The #1 overall pick.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

IF Sam Darnold continues to falter you have no choice but to draft the best QB in the draft. 

You simply can't truly evaluate Darnold on this year alone with what has happened. He has a clueless HC and one of the worst Olines I have ever seen in my half century of watching football. Fire the coach, use most of your assets on the offense this year in the draft and FA, and then maybe you can truly evaluate what you have at QB. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

ZERO chance we get the #1 pick, ZERO.  more than likely will be picking around 5 or 6.

This team will always win some meaningless game later in the year and drop 4 or 5 spots.  Always.

I'm not so sure after today's debacle. If Gase is still here they just might get that No.1 pick. 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Why would Sam darnold not falter behind our offensive line. If he didn't get robbed of a TD today he would be near 300 yards with two TDS and no interceptions which is not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

It's more than the OL he has regressed fundamentally throwing off the back foot, floating the ball up in the air for grabs to anyone, instead of taking the sack, throwing at the ground or out of bounds he's forcing the ball throwing INT's. He's overthrowing and under throwing receivers. He seems to have lost all confidence and playing scared, he doesn't even take charge of the team. He's going through the motions. 

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

My feeling is Joe would put the 1st pick up for sale. The Jets are so bad basically EVERYWHERE that I would think he'd trade down in order to patch more holes? 

1st, 2nd or 6th pick, you trade down significantly, something that last BPA MF didn’t do when he had numerous chances. Could’ve rid ourselves of the useless garbage Leo, trash talking SOB Adams and even the tiny first round LB. you trade towards the end of first round and pick up assets including picks for future drafts as well depending on where we pick. Then you ignore the D with the first 3-4 picks and just draft OLs, WRs and RB on day 1 & 2. Then take a few fliers on day 3 on CBs. Oh and release TruJ ASAP. Trade Adams in the off season. Don’t need his garbage play or mouth. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I'm not so sure after today's debacle. If Gase is still here they just might get that No.1 pick. 

Think about it..we play Miami/Cincinnati/Washington.....we can do this!!! Trade out and get a whole new O line in one draft! Nah, we are the JETs.

We need a QB fellas. 

No the Jets need a LT,LG,C,RG,RT....and then they need some WR's and they definitely need a New HC, things will get better in a hurry...then start working on the Defense...Man they've been using high picks on D for basically the last 20 years....and not only can't they ever get close to the opposing QB they rarely EVER make a 3rd down stop haha...Jesus.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

IF Sam Darnold continues to falter you have no choice but to draft the best QB in the draft. 

Bullsh*t....what, to make the 'next sure thing' QB's life also a miserable hell?

YOU BUILD A F*CKING TEAM...from the OL and O playmakers out and let Darnold declare himself.

At least this way, if Darnold flames out, the next QB has at least a semblance of talent and protection to succeed.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's more than the OL he has regressed fundamentally throwing off the back foot, floating the ball up in the air for grabs to anyone, instead of taking the sack, throwing at the ground or out of bounds he's forcing the ball throwing INT's. He's overthrowing and under throwing receivers. He seems to have lost all confidence and playing scared, he doesn't even take charge of the team. He's going through the motions. 

How can you "take charge" when you're getting cracked on virtually every play?  Many times with a free rusher.  How can you step into a throw and not throw off your back foot when you've had a semi-clean Pocket for I don't know, no more than say 9 times ALL season?  More proof of that is how many times has Lev Bell NOT been hit in the backfield?  I'll tell you, before today only 5% of the time.  That's right 95% of his yards have come after contact.  This is an HISTORICALLY bad OL the Jets have right now.  Like to see Tom Brady play behind it.

I'll agree with you that Darnold has regressed and that he is not totally blameless but he is also human and he definitely knows what a terrible team he has around him.  Hopefully the Jets don't ruin him.  Gase and his little King of Queens guy flunky are definitely not the right coaches for Sam Darnold.

4 hours ago, freestater said:

We're going to end up with it. We are the worst team in the league. It's going to be interesting...do we draft a QB? Trade for a ransom? Are there any "cant miss" DTs?

