Sign in to follow this  
Joe the Breadman

Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

Think it's pointless to fire him until week 17. There may come a point he asks out. 

But he does himself no favors with his "I got a secret" not talking to anybody. Again, no benefit to pretending to be screaming Rex Ryan, it's not who Gase is. But you cannot be this removed form all this. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Dude what? Kyle Shannahan was the OC for a Super Bowl team, who if not for an epic meltdown would’ve blown the Patriots out of the building.

Adam Gase has never as much as had a top 20 offense...

Technically Gase was the OC of a Super Bowl team in Denver., so...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Gase is as good as Shanahan. I’m saying you can’t dump a head coach too soon. I’m not saying you give him four years, but you also can’t give him seven games.

If you fire him today, who's stepping up to take this job? You keep bumping up against the terrible reputation of this ownership. The OL is terrible, and they've had multiple games with the #3 QB. How does anybody win with that? 

Grant you a real GM last April  probably takes a long look and Minshew or Rudolph later in the draft, or some OL guys way earlier. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Bart Scott is useless on these shows. He’s apologizing to “kids” because Gase used a “curse word.” Get checked for CTE, Bart, and stop making weird Kardashian references 

Scott breaking chops about Gase using a cuss word in 2019 when he was Rex's pet is a bit much. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BettyBoop said:

Chris Johnson, who admittedly went AWOL for two years, pulled his head out of his ass and found himself in this position. After eight games this team is the worst in the league.  There are no good choices here.  Consider:

• The offensive genius who Johnson hired has been a disaster.  The OL is the worst I've ever seen with basically the SAME players from last year.  How is that possible?  The guy is abrasive and has a personality disorder and has rubbed everyone the wrong way.  The wheels are off and there's no way to put them back on.
  • So do you fire Gase mid-season?  In January?  Some say that would give the appearance of a dysfunctional franchise.  Seriously???  Does anyone think this ISN'T a dysfunctional franchise?  The bottom line is no one wants to work for the Johnsons.  No one.  It started with Bellichick and the napkin and nothing has changed.  
  • Do you keep Gase for another season for consistency and appearances?  I just can't imagine what this fanbase and reporters would be like in season two of this schitshow.  
  • What about Douglas?  He hasn't had much to work with but the one main move he's made has been terrible.  $8mm for Kalil who is actually worse than Spencer Long and Harrison.  That's $8mm that could have been carried over to next year.  Everyone is jumping up and down about getting a third round pick for Leo, but Mac got a second and a serviceable player for Sheldon.  I'm hopeful he's better than Mac and Idzik but all we have to base that on is his 'pedigree'.  Let's imagine for a moment that he isn't the guy to turn this team around.  Chris Johnson, being prodded by Gase, gave him a SIX year, $6mm per, deal!  
  • While much has been made about the appearance of firing a coach after eight games or one season, the real problem with this organization is Johnson insisting that the coach and the GM both report to him.  It doesn't matter if it works for other organizations, having Chris or Woody Johnson making football decisions is the reason we are where we are today.

The only hope here is for Douglas to be the miracle worker many say he is.  If he's not, there needs to be an intervention by the league, ala, George Young and the Giants.

The Khalil move was desperation. JD gets here, sees the OL is  a mess takes a shot on a former Pro Bowler. Have a hard time blaming the guy for trying to fix things on the fly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What else would you expect him to say? Don't care what Mehta thinks. it's about winning football games, not the soap opera this franchise has been for so long, that the media loves to report. 

If you dump him tomorrow, then what? Who do you hire? Williams' unit is not doing much better. 

Would reek of desperation. You do not change coaches like that. It's how we got here. Could very well be Gase will be sacked after week 17, but you gain nothing doing it now. Except you will further confirm this job is a dead end and the ownership are a-holes. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Posting it publicly is admitting it.

Please stop w/ the “i hate manish crap.”  That is the dumb thinking that got us here.  Guys like manish and benningo need to be pushed to the forefront and worshipped around here.  These guys are 100% right and can illicit real change.

We as jet fans need a new beginning.  Cmini, manish, benningo etc.  these are our leaders now.  Get behind them.

The media, be it Mehta or Benigno or almost everyone else, the overwrought nonsense, is among the myriad of reasons how we got here. And ownership overreacting to them thinking that it reflects the fan base, or that what these guys say matters. It doesn't. The Johnsons are lousy owners in part because that's what they have done. Cutting bait tomorrow on Gase; what does it accomplish for the future? What message would it send to this industry about this HC job and ownership? Those questions answer themselves. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company