Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

If you dump him tomorrow, then what? Who do you hire? Williams' unit is not doing much better. 

Would reek of desperation. You do not change coaches like that. It's how we got here. Could very well be Gase will be sacked after week 17, but you gain nothing doing it now. Except you will further confirm this job is a dead end and the ownership are a-holes. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If you dump him tomorrow, then what? Who do you hire? Williams' unit is not doing much better. 

Would reek of desperation. You do not change coaches like that. It's how we got here. Could very well be Gase will be sacked after week 17, but you gain nothing doing it now. Except you will further confirm this job is a dead end and the ownership are a-holes. 

Worse. It’d look like you fired Gase at the behest of Jamal Adams

Jets’ Adam Gase after despicable loss at Dolphins: ‘You can’t be embarrassed by this sh*t.' Try telling that to fans who want him fired now 

Updated 5:15 PM;Today 4:51 PM 
NFL Week 6: Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets

Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media 

Will Adam Gase last more than one season with the Jets? 

Jets coach Adam Gase was asked after Sunday’s 26-18 loss at the Dolphins if he felt embarrassed by what had just happened.

“I mean, it’s the NFL, man,” he told reporters. "You can’t be embarrassed by this [expletive]."

Seriously? Try telling that to Jets fans (and analysts) who want Gase fired now.

Gase got one thing right in that answer: The Jets on Sunday did indeed stink as badly as the curse word he used.

The Jets are now 1-7 in Year 1 under Gase. They’re 2-16 since they started 3-3 last year. This was a game Gase simply couldn’t afford to lose, against a team that entered at 0-7. And yet lose he did.

After Sunday’s game, Jets fans in attendance chanted “fire Gase!” at him as he left the field. And you have to wonder if he will make it past this season, if things continue to spiral. Could Gase perhaps even be fired before the end of the season? Some fans would love to see it.

Gase deflected questions about his team’s morale — and whether players would want to continue playing hard for him.

“We’re 1-7,” he said of the morale. “You feel like crap. You don’t put in all this time and effort to come out here and lose.”

Yet at the midpoint of Gase’s first season, the Jets have already hit rock bottom.

And considering how awful they looked Sunday, they could still sink deeper, starting next week at MetLife Stadium against the Giants. Plenty of angry fans will be in the stadium for that one.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

LOL. He admits to nothing. He's just jumping on the bandwagaon. 

Posting it publicly is admitting it.

Please stop w/ the “i hate manish crap.”  That is the dumb thinking that got us here.  Guys like manish and benningo need to be pushed to the forefront and worshipped around here.  These guys are 100% right and can illicit real change.

We as jet fans need a new beginning.  Cmini, manish, benningo etc.  these are our leaders now.  Get behind them.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Then we would be screwed and no one would want to work here. Not like now, when this job is a hot ticket 

I hope they’re forced to hire Jerry Glanville so I can spend the next four years dumping cats-with-dick-tails pictures all over your notifications  

Just now, T0mShane said:

I hope they’re forced to hire Jerry Glanville so I can spend the next four years dumping cats-with-dick-tails pictures all over your notifications  

Excited for Gase to build the team in his own image so we can go 2-14 next year, making the job appealing for candidates

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

who gives a ******* sh*t?  Let the mail room manager run the team.  

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please stop w/ the “i hate manish crap.”  That is the dumb thinking that got us here.  Guys like manish and benningo need to be pushed to the forefront and worshipped around here.  These guys are 100% right and can illicit real change.

We as jet fans need a new beginning.  Cmini, manish, benningo etc.  these are our leaders now.  Get behind them.

Where were Manish, Cimini and Beningo when the past 6 yrs of GMs drove this roster into the ******* ground with piss poor drafting?

Gase is your scapegoat...i understand.  

But this roster sucks, and any HC would suffer for it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

SOJF is now defined as anyway who is against the manishs and benningos of the world.  I dont want to hear one bad word about these guys or anyone like them.

They are 100% correct.  This is a new dawn for us real fans.  

Bizarre position but I like that you're going with it.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SOJF is now defined as anyway who is against the manishs and benningos of the world.  I dont want to hear one bad word about these guys or anyone like them.

OK Boomer

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The media, be it Mehta or Benigno or almost everyone else, the overwrought nonsense, is among the myriad of reasons how we got here. And ownership overreacting to them thinking that it reflects the fan base, or that what these guys say matters. It doesn't. The Johnsons are lousy owners in part because that's what they have done. Cutting bait tomorrow on Gase; what does it accomplish for the future? What message would it send to this industry about this HC job and ownership? Those questions answer themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Actually, it's not how we got here at all.  We got here by keeping Bowles at least two years after he proved he was not a good coach.  Same with Rex and Herm.  

Everyone in the league knows about the ownership.  Why do you think they hire first time coaches or guys who were just run out of town?

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

LMAO

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

The media, be it Mehta or Benigno or almost everyone else, the overwrought nonsense, is among the myriad of reasons how we got here. And ownership overreacting to them thinking that it reflects the fan base, or that what these guys say matters. It doesn't. The Johnsons are lousy owners in part because that's what they have done. Cutting bait tomorrow on Gase; what does it accomplish for the future? What message would it send to this industry about this HC and ownership? Those questions answer themselves. 

Bugg, im sure your a great guy but this is SOJF thinking now.  Anyone who is championing for gase to get fired and letting our gm hire the coach is an agent of change.  

After todays loss the rules have changed for us fans.  Get onboard or you are now a SOJF.