The #1 overall pick.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IF Sam Darnold continues to falter you have no choice but to draft the best QB in the draft. 

You have to trade out of the #1 spot and build the OL.  A lot of what we are seeing from Darnold is who he is  when the team is down and he's getting no protection he tries to make anything happen... 

We are gonna rattle off 2 or 3 useless wins as always. It’s never gonna happen. 

Posted Images

Lets be honest here. 

When the Jets allowed Macc to run the draft and FA this year before firing him, Douglas' contract, although it says 6 years, effectively was a 5 year deal, starting this offseason. There was little to nothing he could do with this years roster.

We don't know the terms of Gase's deal, but the combination of a poor roster, all the injuries, and the fact that he basically was the person who hired Douglas, means he isn't getting fired this year, whether we like it or not.

I've been more critical of Darnold then most of you, but even I think we should give him at least another season. I'd be surprised if he becomes much better then he is right now, but our team is so bad he deserves a chance to show he can improve and be the guy.

Either way it a no lose situation for the Jets, we've got a QB on what is now a cheap contract. We need to rebuid from the bottom up, meaning the OL, ER, WR, and DB positions. Because they are all so barren, QB isn't a major concern for a team this bad.

Nobody wants to say it, but we are at least a few years from being a contending team in the AFC. QB isn't a major concern right now as long as Darnold is on a rookie deal. It's going to be a long rocky road, and that's assuming Douglas knows what the hell he's doing.

He's our guy though, so buckle up kids, all we can do is sit back and let Douglas take us for the the ride.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Lets be honest here. 

When the Jets allowed Macc to run the draft and FA this year before firing him, Douglas' contract, although it says 6 years, effectively was a 5 year deal, starting this offseason. There was little to nothing he could do with this years roster.

We don't know the terms of Gase's deal, but the combination of a poor roster, all the injuries, and the fact that he basically was the person who hired Douglas, means he isn't getting fired this year, whether we like it or not.

I've been more critical of Darnold then most of you, but even I think we should give him at least another season. I'd be surprised if he becomes much better then he is right now, but our team is so bad he deserves a chance to show he can improve and be the guy.

Either way it a no lose situation for the Jets, we've got a QB on what is now a cheap contract. We need to rebuid from the bottom up, meaning the OL, ER, WR, and DB positions. Because they are all so barren, QB isn't a major concern for a team this bad.

Nobody wants to say it, but we are at least a few years from being a contending team in the AFC. QB isn't a major concern right now as long as Darnold is on a rookie deal. It's going to be a long rocky road, and that's assuming Douglas knows what the hell he's doing.

He's our guy though, so buckle up kids, all we can do is sit back and let Douglas take us for the the ride.

Agreed with  all of this.  If we draft a QB in 2020 it will/should be in the middle rounds.  Hedge our bets a little.  A QB in the 1st just isn't happening though.  

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Lets be honest here. 

As usual you and I agree on a lot but I do have one question.......

What is the ER position? or is that not a position but a place that Darnold will be by season's end?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

As usual you and I agree on a lot but I do have one question.......

What is the ER position? or is that not a position but a place that Darnold will be by season's end?

LOL. It might be both pretty soon...

"edge rusher", ala Josh Allen, whom I wanted us to take this year. (although I was also the moron begging for us to pick Jachai Polite with our 3rd pick in the draft thread to fill that role).

Look, when Sam has time to throw he plays pretty well thus far given the lack of talent he’s dealing with. If we land the first overall we should trade down and stockpile picks to try and build around him. I’m not a huge Tua fan, frankly I’d even trade out with MIA and take their 3 first rounders and take my chances with Sam and those 3 picks over them with just Tua. Throw in Jamal for a 1st and we would have 4 1st round picks to address OL, WR, and edge rusher. Not sure its realistic, but if it was on the table I’d do it even with a div rival.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
On 11/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, freestater said:

We're going to end up with it. We are the worst team in the league. It's going to be interesting...do we draft a QB? Trade for a ransom? Are there any "cant miss" DTs?

As Jesters we gotta "compete" still w/ Dolps, Skins and Bungles.