BAD OFFENSIVE LINES

Jetster

The Seattle Seahawks in 2017 missed the playoffs for the first time in six years, with injuries to their core players. This was the year they had a multitude of injuries and played musical chairs along their offensive line. 

The Greenbay Packers went 6-9-1 in 2018. Offensive line injuries kept Rogers under pressure and they missed the playoffs. 

I know it's easy to simplify the season & blame the coaches when a season quickly goes down the toilet. The 2 examples above of 2 teams  that have continually been reaching the playoffs, with 2 great QBs at the helm could not carry their teams after suffering offensive line troubles during these seasons. Aaron Rogers & Russell Wilson were both veteran QBs at the top of their games & were unable to carry their teams to the playoffs under dire circumstances with both having Oline trouble during these seasons. 

These guys weren't 22 years old coming into a season without having played 16 games in the NFL and starting their season out with Mono. I read these threads here & fans poo pooing THE EXCUSES given for Gase/GW. IDZIK/MACC not leaving enough good players to field a competitive team, an absolutely horrific group of Olineman & then coupled with the massive amounts of injuries is absolutely a legitimate excuse. The haters came in with predisposed biases and when you do that you can't see the forest for the trees. Macc left a horrible mess behind that can't be picked up in one season. I'm choosing to be a realist & give these guys a chance. Not one guy, Gase, GW, or Douglas has come out publically and made excuses. It's tough to grind through a season like this in NY, redemption could be around the corner when they start bringing in their players. You have to at least give them that opportunity. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I think every single fan agrees that this oline is horrible. 

I think every single fan agrees that 4/5 of the current starting oline will be replaced this off season. 

What else is there really to discuss about this unit.

Nothing. But that’s never stopped him from making a thread about something stupidly obvious before.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I think every single fan agrees that 4/5 of the current starting oline will be replaced this off season. 

My point is the finger pointing to Gase & his offensive system. You can't implement a system if you keep having to change the players who are trying to learn the system. They've had so many injuries & changes on the Oline that we can't even run BASIC BLOCKING SCHEMES, so how the hell can you come up with new plays to run? Building an offensive scheme starts with basic fundamentals & then everything is built off of that system. Misdirection, RPOs, playaction. We can't even run the ball & you expect defenses to honor playaction? It's literally been a jailbreak of run blitzes, creating holding penalties, 3rd & longs and more blitzing. 

Bills-Browns-Pats-Eagles-Cowboys-Pats-Jags. Do you know what these teams have in common? They can all get after the QB. The 2 games where Sam got some time and wasn't hammered the whole game vs Bills (Should have won), Cowboys (Did win). How many times was he he pressured, hit & sacked vs the Pats & Jaguars? Wasn't it like 18 sacks? Over 20 hits & numerous pressures? 

This team will have the start of a completely rebuilt Oline in 2020. Sam will be here at least 15 years if we don't get him killed. Then I'll judge where we are after JD cleanses this team of the stench Idzik (Enunwa + Winters) will gone & from Macc Adams may be gone too if we get enough back. So you'll have Sam, Herndon, Maye, QW, maybe Edoga left as starters from 9 drafts. Wow.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Nothing. But that’s never stopped him from making a thread about something stupidly obvious before.

If it's so obvious than stop complaining about everything Jets Ahole, JD & Gase had zero to do with this current roster that's negligible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

My point is the finger pointing to Gase & his offensive system. You can't implement a system if you keep having to change the players who are trying to learn the system. They've had so many injuries & changes on the Oline that we can't even run BASIC BLOCKING SCHEMES, so how the hell can you come up with new plays to run? Building an offensive scheme starts with basic fundamentals & then everything is built off of that system. Misdirection, RPOs, playaction. We can't even run the ball & you expect defenses to honor playaction? It's literally been a jailbreak of run blitzes, creating holding penalties, 3rd & longs and more blitzing. 

Bills-Browns-Pats-Eagles-Cowboys-Pats-Jags. Do you know what these teams have in common? They can all get after the QB. The 2 games where Sam got some time and wasn't hammered the whole game vs Bills (Should have won), Cowboys (Did win). How many times was he he pressured, hit & sacked vs the Pats & Jaguars? Wasn't it like 18 sacks? Over 20 hits & numerous pressures? 

This team will have the start of a completely rebuilt Oline in 2020. Sam will be here at least 15 years if we don't get him killed. Then I'll judge where we are after JD cleanses this team of the stench Idzik (Enunwa + Winters) will gone & from Macc Adams may be gone too if we get enough back. So you'll have Sam, Herndon, Maye, QW, maybe Edoga left as starters from 9 drafts. Wow.

kind of plays into the argument that they should just try to play smashmouth run blocking and shelve the finesse blocking until they can get the players.  i don't know enough if this has been tried.  i do believe if they commit to the run game and get bell some blocks the pass game will be better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

This. 

/endthread

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

OP is right. We can't judge Gase when he doesn't have any weapons on offense. Look, we all judged Geno when he didn't have any weapons and look how that turned out. 

Your sarcasm would be funny if Geno didn't try to put a football around his back while standing on his own goal line. Great comparison. Geno was always an idiot, always terrible, and never learned from his mistakes.

What was Gase worst action? Trading a WR that wanted to be paid like Julio Jones? Or was it sending that sh*tbag Ajayi out of town? 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Your sarcasm would be funny if Geno didn't try to put a football around his back while standing on his own goal line. Great comparison. Geno was always an idiot, always terrible, and never learned from his mistakes.

What was Gase worst action? Trading a WR that wanted to be paid like Julio Jones? Or was it sending that sh*tbag Ajayi out of town? 

How about having a bottom 1/3rd offense for most of his career?

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How about having a bottom 1/3rd offense for most of his career?

I could care less if Gase got tossed but let's not pretend this Jet team isn't one of its worse ever & that's saying something.