Lupz27

*** Jets vs Dolphins official game day Thread ***

Legit question.  Will you still Cheer/get excited for big plays/moments today or is it just sitting and watching with basically no interest?

That was not a missed assignment on the Quinnen Sack.  They tried a wham block on him and he ran right past it.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nope. Rewind and watch again. Nobody blocked down on him at all. Even the RB missed his assignment. It was a free run on the QB. You now, like Sam has been subjected to all year. 

You rewatch it.  You are flat out wrong.  The LG blocks down on McLendon and the Center Immediately tries to crossover and cutoff Williams and Williams blows right past him.  It is a very common pass protection when to deal with twists and slants.

That was good coverage.  The other team gets paid too.   Sometimes guys just make plays 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Darnold might be a bust. 

That's the play that elicits that thought?

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Adam Archuleta excellent  player. Calls a good game.

Neither of those things are true.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I know our offensive line is wretched, and we;'re not loaded with talent on the O in general...

But...

BUT--

I refuse to believe we're this bad. This Adam Gase offense is a pure trash... a total mirage created by flash performance by Manning

I legit think Gase was probably a good offensive mind for the brand of offensive football that was played 5-10 years ago in the NFL.  

However, I think that's all he knows and that particular style of offensive football is now out of date and completely figured out by defensive coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

The amount of times this offense plays behind the chains is just ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

Happy happy joy joy on the TD.

That call though is what bothers me about Gase.  You just got done talking all week about using Bell.  Use him.  It's as if Gase has a burning need to show everyone how good Darnold is instead of actually setting him up to succeed 

**** Gase.  I'm done with him.  That is way more on Gase than Darnold.  You give him ZERO chance to succeed

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lmfao

Laugh all you ******* want.  A coaches job is to put guys in a position to succeed.  Gase does and has done the EXACT opposite with Darnold.  Gase is too God damn concerned with showing everyone how ******* smart he is rather than actually try to help his young QB.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

How does a coach “exasperate” turnover issues? Gase sucks out loud, but Darnold throws a ton of picks because it’s who he is, not because of plaYcAlLiNg or whatever tf the thing is this week

How does a coach potentially make player weakness worse? That is your question?  You are a better poster than that.  Come on.  

Jenkins is one of those guys that would be a solid contributor on a good team.

On the Jets, he's the best edge player over the last 3 seasons.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Two offensive PI challenges in a game featuring The two worst teams in the league is a pretty good microcosm of the NFL currently.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Why the hell is Adam Gase sitting down on the bench???????????  

I may be reaching here, but that tells me every thing I need to know about Gase.   Thinks he is the only one smart enough to turn this around.

• Upvote 2

For those who like to predict things, this drive here has the makings of a Darnold pick.

He just got completely killed on a blown protection.  This drive has to result in points.  He will get pressured and turn it over trying to make a play.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For those who like to predict things, this drive here has the makings of a Darnold pick.

He just got completely killed on a blown protection.  This drive has to result in points.  He will get pressured and turn it over trying to make a play.

Or that.

Archuleta is wrong again.  The first leg raise is to set your motion and protection.  Winters thought it was the second leg raise which is the all clear 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company