Rapoport: Joe Douglas asked for Zack Martin, Tyron Smith in return for Adams; Confirms Adams is full of sh*t

T0mShane

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

1. Douglas *received* calls and asked for the moon.

2. Cowboys respond with minimal lol-worthy offer of low-first pick and a backup CB

3. Adams spins this to blame Douglas

4. Adams is a ponce 

It’s not a low offer. Any 1st, even a late 1, is all that you can expect from a position like this. Sure there are fluke trades from idiot teams like the Steelers and Dolphins with Minkah but you can’t rely on those. Sometimes taking a fair deal, when there is only 1 team interested anyways, is the way to go. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I don’t think so. I think he knows he can get one first round pick at the least in the offseason. There was double digit teams asking for him, they’ll be one. 

And I love how focused he is on fixing the oline.

I’d like to know who else actually made offers and how good they actually were. It sounds like Dallas had the strongest offer and even their offer wasn’t strong. His value diminishes by not having 9 games in 2019 left or a team that is “going all in” this year and willing to pay a premium. We can only HOPE that we get the same level offer. I’m not so sure that happens.

I would never trade a 1st rounder for a player like Adams. We can only hope someone is dumb enough or has a surplus of picks and willing to trade. We missed a great opportunity here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

14 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Hopefully asking for Martin and Smith are indicative of his building strategy and not just a case of him asking for the moon on the off chance they'd. 

Yes.  A big reason he took this job has to be darnold, that he had the qb to build around.  Now he’s seeing the mess of an OL that mccags left.  

It’s hard to see a scenario now where the jets don’t take Andrew Thomas if he’s there when they pick

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’d like to know who else actually made offers and how good they actually were. It sounds like Dallas had the strongest offer and even their offer wasn’t strong. His value diminishes by not having 9 games in 2019 left or a team that is “going all in” this year and willing to pay a premium. We can only HOPE that we get the same level offer. I’m not so sure that happens.

I would never trade a 1st rounder for a player like Adams. We can only hope someone is dumb enough or has a surplus of picks and willing to trade. We missed a great opportunity here. 

That article said the third team made the strongest offer. So who knows. 

I still think a playoff team or team on the verge will see Adams as a missing piece and pay with a late 1. Let’s hope he finishes the season strong. 

Just now, section314 said:

I look at the bigger picture here. Douglas let the NFL know that when you talk to the Jets now, you are dealing with a professional. They'll move Eric Smith Jr., don't worry.

I agree with that view and can still see the positives of what transpired. I just disagree with turning it down and he can show that he’s a pro in other transaction. He already did with Leo and getting that steal from the idiot Giants. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s not a low offer. Any 1st, even a late 1, is all that you can expect from a position like this. Sure there are fluke trades from idiot teams like the Steelers and Dolphins with Minkah but you can’t rely on those. Sometimes taking a fair deal, when there is only 1 team interested anyways, is the way to go. 

You should read the article about how there were 3 teams who made offers.  2 of those teams made better offers than just a 1st round pick. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Dallas' best offer was a first-round pick and reserve CB Anthony Brown. Sources said the Ravens and Cowboys were two of the three teams who ended up engaged in a possible Adams deal, with a third unnamed team making the strongest offer.

I'd love to know what that 3rd team offered that was stronger than what the Cowboys had on the table as well as the Ravens. 

Atleast we know that at minimum Adams was already pulling more than just a 1st round pick. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our only hope now is that one of these teams either misses the playoffs or loses early  in the playoffs due to poor box safety play.

In other words I think the Jets are pooched and will never get better offers this off season.

I see this issue dragging on for another year or so and then the jets trading this guy for a 2nd rounder or less.

Missed opportunity.

+1

45 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That article said the third team made the strongest offer. So who knows. 

I still think a playoff team or team on the verge will see Adams as a missing piece and pay with a late 1. Let’s hope he finishes the season strong. 

a late first for adams sucks. dude is one of the best safeties in the league

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1