Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

It takes an act of God to get someone fired on the Jets, so i think your chances are pretty low. The only shot you have is Gase is pretty unstable so maybe he flips out on CJ at some point. 

Besides, if you read between the lines on the Joe Douglas presser he basically made the comment that they think he needs better players. 

• Upvote 1

I think you put Joe Douglas in charge and give him full control in hiring a new coach and running the team this disaster is result of the Johnson having to much say. I think this team finally has a competent GM in Douglas you give him full control and the Johnson boys step away it's the only way this team will ever turn it around.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

I think you put Joe Douglas in charge and give him full control in hiring a new coach and running the team this disaster is result of the Johnson having to much say. I think this team finally has a competent GM in Douglas you give him full control and the Johnson boys step away it's the only way this team will ever turn it around.

It's hard to know what Douglas can do..He has a good pedigree, but so do a lot of GMs who end flaming out. However, it's the exact right move to fire Gase and let Douglas hire the next coaching staff. If only to fix the stupid coach and gm are equal and report to johnson power structure.