Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Actually, it's not how we got here at all.  We got here by keeping Bowles at least two years after he proved he was not a good coach.  Same with Rex and Herm.  

Everyone in the league knows about the ownership.  Why do you think they hire first time coaches or guys who were just run out of town?

And everyone lays the Coaches out as the scapegoat....while the GM's suck donkey balls.

Funny, no?

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Edoga has started at LT for two games. Lewis replaced Carpenter. I didnt know u were a big Carpenter fan?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Edoga was at ORT before that, replacing Shell who was PFF’s 60th ranked tackle last year iirc. They replaced Carpenter with Osemele, who was retired but in uniform 

• Upvote 1

Edoga was at ORT before that, replacing Shell who was PFF’s 60th ranked tackle last year iirc. They replaced Carpenter with Osemele, who was retired but in uniform 

Weird that a player regressed under this coaching staff. Harrison, Shell Winters and Beechum are still on the roster. Bowles/Bates did better with this group last season. Gase cant coach for sh*t

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s such a weird hill to die on

But many Jets fans are willing to die on it apparently.

I'm all for correcting mistakes...but on this Jets team with the roster as compiled and the injuries, not too sure any conclusions can be arrived at.

Not that some Jets fans haven't made up their minds.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Weird that a player regressed under this coaching staff. Harrison, Shell Winters and Beechum are still on the roster. Bowles/Bates did better with this group last season. Gase cant coach for sh*t

What regressed was trying to make Edoga a left tackle. With Beachum, the line held up really well against Dallas. Since then, it’s been an atrocity as they try to hide Edoga. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, greenwave81 said:

But many Jets fans are willing to die on it apparently.

I'm all for correcting mistakes...but on this Jets team with the roster as compiled and the injuries, not too sure any conclusions can be arrived at.

Not that some Jets fans haven't made up their minds.

It’s because Gase isn’t begging for their forgiveness after losses like Rex did 

• Upvote 1

Shame on Adam Gase, the Jets’ biggest loser

November 3, 2019 | 8:02pm

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — All the ghosts had gathered to haunt the Jets inside Hard Rock Stadium. Of course the ghost of Rich Kotite was front and center … and there was Mark Sanchez, coupled with Brandon Moore’s butt … and there was Richard Todd, for his five interceptions in the Mud Bowl … and there was Geno Smith and IK Enemkpali, together again. And this time, it wasn’t reeling, regressing Sam Darnold seeing ghosts.

It was Adam Gase, an unconscionable 26-18 loser to the team that fired him at the end of last season, seeing all the Jets ghosts of yesteryear. And hearing chants of “Fire Gase,” either from Dolphins fans basking in his misery, or from Jets fans who are more embarrassed and humiliated than their team following an epic disgrace — losing to an 0-7 team that has been indoctrinated into the thought that tanking isn’t the worst thing in the world. Nov. 3, 2019, a date that will live in infamy for Gase, and yet another date that will live in infamy for your New York Jets.

The day that Adam bombed. Shame on him and shame on them. Gase comes home to an angry mob that will be shouting “tanks for nothing” at CEO Christopher Johnson, who apparently felt enough empathy to greet his demoralized, shell-shocked imposters with handshakes as they trudged into the visiting locker room … after Brian Flores had gotten himself a Gatorade bath and a hug from Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Gase, asked if this was personally embarrassing for him, decided to say: “This is the NFL. You can’t be embarrassed by this s–t.”

Would 1-15 do the trick, perhaps? How could he not be embarrassed by:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (24-for-36 for 288 yards with 3 TDs, 0 INTs and a 118.8 rating) resembling Dan Marino while Preston Williams and tight end Mike Gesicki looked like taller versions of Mark Duper and Mark Clayton? Darnold throwing an egregious red-zone interception and watching a snap from Jonotthan Harrison sail over his right shoulder for a safety and then get an earful from Brian Winters on the sideline? Ten penalties for 105 yards? Vowing to feed Le’Veon Bell but failing to give him the ball first-and-goal at the 2 prior to Darnold’s fateful interception? Running Bell on third-and-4 from the Miami 32 and settling for a field goal? 

