Sign in to follow this  
Joe the Breadman

Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

In the real world he's fired.....   But this is the New York Jets world so, no.  He will not only finish the year.   He will be back next year

• Upvote 3

The Johnsons don’t have the balls to pull the trigger. We’re stuck with him for at least 3 more years

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Team is a disgrace.  Not interested in who’s hurt the OL? Team disinterested and so is 90%of jets fans 

• Upvote 3

Worst coached Jets team I have ever seen. The players are bad but they look like they've never played together.

Gase will be lucky to get another job in football after this. Catastrophe. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

He'll get 1 full year with the semblance of a team that hasn't been completely ravaged by injury.  The only slim chance he's fired is if they finish 1-15.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Pac said:

He'll get 1 full year with the semblance of a team that hasn't been completely ravaged by injury.  The only slim chance he's fired is if they finish 1-15.

The offense hasn’t been ravaged by injuries. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

In the real world he's fired.....   But this is the New York Jets world so, no.  He will not only finish the year.   He will be back next year

Remember when the 49ers fired Kyle Shanahan last year?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1

It takes an act of God to get someone fired on the Jets, so i think your chances are pretty low. The only shot you have is Gase is pretty unstable so maybe he flips out on CJ at some point. 

Besides, if you read between the lines on the Joe Douglas presser he basically made the comment that they think he needs better players. 

• Upvote 1

This line is so terrible, that said you gotta find ways to help them out. I don't think they'll fire him yet since Douglas hasn't had a chance to really work for him although they don't report to one another.

4 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I dont think its outside of the realm of possibility 

I think it's extremely remote. Gase is Christopher Johnson's hand-picked offensive genius who's "coaching to where football is going."

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The offense hasn’t been ravaged by injuries. 

uhh...  yes they have.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when the 49ers fired Kyle Shanahan last year?

Gase ? shannahan 

Tomshane ? Joe Willy 

rings true 

sorry to one of the greats 

What is absolutely inexcusable is that we have unblocked rushers when there is adequate protection (numbers) behind to handle it. Or the whole safety snap debacle. That is 100% on coaching to keep having that peewee sh*t happen every week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Right now Tannehill is playing better than Darnold.  I hated the Gase hire, but he is an even bigger disaster than I thought.  His mere presence is a detriment to the team and its players.  Everyone is performing at their absolute worst.  He needs to be gone ASAP.

• Upvote 4

Johnson needs to be humiliated at MetLife by 100 Jets fans showing up for a game probably at least twice before it happens 

• Like 1

I think you put Joe Douglas in charge and give him full control in hiring a new coach and running the team this disaster is result of the Johnson having to much say. I think this team finally has a competent GM in Douglas you give him full control and the Johnson boys step away it's the only way this team will ever turn it around.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Shanahan was dealing with a 3rd string QB and walk-on RBs. 

I am not usually on  "Team let's fire our Head Coach every year" but Gase has shown me nothing this year. 

I'm starting to think that @T0mShane enjoys the board imploding so he wants the Jets to keep Gase to watch the world burn

2 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

I think you put Joe Douglas in charge and give him full control in hiring a new coach and running the team this disaster is result of the Johnson having to much say. I think this team finally has a competent GM in Douglas you give him full control and the Johnson boys step away it's the only way this team will ever turn it around.

It's hard to know what Douglas can do..He has a good pedigree, but so do a lot of GMs who end flaming out. However, it's the exact right move to fire Gase and let Douglas hire the next coaching staff. If only to fix the stupid coach and gm are equal and report to johnson power structure.