The #1 overall pick.

46 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We are gonna rattle off 2 or 3 useless wins as always. It’s never gonna happen. 

I would agree with you any ANY other season, but not this one.  Why?  Because the 2019 NY Jets are not anything CLOSE to an NFL team, with the absolute worst OL I’ve ever seen on any level.

I don’t see how they don’t finish 1-15.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I cant really argue with anyone who wants to draft a QB.  I think it would be a mistake but there is a real chance we David Carr'ed Sam.  The Jets are the only team I can remember in recent history to draft their franchise QB and then completely ignore skill and offensive parts around him as if drafting a QB will solve everything.  There comes a point where drafting all your box safeties and run stuffing DT's come back to haunt you and we are at that point.  I also think Gase sucks and it just makes evaluating Sam even more difficult.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

IF Sam Darnold continues to falter you have no choice but to draft the best QB in the draft. 

I have come to the very real possibility that with this non supporting cast, it isn't possible to really evaluate anyone, especially Sam. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yountrade it.  But you take a qb in the 3rd or 4th round.

If darney sucks again next year, you will end up w a high pick again and trevor lawrence is on the table.

..and you bring in a veteran capable of starting like a Bridgewater (lol)..to give some competition. There has to be be accountability on everyone. I think Gase is a truly decrepit offensive mind, but Sam can't escape the consequences of regressing.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

We're going to end up with it. We are the worst team in the league. It's going to be interesting...do we draft a QB? Trade for a ransom? Are there any "cant miss" DTs?

QB or D line. We need an interior defensive lineman where 'the stats don't show everything but he is trying really hard even if he doesn't get tackles or sacks'. 

• Upvote 1

WEEK 10 · Sun 11/10 · 1:00 PM EST

t6mhdmgizi6qhndh8b9p

New York Giants

FOX
ESPN 98.7 | WQBU 92.7 FM (En Espanol)
Add to Calendar
METLIFE STADIUM

WEEK 11 · Sun 11/17 · 1:00 PM EST

AT

haxrowry8puwbrixjdmc

Washington Redskins

CBS
ESPN 98.7 | WADO 1280 AM (En Espanol)
Add to Calendar
FEDEXFIELD

dlyphnfdljwayz6kfuz5TRAVEL WITH AMTRAK

WEEK 12 · Sun 11/24 · 1:00 PM EST

am8dsjyfmdsiwxq5xl2a

Oakland Raiders

CBS
Add to Calendar
METLIFE STADIUM

WEEK 13 · Sun 12/01 · 1:00 PM EST

AT

okxpteoliyayufypqalq

Cincinnati Bengals

CBS
Add to Calendar
PAUL BROWN STADIUM

WEEK 14 · Sun 12/08 · 1:00 PM EST

lits6p8ycthy9to70bnt

Miami Dolphins

CBS
Add to Calendar
METLIFE STADIUM

WEEK 15 · Thu 12/12 · 8:20 PM EST

AT

ucsdijmddsqcj1i9tddd

Baltimore Ravens

FOX/NFL Network/Amazon
Add to Calendar
M&T BANK STADIUM

dlyphnfdljwayz6kfuz5TRAVEL WITH AMTRAK

WEEK 16 · Sun 12/22 · 1:00 PM EST

xujg9t3t4u5nmjgr54wx

Pittsburgh Steelers

CBS
Add to Calendar
METLIFE STADIUM

WEEK 17 · Sun 12/29 · 1:00 PM EST

AT

giphcy6ie9mxbnldntsf

Buffalo Bills

CBS
Add to Calendar
NEW ERA FIELD

iilvh9shtqt37mnrjbz2FLY WITH JETBLUETRAVEL WITH PRIMESPORT

The Jets remaining schedule. Realistically how many more wins do you think they get? I say 1, maybe 2.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They aren't throwing the INT's and forcing them instead of taking the sack or throwing the ball out of bounds. 

Sam Darnold has regressed . 

