*** Jets vs Dolphins official game day Thread ***

Lupz27

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Where does everyone come up with the whole "teams not wanting to pay 3 coaches in a year" angle? 

The Cardinals are currently doing it as we speak. If an attractive candidate comes available after this embarrassment, the Jets are going after him..

It’s a valid point and I’m sure it is part of the decision making process. That’s all that I’m saying. 

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

What's more depressing is Miami have a brighter future then us, we have NONETHING. No QB, no players no Head Coach.

All this is on the Johnson's those are the ones who needs to feel the heat. we need to make their lives uncomfortable football wise.

Confront them in public, let them know their not welcome

I’m a huge Darnold fan, but after today I think the kid definitely has PTSD.

It might be best to just DISSOLVE the entire Jet franchise at this point.

Just step back and think about it.  The Jets are in the NFLs #1 market and they’re not close to being an NFL team.  How long will it take to rebuild practically an ENTIRE NFL roster?  How many years?

Thats where we are at.

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

you have to what the coaches make is nothing compared to fan revenue, I understand your point but you need to make a choice that is good for business and future business. Do you risk loosing fans as long as you keep Gase? because then revenue goes down and lose more then you would paying for coaches. Lets say the jets make 10 million a yr in jersey hats and what not that money dries up if you dont do anything.

The complicated system and lack of coaching is what killed this team and is killing Sam

THE JETS ARE MAKING A FORTUNE!!!

They are one of the best franchises in all of sports!!!

Firing a HC is NOT going to break them!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’m a huge Darnold fan, but after today I think the kid definitely has PTSD.

It might be best to just DISSOLVE the entire Jet franchise at this point.

Just step back and think about it.  The Jets are in the NFLs #1 market and they’re not close to being an NFL team.  How long will it take to rebuild practically an ENTIRE NFL roster?  How many years?

Thats where we are at.

I honestly think if you fire the coach and upgrade the offensive line and draft well this team could look a lot better assuming there aren't a million injuries like this year. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve tried to contain myself but I can’t.  This team — this organization — just sucks.  Losing to a team that is actively tanking for the draft.  Same story as last week.  Gase maps out a brilliant opening drive then nada.  No adjustment.  No help for his QB.  How about a roll out?  How about screens?  How about play action early in when Bell was gashing their D?  And Darnold?  Looking like Sanchez redux. Not all his fault but no sign of progress either.  F the Johnsons, F gase, F the J E T S Jets jets jets.  I’ve had it!

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Keeps coming back to ownership. Problem really is the owners will listen to the next guy they talk to, be that Caserly or Manning or some drunk ass fan in the parking lot. There's no plan here, just flitting from this one to that one. \

The roster is that bad.

Douglas is going to be in a very tough spot, because he by rights should fire Gase after week 17. 

I’d imagine if it remains this bad, Douglas and Gase sit down and talk about a graceful exit strategy for Gase. I don’t think Gase wanted this job to begin with, he was rumored to not even like Darnold as a prospect, and injuries destroyed what was already a putrid roster. A perfect storm of disgusting. Maybe Douglas has a bead on an Eagles assistant that he thinks can be a head coach, and Gase ends up at Michigan State

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1