Lupz27

*** Jets vs Dolphins official game day Thread ***

No way the Jets lose. Dolphins are terrible and this is the classic game where they will blow them out and the SOJ will declare victory and we'll be treated to a week about how everyone (including all the stats and history) were wrong about Gase and how he has fixed everything

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wonder if teams actually prep for officiating crews each week. They impact the game so much that I wouldn’t be surprised if that is part of the weekly prep. Refs are ruining the game. 

It's well known the Patriots do and have a guy on staff whose only job is study officiating crews and their tendencies. Gilmore did an interview recently talking about it and what a difference there is between Rex's defense in Buffalo in which he said they didn't really watch film together or get briefed on the refs/opponent/opposing players/etc like they do on the Patriots. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

After this game, I hope people at least realize that Gregg Williams is not a great coach 

All off-season I wondered and asked what made people think Williams was a good coach for the last several years. His defense have been Bowles level and have a steep dropoff in the 2nd half of the season...but he was gonna unleash Adams and rehabilitate Leo..

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

Could it be that Jeremy Bates was actually hiding his flaws?

No, Bates, shockingly, wasn't as inept a coach as Gase. It is mind boggling that Bowles with the same roster looked so much more competent than Gase does...didn't even think it was possible.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Gase is done here, its whether its after this or after the Giants take us apart.

It's the Jets so despite him being done about 2 minutes after he was hired, it won't be for another two years before he's gone.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm in no way a Gase apologist, but I just don't see how firing him after one season makes this an attractive destination for any HC worth their salt. Especially when you consider that Gase is the reason why we finally fired our absolutely abysmal GM, even after gifting him one final offseason to screw this team, for some ungodly reason.

As much as I didn't want Gase to begin with, I just don't see how firing him magically makes this team any better.

This is truly a depressing time for Jets fans.

The answer is always to keep bad coaches for a couple years making the Jets look like an absolute dumpster fire in the process to install the appearance of attractiveness to a possible future head coach...who might, maybe not want to come here because Gase was fired after a year and ruin your potential FQB in the process. 

1 minute ago, tdoublee said:

Gase get your damn head out of your stupid play sheets and coach you dumb bastard!!!

The problem isn't his genius scheme! It's the players! Always the players! And the Refs! 

Remember the offseason when there was that story about the birth of his kid and how he showed up asked his wife is she "was good?" and he left to go back to coaching Peyton Manning? Remember how impressed so many on this board was about how dedicated he is...he LIVES football! Remember how a couple of us said that's not the sign of someone who's good at his job. Gase lives at the office because if he doesn't, he's afraid people will notice he's pointless. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

QB whisperer.  

That term is even worse than "flashes". How often do these "QB Whisperers" actually work out? They always seem to have a pretty 'meh' history of success too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Onto SNY!!! Must watch tv!!!

I really hope I can find a stream of it somewhere. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company