This team needs a teacher. Adam Gase is not a teacher.

46 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

This team is so void of talent that even a teacher wouldn't help.

This is not about wins and losses. With a proper coach, they might have the same amount of wins but you would not see the attrocious bad habits Sam has picked up. Gase needs to go now before Sam is gone so deep, he can't be pulled out. This is really really bad

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This team needs a new roster, a new coach, and more importantly a new quarterback. Jets are now officially in the running for #1 overall and it's probably best to pursue it at this point with the quarterbacks available for 2020.

You cannot make the same mistake of trying to get a new QB while the other parts are so bad.

You have to have talent in other areas suffer with matt moor as your qb for a few years and then add the QB once your team is built.

Most of the successful young QBs in this league these days have come into teams with some talent for them.

Forget QB for 3 years and do the right thing and build the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase might do fine with Peyton Manning and a veteran Denver team.  Idzik and Maccagnan put us in a bad spot.  This team is young and needs to be coached up.  Gase is NOT that guy, especially when it comes to line play.

Fire him now and name Gregg Williams HC.  At least he puts an emphasis on teaching.

Great points. Very well said. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You cannot make the same mistake of trying to get a new QB while the other parts are so bad.

You have to have talent in other areas suffer with matt moor as your qb for a few years and then add the QB once your team is built.

Most of the successful young QBs in this league these days have come into teams with some talent for them.

Build a good roster. Draft a good QB and win Super Bowl on rookie deal. That’s the easiest formula. We are at least three years away from that, unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase might do fine with Peyton Manning and a veteran Denver team.  Idzik and Maccagnan put us in a bad spot.  This team is young and needs to be coached up.  Gase is NOT that guy, especially when it comes to line play.

Fire him now and name Gregg Williams HC.  At least he puts an emphasis on teaching.

**** Gregg Williams. Defense is complete sh*t

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Yup I said in the game thread that we hired on offensive playcaller not an HC

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This team needs a new roster, a new coach, and more importantly a new quarterback. Jets are now officially in the running for #1 overall and it's probably best to pursue it at this point with the quarterbacks available for 2020.

I wouldn't go QB in 2020, as this team is nowhere near ready for another QB to step in and find success. Trade our pick for more assets and build this team up first. If Darnold still looks this shell-shocked next year with, hopefully, an upgraded offense around him, then I'm 100% on board to go QB in 2021 and let Sam and the new guy battle it out and trade the loser.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes passing on Mahomes and Watson for Adams has worked out wonderfully.

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I wouldn't go QB in 2020, as this team is nowhere near ready for another QB to step in and find success. Trade our pick for more assets and build this team up first. If Darnold still looks this shell-shocked next year with, hopefully, an upgraded offense around him, then I'm 100% on board to go QB in 2021 and let Sam and the new guy battle it out and trade the loser.

Quarterback is without question the hardest position to find on the field. You don't pass up on opportunities to land one when they are there. Everything else can be bought if needs be.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes passing on Mahomes and Watson for Adams has worked out wonderfully.

Both great QBs and great players.  Both would not be near the players they are here.

Both walked into teams that had some reasonable level of building done already and coaches who were not totally inept in every way.

Bring Tua or Lawrence or whoever your choice is into this team with this oline, no wrs and this atrocious coaching staff and they have a low chance to succeed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Jesus H Christmas - you can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap. Give Gase and Douglas two years to change this abysmal roster into one that resembles a team with a mediocre NFL talent level and then you can complain if they still suck. For now no HC could make these bums look even decent much less good.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Quarterback is without question the hardest position to find on the field. You don't pass up on opportunities to land one when they are there. Everything else can be bought if needs be.

We're not going to buy an entire OL, pass rush, and CB core in free agency. We are going to need to use draft capital, and a lot of it.

Unless Tua (or whoever) is really that much more of a can't-miss prospect than Lawrence (or whoever) in 2021 is, then trading back to accruing more picks to patch this woefully talent-starved team is the move, imo.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

We're not going to buy an entire OL, pass rush, and CB core in free agency. We are going to need to use draft capital, and a lot of it.

Unless Tua (or whoever) is really that much more of a can't-miss prospect than Lawrence (or whoever) in 2021 is, then trading back to accruing more picks to patch this woefully talent-starved team is the move, imo.

Just trade back for lots of picks. You just wish it so and *poof* it happens.

23 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You don't know this at all. Not one bit. And the only tools that we actually do have for evaluating these things actually say the complete opposite.

Are you seriously telling me that with

Adma Gase as head coach

with this offensive line

with no kelce or watkins or tyrek hill or deandre hopkins

That those QBs would lift us to immediate greatness?

You cannot throw any young QB to the wolves and even the all time greats had help.

33 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Matt Rhule was the guy for this team.

The Jets did everything right - identified the correct candidate, interviewed him, and made him their top choice.

Then screwed it up haggling over assistant coach choices.

Pathetic.

All goes back to the CEO.  this is all on him.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Are you seriously telling me that with

Adma Gase as head coach

with this offensive line

with no kelce or watkins or tyrek hill or deandre hopkins

That those QBs would lift us to immediate greatness?

You cannot throw any young QB to the wolves and even the all time greats had help.

hello my name is beerfish and i believe there are only two types of meats; moldy, rotten olive loaf or 72-day dry-aged ribeyes.

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just trade back for lots of picks. You just wish it so and *poof* it happens.

Shocking how every other team in the league has manged to do it at some time or other over the last 20 years except the jets, who it seems no one ever wants to deal with thus just pick the top rate DT.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

hello my name is beerfish and i believe there are only two types of meats; moldy, rotten olive loaf or 72-day dry-aged ribeyes.

Who is your preferred Qb of the future?  Tua next year?  Lawrence the next?  Pick any guy you want.

If you stick him with gase and with this team he will get killed.

Hello my name is rutgers and just keep drafting QBs and ignoring the rest of the team and you will find one one of these years.

Your 'absolutes; are as absolute as my absolutes?  Absolutely.