That would be the best thing that happened to the Jets in a ***long*** time. Douglas would parley that into two solid OL picks and Sam would time to pass the ball and Bell would have some holes to run through.

• Upvote 1

Chase Young unless someone offers a kings ransom.  Im not opposed to trading out but I’m not trading very far down. I wouldn’t want to move out of the top 5 with how bad our roster is. We need to leave the draft with one of Chase Young,Wirfs,Thomas,Jeudy or Okudah.  

• Upvote 1

OL throwing the INT's and calling for the ball on the snap and not being ready for it 

Well you're cherry picking.  If they gave Darnold the TD like they should have when he hit his TE he has 2 TDs and 300 yards on the day, not exactly "get a new QB" territory. Also I just read that Darnold said he intended to throw the ball away on that pick at the goal line but his arm was hit at the last second.  Unfortunate event, but his thinking most importantly was correct.

New England was a disaster, as it is for the LAST 19 first and second year QB's to go against Belichick (he's 20-0 last 20 games).

Jax was also a disaster, but you have to admit Darnold getting clobbered about 25 times during the game, 8 Sacks and I think 17 hits on him, definitely he lots to do with Darnold making more poor decisions with the ball.

But guess what, the game back from Mono against Dallas, Darnold was almost flawless in his decision making, so much so and with a QB Rating I think close to 120 with close to 350 yards passing earned Darnold AFC PLayer of the Week.  Outside of a pick Darnold threw late in the Dallas game (his ONLY one of the game) he was actually being LAUDED by analysts for his "much improved" ball security that dated back to the last quarter of 2018 when he was the Top Rated Passer in the NFL over that time frame.

Belichick definitely keyed off some bad sh*t that's for sure, that's when this downward trend started, and has continued over the last 2 games after New England....but to think that Darnold is "finished" and that "we need to draft a new QB", it's just silly.

I'm not going to hold Darnold blameless....but tell me with a straight face that you think Darnold plays on an NFL team, can you?  Tell me this is not the WORST OL you have EVER seen.  Can you?

Tell me Gase has not lost the lockerroom and that many players don't appear to even care at this point.  Can you?

There is even a decent argument to be made that Macaganan's Feces Roster was even worse in 2018 and Darnold performed well well above and beyond the call of duty at points last year.  That's what I saw and got me so amped for this year.  But alas, this is the NY Jets, I should have known better.  Should have known that they would pick the one guy in the world who could be a worse HC than Bowles, just as they were able to pick the one guy in the world who would be a worse GM than Idzik.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, Warfish said:

The Redskins will not win another game.  We could beat the Dolphins next go round.

We will pick 3-5 when all is said and done.  Same as always.  Lets just hope we're don picking D-Linemen in those spots.

3-5 should give you a shot at Wirf who I'd be more than happy with. Also, after the Phins debacle I'm not so confident the Jets will beat Washington. 

Depends on the evaluation of Darnold over the second half of the season. 

Ideally, you'd like to trade it for a haul, but if Darnold is continues to regress, you have to consider taking Tua. 

Of course, the Jets are not getting the number 1 pick because they are going to win a couple of meaningless games in November/December that you don't expect. This is the Jet way. These wins will cost them a minimum of 4 spots in the draft order. 

Sign Scherff literally hand him a blank check and just pay him whatever he writes down. Draft Chase Young to pair with Quinnen and finally aquire an elite edge rusher. Use the 1 one I’m assuming we’ll have from Dallas for Jamal. Figure 20-26 somewhere in there to draft Tyler Biasasz out of Wisconsin. Add and Elite Edge rusher and the best C in the draft. OT in the 2nd, CB and WR with our 3rds and the rebuilds off to a solid solid start. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

Sign Scherff literally hand him a blank check and just pay him whatever he writes down. Draft Chase Young to pair with Quinnen and finally aquire an elite edge rusher. Use the 1 one I’m assuming we’ll have from Dallas for Jamal. Figure 20-26 somewhere in there to draft Tyler Biasasz out of Wisconsin. Add and Elite Edge rusher and the best C in the draft. OT in the 2nd, CB and WR with our 3rds and the rebuilds off to a solid solid start. 