You can look at it with that logic  with black colored glasses - there's no 2 ways to Sunday about the fact that he's regressed because of OL and Gsse -

So you logic is that all is fine with this team and it;s all on Sam?  Can't have it both ways - everyone , including the experts say that Sam can't be judged 'til he's got a good supporting cast.

You're putting the cart before the horse.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Chase Young is the best player in the draft.  He is exact what the Jets have needed on defense for like 2 decades.

I don't know if they'd be able to take him though if they got the pick.  Unless they can stockpile a few more picks this off-season, they'd probably have to trade back a few slots and try addressing as many needs as possible.

They can take him when they trade Adams before FA.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

We're going to end up with it. We are the worst team in the league. It's going to be interesting...do we draft a QB? Trade for a ransom? Are there any "cant miss" DTs?

The Redskins will not win another game.  We could beat the Dolphins next go round.

We will pick 3-5 when all is said and done.  Same as always.  Lets just hope we're don picking D-Linemen in those spots.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

The Jets will not end up with the #1 overall pick, and they certainly will not be drafting a QB when they have Sam Darnold. Their schedule is just too weak compared to other winless or 1 win teams and I think its obvious to everyone with two eyes that the offensive line is the issue, not Darnold. 

If they do end up with a top 5 pick, they are going with Chase Young or Andrew Thomas. If both are gone, they are trading down. If a trade down does not happen, I think they take BPA as long as it fills a need- WR, OT, Edge, CB.  

I agree with this.  Sam isn't the issue at all.  He needs to clean up a few things yes but give the kid a competent offensive line and offensive line coach and he'll be able to showcase his talent. 

The Jets are going to be drafting in the Top 5.  More likely than not it'll go QB (Tua), QB (Furrow), Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, then the Jets will probably pick 5th with their luck and have a decision to make.  For me they would have to take the 2nd best LT in the draft.  Most likely Tristan Wirfs.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

We are gonna rattle off 2 or 3 useless wins as always. It’s never gonna happen. 

You can't be serious.  The Jets are incapable of winning right now, even if the other team is trying to tank we will still lose.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I have come to the very real possibility that with this non supporting cast, it isn't possible to really evaluate anyone, especially Sam. 

The critics shouldn’t just start and end with Darnold, also claim that Lev Bell “sucks” too (guy hasn’t had a SINGLE clean hole to run through the entire season, 95% of whatever yards he has gained are After contact..yes, that is not a misprint).

Seriously, if the Jet OL had any honor they would have committed Hari-Kari long ago...starting with Winters.

Herbert, Burrow, and Tua seem to be the top 3 QB's right? The Pac 12 scares me, but Herbert looks to be a big tough kid who understood he needed an extra year in school. Plus arm, stands in the pocket, can take a hit. If the Jets are picking top 5 (likely) one of those guys should at least be there. You have to draft a quarterback.

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Herbert, Burrow, and Tua seem to be the top 3 QB's right? The Pac 12 scares me, but Herbert looks to be a big tough kid who understood he needed an extra year in school. Plus arm, stands in the pocket, can take a hit. If the Jets are picking top 5 (likely) one of those guys should at least be there. You have to draft a quarterback.

Yeah sure and let him play behind another crappy OL. LMAO

Then all of you same clowns will be telling us how bad THAT QB is.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I don't want to draft a QB. I think Darnold's combination of his talent and intangibles = a future elite QB.

He's been stuck with very substandard supporting casts last season and this year, and even worse offensive coordinators. I think his poor play is 90% a function of that vs. his capability level.

Trade down and re-build the offensive line to start.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

I don't want to draft a QB. I think Darnold's combination of his talent and intangibles = a future elite QB.

He's been stuck with very substandard supporting casts last season and this year, and even worse offensive coordinators. I think his poor play is 90% a function of that vs. his capability level.

Trade down and re-build the offensive line to start.

This is the approach I would prefer. We already have enough capital tied up in the position. To draft another QB, and not give him some real protection, seems redundant.