*** Jets vs Dolphins official game day Thread ***

Lupz27

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The answer is always to keep bad coaches for a couple years making the Jets look like an absolute dumpster fire in the process to install the appearance of attractiveness to a possible future head coach...who might, maybe not want to come here because Gase was fired after a year and ruin your potential FQB in the process. 

Hence my "this is depressing" comment.

No good way out of this mess.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tdoublee said:

Gase get your damn head out of your stupid play sheets and coach you dumb bastard!!!

The problem isn't his genius scheme! It's the players! Always the players! And the Refs! 

Remember the offseason when there was that story about the birth of his kid and how he showed up asked his wife is she "was good?" and he left to go back to coaching Peyton Manning? Remember how impressed so many on this board was about how dedicated he is...he LIVES football! Remember how a couple of us said that's not the sign of someone who's good at his job. Gase lives at the office because if he doesn't, he's afraid people will notice he's pointless. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

There is zero defense but the excuse will be lack of talent compounded with injuries. Plus, there is no way that the Jets are paying for 3 head coaches in one year. We are still on he hook for Bowles and his rotten stench hasn’t washed away yet. I get what you are saying but I’m being a realist. Reality is horrible right now. 

you have to what the coaches make is nothing compared to fan revenue, I understand your point but you need to make a choice that is good for business and future business. Do you risk loosing fans as long as you keep Gase? because then revenue goes down and lose more then you would paying for coaches. Lets say the jets make 10 million a yr in jersey hats and what not that money dries up if you dont do anything.

The complicated system and lack of coaching is what killed this team and is killing Sam

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Westhoff has been on a hundred bad teams and none of them gave him the interim gig. He’s just an old crank who talked to the media a lot. His special teams units were overrated. He’s not an answer 

Keeps coming back to ownership. Problem really is the owners will listen to the next guy they talk to, be that Caserly or Manning or some drunk ass fan in the parking lot. There's no plan here, just flitting from this one to that one. \

The roster is that bad.

Douglas is going to be in a very tough spot, because he by rights should fire Gase after week 17. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There is zero defense but the excuse will be lack of talent compounded with injuries. Plus, there is no way that the Jets are paying for 3 head coaches in one year. We are still on he hook for Bowles and his rotten stench hasn’t washed away yet. I get what you are saying but I’m being a realist. Reality is horrible right now. 

Where does everyone come up with the whole "teams not wanting to pay 3 coaches in a year" angle? 

The Cardinals are currently doing it as we speak. If an attractive candidate comes available after this embarrassment, the Jets are going after him..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

you have to what the coaches make is nothing compared to fan revenue, I understand your point but you need to make a choice that is good for business and future business. Do you risk loosing fans as long as you keep Gase? because then revenue goes down and lose more then you would paying for coaches. Lets say the jets make 10 million a yr in jersey hats and what not that money dries up if you dont do anything.

The complicated system and lack of coaching is what killed this team and is killing Sam

Revenue doesn’t go down as much as you think. The Jets are the 2nd if not 1st in the NFL when it comes to attendance. Opposing team fans help sell out the stadium. Johnson’s have no incentive to win. 

• Upvote 1