Agree on all points

I was really hoping JD would have done the smart thing and traded Adams for a first rd pick

Imagine if next draft we get both Chase Young and Andrew Thomas in the 1st round?  Sick.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Depends on the evaluation of Darnold over the second half of the season. 

Ideally, you'd like to trade it for a haul, but if Darnold is continues to regress, you have to consider taking Tua. 

Of course, the Jets are not getting the number 1 pick because they are going to win a couple of meaningless games in November/December that you don't expect. This is the Jet way. These wins will cost them a minimum of 4 spots in the draft order. 

Tua already has an injury history

Stick with Sam, hire an actual head coach like McCarthy and build up the rest of the roster 

Have the publicity department release story after story  that we are interested in taking another QB.  We want insurance on Sam... or make up some story.  We're the Jets... they'll believe anything.  Then the closer the draft comes the more desperate a few teams will be to make a deal.  Milk the press for all it's worth and sell the pick to the highest bidder.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Have the publicity department release story after story  that we are interested in taking another QB.  We're the Jets... they'll believe anything.  Then the closer the draft comes the more desperate a few teams will be to make a deal.  Milk the press for all it's worth and sell the pick to the highest bidder.

0D570A9A-E64A-4B7F-A4A8-84D5AA01B3C8.jpeg.f0877d35629da951aad27330bb07ebbf.jpeg

I was going to make a poll about this very topic because I didn't remember seeing one.

I could very well see us taking the first pick in the draft.

I do have faith in Sam, and wouldn't want to jump the gun with the QB.  Dan Orlovsky always has a very good breakdown of Sam, and while he acknowledges if he does make a bad move, you can see that the problem isn't as much him as it is those around him on the breakdowns.

right now this is where my mind is at.:

1)  As much as I was against the idea going into the year, I would draft Chase Young.  This kid is an animal off the edge and having someone like him would help out the rest of the D-Line,. and help make Quinnen even better.  Upgrading there, increases the production of those around him.

2)  Trade Down for someone who wants that QB, or depending on that package, Chase Young.  We could be potentially look at a nice bidding war for that pick whether it be for him, or Tua, and if someone else really shines at the end of the year or through the combine/draft process, it helps even more.  Use all of those picks and Fill the needs with the best available at the times for the OL, EDGE, CB, and WR(not in that order, but as the dominoes fall, or whoever we feel is the we cant pass up)  This would(and should) show the asset of having someone like Joe Douglas in the building.  Nail these picks, and FA, and we could be "that team" that surprises everyone next year.

I'm not opposed to drafting OL early if neither of these work out, but the more I think about it, this is the best course of action as we stand right now in my opinion

On 11/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, joewilly12 said:

I disagreem as we can all agree that Darnold is a bust, if you get the #1 overall pick you trade it for a ransom and rebuild the team. 

When darnold flames hard the next year you draft a qb once you have the other pieces in place

On 11/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, PepPep said:

The Jets will not end up with the #1 overall pick, and they certainly will not be drafting a QB when they have Sam Darnold. Their schedule is just too weak compared to other winless or 1 win teams and I think its obvious to everyone with two eyes that the offensive line is the issue, not Darnold. 

If they do end up with a top 5 pick, they are going with Chase Young or Andrew Thomas. If both are gone, they are trading down. If a trade down does not happen, I think they take BPA as long as it fills a need- WR, OT, Edge, CB.  

Are you saying you have a problem with Defensive tackles ?

11 minutes ago, funaz said:

I disagreem as we can all agree that Darnold is a bust, if you get the #1 overall pick you trade it for a ransom and rebuild the team. 

When darnold flames hard the next year you draft a qb once you have the other pieces in place

So in your logic there's always next year, thats great but some of us have been saying that for 50 years. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Agree on all points

I was really hoping JD would have done the smart thing and traded Adams for a first rd pick

Imagine if next draft we get both Chase Young and Andrew Thomas in the 1st round?  Sick.

We'll regret the day we pass on Chase Young kids about as can't miss as you can get and fills a huge need. I wish we could get both but I haven't seen Thomas drop out of the top 10 in any mock I've looked at yet but look at that C from Wisconsin man he'd be a solid addition