think the fact that we're talking about a decade and a half at this point from when some of these posters where in their heyday.  Things change over that amount of time.  We should probably be surprised more so by those of us who are still around.  As I type this, it feels kind of embarrassing, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I won't expand too much but I respect no politics rule here, but I was mostly referring  to political forum on that hampur which was and probably still is a MAGA fever dream. Some of the right leaning posters from JI who mostly seemed like typical run of the mill conservatives/Republicans converted into lunatics with their new freedom. Funny how it coincided with the arrival of Trump.

I try to love my friends, and family, regardless of their politics.  But they're definitely a right-wing forum in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I also think the fact that we're talking about a decade and a half at this point from when some of these posters where in their heyday.  Things change over that amount of time.  We should probably be surprised more so by those of us who are still around.  As I type this, it feels kind of embarrassing, honestly.

Fair point.  Alot of us have been doing "this" online now for upward of 20+ years, literally since the interwebs were a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

How about the fact that this place isn’t run like communist China?

I just deleted your TikTok account. BACK OFF.  lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Warfish said:

This probably warranted more attention.

The final, ultimate Death of the old J.I. Forum.

Doomed to fail from the start as Scout.

Im just glad that all us JI guys were able to congregate here and continue a great tradition of posting.  As soon as they sold out to scout everyone knew it was allll down hill

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SAR I said:

The-Future.jpg

DraftInsider LOL. 

SAR I

lolol wowww blast from the past with Draft Insider. Forgot about all of that, theres soo much of JI that has been lost from my mind after it went to scout.  I literally just stopped looking up jets news for a solid 4 years before finding everyone over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Jets and Ham.

What nutter that guy was.

Can you believe, all these years later. The pig is still NOT ripe for the slaughter.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

lolol wowww blast from the past with Draft Insider. Forgot about all of that, theres soo much of JI that has been lost from my mind after it went to scout.  I literally just stopped looking up jets news for a solid 4 years before finding everyone over here. 

Sean was going to make t-shirts for us and asked us for design input.  So that was my contribution.

As you recall, JI would crash 10x a year and at one point Sean told everyone that when it happened again to go over to his startup site, Draft Insider. Which was a clever way to get people over to that piece of crap.

Jerk.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I remember when we heard rumblings. Depending on Sooth's decision we were either getting EY or Green Jets and Ham. It was a good position to be in because I know sooth would make the wrong decision. 

We got EY and what nobody told me was he was bringing like 2,000 people with him. Worked out great for us!

 What ever happened to green jets and ham? I always enjoyed his posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The core of the old J.I. Off-Topic crowd, the C.H.E's (lol), formed that forum and post there still.  Good group of dudes IMO.  A couple of them are amongst my favorite people online.

It's an acquired taste, full of long-time e-friends steeped in a decade+ of bants, insults, in-jokes and knowledge of each other.  It would be difficult for new outsiders to join, honestly.  Same for folks who don;t share their sense of humor.  But those are good, solid dudes.  

No idea, good question tho.  The J.I. sellout to Scout cost us alot of folks who just never showed up anywhere else, or who now only show up once in a great while.  That more than anything is the sad part of what Deegan did to his users, be broke a community that is now scattered to the winds of multiple sites, or just plain gone.

i stumbled upon that place years ago and almost signed up before finding this forum and liking it better. 

I cant believe a lot of the old JI guys still post there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, slats said:

Did you use "Big Slick," back then? There are a few of us who came thru the Usenet-NYTimes-NYJetsChat path to get here. I actually played a part in bringing the JI outcasts to NYJC, who then went on to trash the bathrooms and throw the TV thru the window. Lol. 

No - I used a few different ID's through out the years. I think it was HermBall at JetsChat and I can't recall my usenet or NYTimes IDs. I remember you and Henry and the epic throw down between you and AJGallo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sean was going to make t-shirts for us and asked us for design input.  So that was my contribution.

As you recall, JI would crash 10x a year and at one point Sean told everyone that when it happened again to go over to his startup site, Draft Insider. Which was a clever way to get people over to that piece of crap.

Jerk.

SAR I

haha yessss i do remember that, I hated draft insider, but he'd try to tempt everyone by having tony pauline post his draft stuff there exclusively. 

Thats back when everyone and their mothers over there were taking tony's draft word as gospel. 

 

How times have changed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

 What ever happened to green jets and ham? I always enjoyed his posts

My understanding is he is happy and moderates another Jets Fan community.

He was a good dude, and shouldn't be remembered for those few bad times at J.I.  And I say that as one who took the brunt of his wrath on his way out.  We all have bad times, that was one.  I hope he's doing well.

As other have mentioned, the Politics section of JI was a real problem, and ruined many things there.

JN is so much better for having the no politics forum/rule.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My understanding is he is happy and moderates another Jets Fan community.

He was a good dude, and shouldn't be remembered for those few bad times at J.I.  And I say that as one who took the brunt of his wrath on his way out.  We all have bad times, that was one.  I hope he's doing well.

As other have mentioned, the Politics section of JI was a real problem, and ruined many things there.

JN is so much better for having the no politics forum/rule.

Yea I never got wrapped up when he lost it and started going off, he was a good dude and we had some good football discussions back in the day.  I was still playing back when i posted there and had some friends going to the league. Good times. 

 

Politics is always a complete disaster,  We're way better here for not having it be a part of the discussion.  Now i can just hate posters for their football opinions rather than for their politics AND football opinions lol 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

No - I used a few different ID's through out the years. I think it was HermBall at JetsChat and I can't recall my usenet or NYTimes IDs. I remember you and Henry and the epic throw down between you and AJGallo.

Oh yeah, poor AJ. That was the year the Jets opened something like 5-0 and I kept hammering that it was all a mirage and AJ just wanted to believe. Pretty sure they had a losing record from there and backed into the playoffs. He was a good dude. I actually felt bad for him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, TeddEY said:

I also think the fact that we're talking about a decade and a half at this point from when some of these posters where in their heyday.  Things change over that amount of time.  We should probably be surprised more so by those of us who are still around.  As I type this, it feels kind of embarrassing, honestly.

Think about this, I was talking football with TomShane, Bitonti and Green Jets and Ham on ji in 2003.

They (ji) switched the forum software at some point around that time. They had originally started in 1999 I believe. When he switched post counts started over and the four posters named above I believe where the top five posters in terms of post count back then.

Other than GJ&H threatening to bring boxing gloves and beat me up it was pretty much all good stuff lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, Morrissey said:

I won't expand too much bc I respect no politics rule here, but I was mostly referring  to political forum on the hampur which was and probably still is a MAGA fever dream. Some of the right leaning posters from JI who mostly seemed like typical run of the mill conservatives/Republicans converted into lunatics with their new freedom. Funny how it coincided with the arrival of Trump.

There's no point to have people get all crazy about politics on a football site. Adds nothing. One of the smartest things Max has done here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

There's no point to have people get all crazy about politics on a football site. Adds nothing. One of the smartest things Max has done here. 

Ironically when we were talking about the site originally it was something Tom insisted on. I think past Tom was trying to protect us from future Tom lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...