Trusting LB James Burgess to cover Gesicki?

Bell missing a blitz pickup on which Nik Needham plastered Darnold, and then bolting the locker room for the second straight week without talking?

Jamal Adams biting badly enough on Williams’ first-quarter TD catch (with Darryl Roberts at the other end of that mismatch) that Joe Douglas might have been tempted to change his mind and shop him right then and there? Saying he was not embarrassed when he should have been furious instead of clueless. “They’re not gonna cancel our season,” Gase said. No, unfortunately for Jets fans, they’re not. “You feel like crap,” Gase said. You coached like crap, your players played like crap. We know that Darnold contracting mononucleosis pulled the rug out from under Gase. But Gase has done nothing since to make you believe that he is the man for the job. Darnold has thrown eight picks in his last three games. His arm was hit on this recent one as he sprinted out to his left. “I was just trying to throw it away,” Darnold said. The safety? Just a miscommunication,” Darnold said. 

Adams maintained the Jets still have Gase’s back. Darnold vouched for Gase as well. “He’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever been around,” Darnold said. “He’s putting together great game plans. We’re staying motivated every single game, we go out there and give great effort, practice with great effort.” Did that look like a team rallying around its head coach’s return to the place where he coached for three years? Gase, asked about the Winters-Darnold flap, said: “I’ve got to ask those guys kinda what was said in the huddle. I was just trying to get everybody regrouped. It wasn’t the right time and place to ask.” Maybe on Monday he will have an answer. Asked about Darnold’s interception, Gase concluded: “I don’t really know the answer to that right now.” Maybe on Monday he will have an answer. “From the outside in, people look at it and think, ‘Oh these guys just are joking and they suck.’ I’ve seen lazy teams, I’ve seen lazy players. … I am shocked personally because we got guys out here who are busting their tails … nobody is going out here trying to lose or make a mistake,”

Brandon Copeland said. Imagine if they were.

In the parking lot before the game, there was this sign:

FINS ARE TANKING
JETS JUST SUCK

Now it is on Gase to try to keep his team from tanking. For Lincoln Riley perhaps?

What regressed was trying to make Edoga a left tackle. With Beachum, the line held up really well against Dallas. Since then, it’s been an atrocity as they try to hide Edoga. 

Yeah because thats when all the problems started. What about all the other games? What about designing a gameplan to give Edoga some help?

It's not about firing Gase tomorrow.  He's going to be fired at some point but that's not even the issue.  He needs to be fired and Douglas needs to be put in charge.  He needs to hire the new coach.  He, and only he, should be reporting the knuckleheads.  And with his six year $6mm per contract, he better know what he's doing.

Mike Francessa, evan roberts, manish metha, brandon tierney, mike greenberg, adam shein etc.   All using twitter to spark change.  These are true jet fans heros now.  I love everyone of these guys and cannot express my thanks enough.  

They are agents of change.  They are using their platform to let the world know. We will not go quietly into the night.

Please tune in to benningo and francessa tomorrow.  Please click on everything metha puts out there twice.

We as jets fans are indebted to these gentleman.  Thank you!!  Thank you!!!  Thank you!!!!

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Francessa, evan roberts, manish metha, brandon tierney, mike greenberg, adam shein etc.   All using twitter to spark change.  These are true jet fans heros now.  I love everyone of these guys and cannot express my thanks enough.  

They are agents of change.  They are using their platform to let the world know. We will not go quietly into the night.

Please tune in to benningo and francessa tomorrow.  Please click on everything metha puts out there twice.

We as jets fans are indebted to these gentleman.  Thank you!!  Thank you!!!  Thank you!!!!

Until they call out ownership nothing will change, and they never call out ownership.

Also, you are a psychopath.