Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This shouldn’t be a problem, given all the depth and talent Macc left us with

oh please it's getting silly...  no gm or team is equipped to handle the injuries the team has sustained this year.  none.

and Gase was CJ's pick btw...  Macc wanted Rhule.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

We can’t run block, we can’t pass block, we can’t rush the passer, we can’t cover anyone down field!

Fire everyone! Monday! Everyone needs to be gone! What an embarrassment!

I have been following this inept franchise since 1967. How much can the fans take. The next home game the place should be empty!

Boycott MetLife the rest of the season. That will send a message. 

I'd like to think I'm normally level headed when it comes to this stuff, but Gase needs to go. This team doesn't respond to him. Neither did the Dolphins. The proof is in the pudding. Let Williams run the show for the rest of the season and promote Cooter to OC. Williams went on a run last year in Cleveland after Jackson was fired. 

Gase is ruining Darnold. The kid looks more confused than he ever has in his NFL career. The only time Gase's offense works is when Peyton Manning is running it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm starting to think that @T0mShane enjoys the board imploding so he wants the Jets to keep Gase to watch the world burn

All of these things are true: 

1. Gase has given the franchise a hundred reasons to fire him tomorrow.

2. If you fire Gase right now, after firing Maccagnan in May, and especially after the Adams nonsense this week, literally zero head coaching prospects will come within 5,000 miles of even interviewing for this job. You have to give Gase time to make the case against himself, which isn’t entirely the case right now. 

3. If you fire Gase and are forced to hire your third or fourth choice for HC after the year, you are stuck with that loser for a minimum of four years. If you hire Jay Gruden, or Mike McCoy, or Ken Whisenhunt, that’s the guy Douglas lives or dies with—his third choice guy. 

4. if you keep Gase and give him one offseason and you still suck next year, you (1) give the appearance that you gave him a fair chance, (2) you’ve given Douglas a chance to add some attractive pieces to the roster this spring. It’s simply a more attractive job than it will be this year if you dump Gase due in large part to glaring insufficiencies in Maccagnan’s roster 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Gase is definitely getting the full year here and almost certainly getting another year to play with a Douglas roster. 

As awful as the coaching has been this year firing Gase right now is going to send the message to every possible replacement that this team will fire a coach who racked up losses having to play his third string QB for multiple weeks and dealt with injuries to several of the best players on a terrible roster. Nobody of any quality is going to want to chance their career on a sh*tty roster and so little rope. We are going to be stuck with Gase until Douglas can build a roster other coaches could look at as a winner that year or within the following year. 

EDIT: The exception that gets Gase fired this year is if Douglas or CJ want to promote Williams to HC and give him two or three years. 

Remember when the 49ers fired Kyle Shanahan last year?

Dude what? Kyle Shannahan was the OC for a Super Bowl team, who if not for an epic meltdown would’ve blown the Patriots out of the building.

Adam Gase has never as much as had a top 20 offense...

Think it's pointless to fire him until week 17. There may come a point he asks out. 

But he does himself no favors with his "I got a secret" not talking to anybody. Again, no benefit to pretending to be screaming Rex Ryan, it's not who Gase is. But you cannot be this removed form all this. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Pac said:

He'll get 1 full year with the semblance of a team that hasn't been completely ravaged by injury.  The only slim chance he's fired is if they finish 1-15.

Every team has to deal with injuries it’s the nature of the sport. I’m so sick and tired of hearing the injuries excuse. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Dude what? Kyle Shannahan was the OC for a Super Bowl team, who if not for an epic meltdown would’ve blown the Patriots out of the building.

Technically Gase was the OC of a Super Bowl team in Denver., so...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I don’t think Gase is as good as Shanahan. I’m saying you can’t dump a head coach too soon. I’m not saying you give him four years, but you also can’t give him seven games.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Gase is as good as Shanahan. I’m saying you can’t dump a head coach too soon. I’m not saying you give him four years, but you also can’t give him seven games.

The 49ers didn’t hire Gase the first time around because Baalke got word he was an epic dick. He instead went to Miami.

The fact of the matter is Gase is no Shannahan and the 49ers for all their ills is ran way better than we are. This team stinks from top to bottom.

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Think it's pointless to fire him until week 17. There may come a point he asks out. 

But he does himself no favors with his "I got a secret" not talking to anybody. Again, no benefit to pretending to be screaming Rex Ryan, it's not who Gase is. But you cannot be this removed form all this. 

He seems really contrite and reasonable in the post game. It’s the right tone, as he’s giving these sharks in the room nothing to chew on

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you fire him today, who's stepping up to take this job? You keep bumping up against the terrible reputation of this ownership. The OL is terrible, and they've had multiple games with the #3 QB. How does anybody win with that? 

Grant you a real GM last April  probably takes a long look and Minshew or Rudolph later in the draft, or some OL guys way earlier. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DLJ said:

The 49ers didn’t hire Gase the first time around because Baalke got word he was an epic dick. He instead went to Miami.

The fact of the matter is Gase is no Shannahan and the 49ers for all their ills is ran way better than we are. This team stinks from top to bottom.

This team stinks! It’s true! But it would stink regardless. I predicted a 2-8 start. They suck now and they sucked in May. They’re getting nothing from their last five draft classes right now! Zero! That’s amazing!