Rapoport: Joe Douglas asked for Zack Martin, Tyron Smith in return for Adams; Confirms Adams is full of sh*t

T0mShane

43 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You should read the article about how there were 3 teams who made offers.  2 of those teams made better offers than just a 1st round pick. 

I didn’t see that article. Thanks for he heads up and hopefully it’s accurate. It’s tough to trust these things or speculation sometimes. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

No where has it been suggested that was offered. Best I read was a 1st and a day 3 pick.

That’s what makes these reports frustrating. It’d be great to be a fly on the wall and get hands on info. I know that’s not realistic but I find these negotiations and parameters very interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

No where has it been suggested that was offered. Best I read was a 1st and a day 3 pick.

I’m not saying it was or wasn’t offered, just that’s what I would have taken in a deal.  If someone was offering a first and a 5th, I’m sure Douglas could have received a 1st and 3rd out of that team.  

• Upvote 1

From Breer, and take everything with a grain of salt:

• The sticker price on Adams, in Jets GM Joe Douglas’ defense, was sky high—they’d talked conceptually about ideas (one was, indeed, a first-rounder and two second-rounders) that were just a shade behind what the Jaguars got from the Rams for Ramsey. I’m told the Cowboys’ final offer was a first-rounder and a backup-level player. And that was not the best offer the Jets got. At the wire, three teams were involved: Dallas, Baltimore (which was serious about acquiring Adams) and a third team that made that blockbuster bid to get Adams.

• Upvote 1

So the trade dead line is over time move on.   Jamal needs to grow up.   So even if Joe wanted a number 1 and two  2nd rounders that should tell Jamal something about his worth.  Also Joe asking about Zac Martin and Tyron Smith does not indicate that Jamal was part of that deal.   It is obvious to  any novice fan we have the worst or one of the bottom rung O lines in the world.  This is not hard to figure out what the offseason priority is at this point.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I look at the bigger picture here. Douglas let the NFL know that when you talk to the Jets now, you are dealing with a professional. They'll move Eric Smith Jr., don't worry.

And coming from Philly he made it very clear in what he wanted in exchange for Adams to Jerrah. There's a new Sheriff in Florham Park, the days of signing guys like Revis & Trumaine at the end of their careers to long term huge contracts are OVER. Kalil was a swing at the fences on a 1 year deal & no implications on next years cap.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

And coming from Philly he made it very clear in what he wanted in exchange for Adams to Jerrah. There's a new Sheriff in Florham Park, the days of signing guys like Revis & Trumaine at the end of their careers to long term huge contracts are OVER. Kalil was a swing at the fences on a 1 year deal & no implications on next years cap.

Correct.

For all we know, Adams "outrage" is being driven by his agent, as a ploy to drive his client to a new team that he knows (the Cowboys) will pay exorbitant salaries for name players (although Dallas does not have the room to do that deal with Adams).

OR, and this is my guess, his agent has asked him to raise a fuss inside the Jets, to force the Jets to show him love this offseason, and give him a huge extension.

Where there is money involved, seek the agents.

The price for Adams would not be anywhere near as much as what was paid for Ramsey.

A #1 CB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

The price would be more  in line with what Pitt paid for Mikah Fitzpatrick which is a bit more than a 1st rounder.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The price for Adams would not be anywhere near as much as what was paid for Ramsey.

A #1 CB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

The price would be more  in line with what Pitt paid for Mikah Fitzpatrick which is a bit more than a 1st rounder.

All it takes is one team to knee jerk.

EDIT- Fitzpatrick only has 1 year left on contract. Adams, 2.

• Thumb Down 1

I bought the Sonos Beam for my TV set up making my BoseTv solo speaker expendable. Its a “Bose” and people will jump to buy it.

Problem is the Bose doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s fancy looking, sounds great but it’s limited. I was lowballed on each offer and now it’s in my 8 year olds room not being used and the wife keeps telling me to take it out and give it away.

Morale of the story is that I should have taken one of those low ball offers because every day this speaker gets more and more outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

If Adams was full of it he should have been disciplined by Douglas 

with that said let’s bury this and move on 

You know that the guy at the center of it all will not bury it and move on.

10 Adams says something stupid.

20 People react to it.

30 Adams wants to move on.

40 Goto 10

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I bought the Sonos Beam for my TV set up making my BoseTv solo speaker expendable. Its a “Bose” and people will jump to buy it.

Problem is the Bose doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s fancy looking, sounds great but it’s limited. I was lowballed on each offer and now it’s in my 8 year olds room not being used and the wife keeps telling me to take it out and give it away.

Morale of the story is that I should have taken one of those low ball offers because every day this speaker gets more and more outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bose always sounded too "tinny" for me.

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

a late first for adams sucks. dude is one of the best safeties in the league

And that’s why I think those offers will still be there no matter what in the off season. 

As much as we say he’s just a box safety, at least one team sees him as a “star” that can take their D to the next level. 

56 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

a late first for adams sucks. dude is one of the best safeties in the league

And that’s why I think those offers will still be there no matter what in the off season. 

As much as we say he’s just a box safety, at least one team sees him as a “star” that can take their D to the next level. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You think he could make this team better in one day? 

Exactly. Jet fans; OMG, IDZIK SUCKED, MACC SUCKED, we have the worst roster in football, OMG THE 2019 DRAFT SUCKED, OUR OLINE SUCKS, TRUMAINE JOHNSON SHOULD BE CUT! 

1-6, QB had Mono, 4/5th of the Oline replaced, not 1 ILB healthy. WHAT THE HELL IS JOE DOUGLAS DOING NOT TRADING ADAMS? FIRE GASE! AAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There is no way the Jets would leak this. It makes Douglas look like a ******* idiot.

I wouldn’t go that far, but it definitely looks like something the Cowboys would leak to placate their dimwit rural fans who think Adams was getting them past Green Bay

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don’t know anything about any of that. I just know this team suck balls and it’s going to take a at least couple drafts to fix. Why this idiot was talking about players instead of draft picks is beyond me. 

Maybe he doesn't want Darnold to die this season? What's wrong with wanting to trade for a proven offensive lineman in his prime over a draft pick? Why so you can have a chance to draft someone who may work out as well? Good offensive linemen in their prime don't go to free agency.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It sure is encouraging to hear that Douglas spent the day of the trade deadline trolling Jerry Jones instead of trying to make the team better.

Trolling? Joe Douglas did not CALL the Cowboys. To troll you have to initiate. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t go that far, but it definitely looks like something the Cowboys would leak to placate their dimwit rural fans who think Adams was getting them past Green Bay

It also sounds like something the Jets would leak to placate their dimwit fans who think this makes Douglas sound like a savvy negotiator.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe he doesn't want Darnold to die this season? What's wrong with wanting to trade for a proven offensive lineman in his prime over a draft pick? Why so you can have a chance to draft someone who may work out as well? Good offensive linemen in their prime don't go to free agency.

How often is it that the Jets have a commodity that the league actually values, and considers giving capital to trade for?

Every type of transactional discussion should be on the table to assess true value.  Established players (as long as they are either controllable, or have an extension plan in hand) can absolutely be on the table.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Which is why there was literally no chance Dallas was going to trade either of those guys for Jamal Adams. That's not negotiating. It's wasting the grown-ups' time.