Sign in to follow this  
Joe the Breadman

Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

He'll get 1 full year with the semblance of a team that hasn't been completely ravaged by injury.  The only slim chance he's fired is if they finish 1-15.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The offense hasn’t been ravaged by injuries. 

uhh...  yes they have.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This shouldn’t be a problem, given all the depth and talent Macc left us with

oh please it's getting silly...  no gm or team is equipped to handle the injuries the team has sustained this year.  none.

and Gase was CJ's pick btw...  Macc wanted Rhule.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

After watching that post game I'm starting to wonder if he could actually get fired at the end of the year.  The o-line being decimated with injuries is not an excuse as to why they're STILL blowing assignment after assignment. 

If you can't get them on the same page when it's been such a point of emphasis, your team looks listless against a terrible Dolphins team, and players are emotionless and resigned to their fate in the post game, what's the point of having him here?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Not true. Mac wanted Gase.

Incorrect. 

14 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Nope you are incorrect. Mac wanted Gase. He Owns it along with this sh*tty roster.

dude..  you are wrong. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets got “better” at ILB and RB, and the ILB died and the RB has been undone by the OL, which has gotten exponentially worse. My turn: which players who took the field for the Jets today starts for the Bears? 

Glad you're beginning to acknowledge that the injuries are the main culprit to this disastrous season.  Your boy Gase would be looking pretty good right now had he had the team Macc intended on fielding.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do you mean guys like Jachai Polite, Edoga, Trey Wesco, Christian Hackenberg, Devin Smith, Laurenzo Mauldin, Bryce Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Charine Peake, Jeremy Clark, Dylan Donahue, Deon Simon, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Juston Burris, Jordan Leggett, Darron Lee, Trumaine Johnson etc? 

You mean THAT team, right?

No not that one.

22 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

In addition, he's not much of a leader of men, which is kinda important in the position.

This will be what gets him fired.  He would have been fine had the real team been available this year but it's been gutted with injuries.

When it goes from having to put together game plans to actually having to inspire and teach he seems to fail.  I remember hearing in an interview a couple months ago where they said that during meetings he'll talk about the plan then turn things over to Joe Vitt for the rah rah stuff.

That's a problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really didn't think they could find someone worse than Bowles... but oof. 

If Bowles was still here with Bates as OC, they'd still be bad but they'd be playing hard and I don't think Darnold would be as big a disaster.

It's bad but no one was worse than Bowles.  He's turned the TB defense into one of the worst in the league.

They both suck..  that said I don't think a Bowles team would have lost this game even with all the injuries.  I think I've changed my mind and hope they fire Gase tomorrow..  This is bullsh-t.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You know who’s having a bounce back season and you could probably convince to take this awful job? Darrell Bevell

Were you aware that Gase turns the team meetings over to Joe Vitt when it's time to fire up the troops?

Fire Gase, make Williams HC, promote Jim Bobcat Goldwaith Cooter to OC.

Make it so....

Just now, T0mShane said:

Or fire him now and then scoop up Freddie Kitchens in January

oh yeah..  Dorsey was another guy you were giving e-handjobs to.  Still one of his fanboys?

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

SOJF is now defined as anyway who is against the manishs and benningos of the world.  I dont want to hear one bad word about these guys or anyone like them.

They are 100% correct.  This is a new dawn for us real fans.  

Bizarre position but I like that you're going with it.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company