Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

I’m not trying to bait you with the Bears. My only point with the Bears was that even the best teams can be reduced to rubble if the OL goes to hell, and naturally they’re more competitive because they have better players across the board.

Idk if they do or dont. It doesnt really matter since they have a better record than us and would certainly beat the Jets team that played today. This offense has better personnel than last season and they are playing much worse. Thats really my only point here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NYDreamer said:

I would rather Christopher say "We made a mistake" and own it now.  This is terrible football.  No adjustments.  Players not playing for this man.

And the QB and RG arguing during the game. What a shyt show. I may not watch anymore this season.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The guy shouldn't be allowed to enter the locker room after the game let alone get on the team plane.

They should deactivate his key card and change his password to the computer in case he manages to get in 

32 minutes ago, TNJet said:

And the QB and RG arguing during the game. What a shyt show. I may not watch anymore this season.

Honestly, I stopped watching a couple weeks ago. I tune in a little here and there, but mostly just for awareness. I've broadened my interest in football to being more league-wide, and it's just about fantasy sports for me until the Jets figure themselves out, or are disbanded/moved and I can justify rooting for a new team.

I know you guys have already lit your torches and are carrying your pitchforks to go kill Gase, but at least try to see this......

Just like every HC that's toward the end of their tenure with an NFL team, don't you think he should get an off-season to get HIS guys and then be able to OBJECTIVELY evaluate his coaching skills?

13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I know you guys have already lit your torches and are carrying your pitchforks to go kill Gase, but at least try to see this......

Just like every HC that's toward the end of their tenure with an NFL team, don't you think he should get an off-season to get HIS guys and then be able to OBJECTIVELY evaluate his coaching skills?

No.

38 minutes ago, Bugg said:

What else would you expect him to say? Don't care what Mehta thinks. it's about winning football games, not the soap opera this franchise has been for so long, that the media loves to report. 

If they keep selling it that means somebody's buying it. Gase gets fired tomorrow, they beat the Giants on Sunday, and it's all aboard the fap train.

36 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's been proven he's a horrible coach both in Miami and his short stint here.

In addition, he's not much of a leader of men, which is kinda important in the position.

He should go back to being a coordinator for a HoF QB. That's his role.

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's been proven he's a horrible coach both in Miami and his short stint here.

In addition, he's not much of a leader of men, which is kinda important in the position.

He should go back to being a coordinator for a HoF QB. That's his role.

Correct.  There is nothing short sighted about firing gase.  He was awful in miami and getting worse by the week here.  

Its an absolute disaster.

22 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

This will be what gets him fired.  He would have been fine had the real team been available this year but it's been gutted with injuries.

When it goes from having to put together game plans to actually having to inspire and teach he seems to fail.  I remember hearing in an interview a couple months ago where they said that during meetings he'll talk about the plan then turn things over to Joe Vitt for the rah rah stuff.

That's a problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

This will be what gets him fired.  He would have been fine had the real team been available this year but it's been gutted with injuries.

When it goes from having to put together game plans to actually having to inspire and teach he seems to fail.  I remember hearing in an interview a couple months ago that during meetings he'll talk about the plan then turn things over to Joe Vitt for the rah rah stuff.

That's a problem.

I really didn't think they could find someone worse than Bowles... but oof. 

If Bowles was still here with Bates as OC, they'd still be bad but they'd be playing hard and I don't think Darnold would be as big a disaster.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really didn't think they could find someone worse than Bowles... but oof. 

If Bowles was still here with Bates as OC, they'd still be bad but they'd be playing hard and I don't think Darnold would be as big a disaster.

It's bad but no one was worse than Bowles.  He's turned the TB defense into one of the worst in the league.

They both suck..  that said I don't think a Bowles team would have lost this game even with all the injuries.  I think I've changed my mind and hope they fire Gase tomorrow..  This is bullsh-t.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You know who’s having a bounce back season and you could probably convince to take this awful job? Darrell Bevell

Were you aware that Gase turns the team meetings over to Joe Vitt when it's time to fire up the troops?