Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

1 minute ago, jbone said:

You are smart enough to know the context of my post did not imply this.

I think it’s where we disagree, however. I don’t think you’re convincing a candidate to risk his career with this franchise if you cut Gase’s throat after seven games, or even sixteen. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This talking point drives me nuts, and it should drive anyone nuts who has ever gone through a Jets coaching search where they get hung up on by more guys than they interview

By firing Macc when they did they got a jump on all the great candidates.  First in.  I believe firing Gase as early as possible will actually give the Jets an advantage.  They would have ample time to line up the people they want.  

Getting a great coach here is possible.  It can be done.

Fear of that is no reason to keep Gase.  Two separate issues.  This guy is an utter disaster of a magnitude not seen in quite some time.  Just look at his record man.  He loses...a lot.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think it’s where we disagree, however. I don’t think you’re convincing a candidate to risk his career with this franchise if you cut Gase’s throat after seven games, or even sixteen. 

Yes, agree to disagree, such is life.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This talking point drives me nuts, and it should drive anyone nuts who has ever gone through a Jets coaching search where they get hung up on by more guys than they interview

Reality is that there are only 32 positions available. There will be many applicants, many of with great resumes. In that minefield, there will be plenty of good safe spots to land on. We just happen to always step on the biggest turd bombs there are. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Reality is that there are only 32 positions available. There will be many applicants, many of with great resumes. In that minefield, there will be plenty of good safe spots to land on. We just happen to always step on the biggest turd bombs there are. 

This has never been true of the Jets job in my lifetime. Antarctica is one of seven continents. Nobody is choosing to move there 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Gase is not getting fired. Stop dreaming.

I’m sorry to any of you who thought that this team had a chance of being competitive  this year . that dream is definitely become a nightmare.

Now it’s all about embracing the suck and not seeing Sam get killed. 

The team has quit on Gase.

They just got completely man handled by a team that no one thought would win a game this year. Manhandled!

He cannot continue to coach the team.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

4. if you keep Gase and give him one offseason and you still suck next year, you (1) give the appearance that you gave him a fair chance, (2) you’ve given Douglas a chance to add some attractive pieces to the roster this spring. It’s simply a more attractive job than it will be this year if you dump Gase due in large part to glaring insufficiencies in Maccagnan’s roster 

Exactly, give Gase and Douglas a year and if the Jets still suck this badly then CJ has every right to fire Gase and after two years fire Douglas and then ..... Nobody whose remotely qualified will come within 3,000 miles of this abortion of a team.

After watching that post game I'm starting to wonder if he could actually get fired at the end of the year.  The o-line being decimated with injuries is not an excuse as to why they're STILL blowing assignment after assignment. 

If you can't get them on the same page when it's been such a point of emphasis, your team looks listless against a terrible Dolphins team, and players are emotionless and resigned to their fate in the post game, what's the point of having him here?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

If you fire him today, who's stepping up to take this job? You keep bumping up against the terrible reputation of this ownership. The OL is terrible, and they've had multiple games with the #3 QB. How does anybody win with that? 

Grant you a real GM last April  probably takes a long look and Minshew or Rudolph later in the draft, or some OL guys way earlier. 

Willie Taggart?

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The team has quit on Gase. They just got completely man handled by a team that no one thought would win a game this year. Manhandled!

He cannot continue to coach the team.

Yes, This team looks ill prepared, disorganized ...basically poorly coached.

Bellyache all you want, But I don’t believe that ownership is about to make a change.

After the fumble Gase said it wasn’t the time or the place to ask what happened. GTFOH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Your right, his presser was an embarrassment. He’s calling the plays and is unsure of the snap count. That needs to be addressed the moment those guys get off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Chris Johnson, who admittedly went AWOL for two years, pulled his head out of his ass and found himself in this position. After eight games this team is the worst in the league.  There are no good choices here.  Consider:

• The offensive genius who Johnson hired has been a disaster.  The OL is the worst I've ever seen with basically the SAME players from last year.  How is that possible?  The guy is abrasive and has a personality disorder and has rubbed everyone the wrong way.  The wheels are off and there's no way to put them back on.
  • So do you fire Gase mid-season?  In January?  Some say that would give the appearance of a dysfunctional franchise.  Seriously???  Does anyone think this ISN'T a dysfunctional franchise?  The bottom line is no one wants to work for the Johnsons.  No one.  It started with Bellichick and the napkin and nothing has changed.  
  • Do you keep Gase for another season for consistency and appearances?  I just can't imagine what this fanbase and reporters would be like in season two of this schitshow.  
  • What about Douglas?  He hasn't had much to work with but the one main move he's made has been terrible.  $8mm for Kalil who is actually worse than Spencer Long and Harrison.  That's $8mm that could have been carried over to next year.  Everyone is jumping up and down about getting a third round pick for Leo, but Mac got a second and a serviceable player for Sheldon.  I'm hopeful he's better than Mac and Idzik but all we have to base that on is his 'pedigree'.  Let's imagine for a moment that he isn't the guy to turn this team around.  Chris Johnson, being prodded by Gase, gave him a SIX year, $6mm per, deal!  
  • While much has been made about the appearance of firing a coach after eight games or one season, the real problem with this organization is Johnson insisting that the coach and the GM both report to him.  It doesn't matter if it works for other organizations, having Chris or Woody Johnson making football decisions is the reason we are where we are today.

The only hope here is for Douglas to be the miracle worker many say he is.  If he's not, there needs to be an intervention by the league, ala, George Young and the Giants.

• Post of the Week 1