This team needs a teacher. Adam Gase is not a teacher.

1 hour ago, Y2jets said:

This is not about wins and losses. With a proper coach, they might have the same amount of wins but you would not see the attrocious bad habits Sam has picked up. Gase needs to go now before Sam is gone so deep, he can't be pulled out. This is really really bad

Unless that teacher is going to play LT, or for that matter any OL position to assist, Sam still picks up bad habits.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Unless that teacher is going to play LT, or for that matter any OL position to assist, Sam still picks up bad habits.

It's probably time to start coming to grips with the idea that Darnold had those habits anyways. The way that all of this has played out is, on average, how quarterbacks with his level of college experience tend to perform.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Essentially yes. The same trade-down clamors happen every single year the Jets draft high and yet it never happens. Why do you think that is?

If your argument is that this franchise is just too unlucky for anyone to offer up anything to trade up with us, or too stupid and inept to capitalize on it, I can't exactly disagree with that.

And if you want to call me a fool for hoping, just once, that our new GM bucks the trend on that and can acquire a few extra picks in the process that can maybe improve this team for the long haul, then fine. I'll be a fool all day long and hope that someday, somehow, the New York Jets are magically no longer a mass of useless players and pieces of sh*t.

Call me a fool for wanting things to change.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If your argument is that this franchise is just too unlucky for anyone to offer up anything to trade up with us, or too stupid and inept to capitalize on it, I can't exactly disagree with that.

And if you want to call me a fool for hoping, just once, that our new GM bucks the trend on that and can acquire a few extra picks in the process that can maybe improve this team for the long haul, then fine. I'll be a fool all day long and hope that someday, somehow, the New York Jets are magically no longer a mass of useless players and pieces of sh*t.

Call me a fool for wanting things to change.

My argument is that nobody is ever dumb enough to pay the price to trade up except the Jets and the Redskins. 

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

This team is so void of talent that even a teacher wouldn't help.

Lots of teams with poor rosters. Look around the league though... you still see some competitive football being played with 2nd and 3rd string QBs... it's not an excuse.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

are you really taking this sh*t that literally

So, you present dumb argument, I point out that said argument is, in fact, dumb and wrong, and then you back-track like, "I can't believe you took my dumb, wrong argument seriously".

lol

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, you present dumb argument, I point out that said argument is, in fact, dumb and wrong, and then you back-track like, "I can't believe you took my dumb, wrong argument seriously".

lol

There are two ways to take that statement:

1. Actually think I was making some sort of empirical claim. Look things up on imright.com and then triumphantly claim that you, in fact, have proven me wrong. A conquering hero, perhaps. Wow. Much argument. Bird law. Filibuster.

2. As a casual hyperbolic reply that things don't ever pan out for the Jets with this sh*t and there's no reason to think that is going to change.

But hey if #1 makes you feel good, have at it.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Who is your preferred Qb of the future?  Tua next year?  Lawrence the next?  Pick any guy you want.

If you stick him with gase and with this team he will get killed.

Hello my name is rutgers and just keep drafting QBs and ignoring the rest of the team and you will find one one of these years.

Your 'absolutes; are as absolute as my absolutes?  Absolutely.

Better than the DT philosophy...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol

Par for the course.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There are two ways to take that statement:

1. Actually think I was making some sort of empirical claim. Look things up on imright.com and then triumphantly claim that you, in fact, have proven me wrong. A conquering hero, perhaps. Wow. Much argument. Bird law. Filibuster.

2. As a casual hyperbolic reply that things don't ever pan out for the Jets with this sh*t and there's no reason to think that is going to change.

But hey if #1 makes you feel good, have at it.

Even when he's wrong, it's because he was being smarter than everyone else.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

lol

Nice circling back to the exact argument I suggest to you earlier which you ignored, instead opting to go with your hyperbolic response.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said: