Could Gase realistically be fired Monday?

8 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

It's simple really.  Gase is fired in the morning and Douglas shows some onions and hires Mike Westhoff for the rest of this season and two more years.

Westy is 71 years old, giving him a 3 year deal sounds like bad onions.

The only move here is to hand the keys to Douglas. Let him make the big decisions.

• Upvote 2

I just watched the replay (was at work) and.. I'm not suicidal or worked up at much as others I guess.

I saw some really bad O-line play... Linebacker corp. is gone super deep to the bench and players are playing out of position.  CJ Mosely only played healthy back in game one.  I think we have 20+ people on the injury report full of starters gone.

It was a competitive game until Sam chucked the ball at the endzone interception and Sam watching the ball bounce out of the endzone was just awful.  I think we've thrown 9 interceptions in 3 games? 

Coach deserves flak for sure but I don't see him getting fired Monday.  You got to give people a chance to build something and win.  I think we're already in preseason mode for next season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Sorry is already posted but I'm catching up

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1191152118620667904?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1191152118620667904&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FJCaporoso%2Fstatus%2F1191152118620667904%26widget%3DTweet

If it doesn't show:

Broncos won today with Brandon Allen under center against a terrible team the #Jets couldn't manage a TD against

the tweet is just pointing out again that we are suffering from poor coaching overall the other crap

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

What else would you expect him to say? Don't care what Mehta thinks. it's about winning football games, not the soap opera this franchise has been for so long, that the media loves to report. 

If that's what the franchise has been for so long, and they don't win games, maybe it's not just some love affair with the media in the general aspect, but about the fact that if they didnt report this then there would be nothing to report.

Look at the game yesterday. What is there to report???

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Id that's what the franchise has been for so long, and they don't win games, maybe it's not just some love affair with the media in the general aspect, but about the fact that if they didnt report this then there would be nothing to report.

Look at the game yesterday. What is there to report???

Amnesiac Fanbase Has No Recollection Whatsoever of Spanking It to This Coach, Quarterback, and Roster Like Three Months Ago; Team Doomed to Repeat Mistakes

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Amnesiac Fanbase Has No Recollection Whatsoever of Spanking It to This Coach, Quarterback, and Roster Like Three Months Ago; Team Doomed to Repeat Mistakes

And they forgot being appalled by the hire when the news first broke before flipping 24 hours later to loving it. We were always at war with Eurasia...

big brother GIF

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Facts. 

The crazy thing about this is that deep down every Jets fan knows better. I remember comparing the Gase hire to the Bills hiring Rex, this past off-season. Folks didnt like it one bit, but they knew that it was no different than what the Bills did when we fired Rex a few years back. 

Pre-hire, Jets fans were criticizing the very fact that Gase was a possible candidate...and rightfully so. The moment he was actually hired then suddenly fans are talking about Peyton Manning (which we all know that's a farce) and the fact that he was an offensive minded coach. 

Then of course folks used the Macc firing to further conclude that he was the right guy for the job, when it was simply the case of Chris firing a guy 17 months too late. 

Professional sports is one of the few businesses where an owner along with their round table can have absolutely no f'ing idea how to run the business and still make profits hand over fist. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Facts. 

The crazy thing about this is that deep down every Jets fan knows better. I remember comparing the Gase hire to the Bills hiring Rex, this past off-season. Folks didnt like it one bit, but they knew that it was no different than what the Bills did when we fired Rex a few years back. 

Pre-hire, Jets fans were criticizing the very fact that Gase was a possible candidate...and rightfully so. The moment he was actually hired then suddenly fans are talking about Peyton Manning (which we all know that's a farce) and the fact that he was an offensive minded coach. 

Then of course folks used the Macc firing to further conclude that he was the right guy for the job, when it was simply the case of Chris firing a guy 17 months too late. 

Professional sports is one of the few businesses where an owner along with their round table can have absolutely no f'ing idea how to run the business and still make profits hand over fist. 

We knew better cause we pretty much all didn’t want Gase. Once it happened we just tried to support it . The flags where there for Gase from the from FA leaks to the draft Day tantrum Till now. Now all we can hope Chris could just admit the mistake cut ties and Go after more promising head coach candidates like they originally did but this time sign one instead taking a retread loser like Gase cause he agrees to demands like having his defensive staff picked. Matt Rhule would be my guy . 

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Facts. 

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if someone on here supported Jets bringing in Gase near the end of last season? They would've been laughed off the Internet. But hey that's exactly what the Jets did so now we love the move. Ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

We knew better cause we pretty much all didn’t want Gase. Once it happened we just tried to support it . The flags where there for Gase from the from FA leaks to the draft Day tantrum Till now. Now all we can hope Chris could just admit the mistake cut ties and Go after more promising head coach candidates like they originally did but this time sign one instead taking a retread loser like Gase cause he agrees to demands like having his defensive staff picked. Matt Rhule would be my guy . 

Don't see cheapo Johnsons paying Bowles, Gase and a new HC in 2020. That's not quite Bobby Bonilla bad but it's pretty embarrassing. I'll stick to Gase getting another year. That said, it's getting ugly and the Johnsons will do anything to avoid a fan revolt (e.g., Idzik).

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if someone on here supported Jets bringing in Gase near the end of last season? They would've been laughed off the Internet. But hey that's exactly what the Jets did so now we love the move. Ridiculous.

Don't see cheapo Johnsons paying Bowles, Gase and a new HC in 2020. That's not quite Bobby Bonilla bad but it's pretty embarrassing. I'll stick to Gase getting another year. That said, it's getting ugly and the Johnsons will do anything to avoid a fan revolt (e.g., Idzik).

Any dude who can be made to look like a jerkoff in front of Liz Hurley is susceptible to influence. Fans get the team they deserve.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What regressed was trying to make Edoga a left tackle. With Beachum, the line held up really well against Dallas. Since then, it’s been an atrocity as they try to hide Edoga. 

The Dallas game was the only game this season where Beachum looked semi competent.  He was absolute garbage in every other game in which he appeared. Amazingly though, Edoga has been worse.

6 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

The Dallas game was the only game this season where Beachum looked semi competent.  He was absolute garbage in every other game in which he appeared. Amazingly though, Edoga has been worse.

I need one of these nerds who do game cut-ups to do one from yesterday where they just focus on Edoga. You'll end up thinking Gase deserves an extension for dealing with him 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I need one of these nerds who do game cut-ups to do one from yesterday where they just focus on Edoga. You'll end up thinking Gase deserves an extension for dealing with him 

It is impossible to do anything behind that o-line that they have.

You could put together a list of 3 star high school o-linemen, cobble them together for a month, and they would look better than this unit. They are manhandled. 

• Upvote 3

He needs to be fired. This coach is not going to help Sam Darnold at all. Get him out of here and bring in another offensive minded guy whose actually hd success in this league.

The Jets of course have to hire a Head Coach with the least impressive resume. There were plenty of quality candidates to choose from. I wanted an offensive minded coach with previous head coaching experience, but I should have also thrown in the word "successful previous head coaching experience".

This coach will ruin our QB if the owner lets him. I get the team is short on talent in key areas, but we also have a terrible coach who needs to be removed. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You could put together a list of 3 star high school o-linemen, cobble them together for a month, and they would look better than this unit. They are manhandled. 

This may be the worst Jets OL I've seen in many years.  However, there is something Gase could and SHOULD do to help Darnold out.  Keep a RB in to block on every pass play.  Every one.  Max protect as much as possible. No more empty back sets unless throwing a real quick pass.  

That will not guarantee that Darnold doesn't get pressured or sacked, but may help the young QB out by giving him just a bit more time.  Having less guys going out will limit options for the offense, but those options are almost never there anyways b/c of the incessant pass rush destroying plays.  And now Darnold throwing balls up for grabs with alarming frequency.

I don't care about wins (I only predicted 6 for this year), but Gase must protect Darnold better. Dropping him back with just those 5 awful guys out there is ridiculous, and has been for several weeks.

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes... Everyone is sorely underestimating how important the OL is. Even the people here who recognize just how terrible it is. 

Go ahead and put prime Joe Montana back there with Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, and Calvin Johnson as WRs... Get prime Vince Lombardi as your coach... Wouldn't matter. They have 0 time to run a play.

Their opponents constantly rush 4 guys and get pressure! That means they can sit 7 guys back and just have a field day in coverage. It's backbreaking to any coach. 

I don't know if Gase is any good. Odds are he's not because most coaches fail... But this OL is so, so, so, bad that we can't even see what this team can do. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

I just watched the replay (was at work) and.. I'm not suicidal or worked up at much as others I guess.

I saw some really bad O-line play... Linebacker corp. is gone super deep to the bench and players are playing out of position.  CJ Mosely only played healthy back in game one.  I think we have 20+ people on the injury report full of starters gone.

It was a competitive game until Sam chucked the ball at the endzone interception and Sam watching the ball bounce out of the endzone was just awful.  I think we've thrown 9 interceptions in 3 games? 

Coach deserves flak for sure but I don't see him getting fired Monday.  You got to give people a chance to build something and win.  I think we're already in preseason mode for next season.  

his major job was to make sure SAM did not regress and he has failed miserably at that.....that is the reason he should be gone injuries or not, this team is a hot mess and it starts and ends with Gase

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sorry is already posted but I'm catching up

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1191152118620667904?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1191152118620667904&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FJCaporoso%2Fstatus%2F1191152118620667904%26widget%3DTweet

If it doesn't show:

Broncos won today with Brandon Allen under center against a terrible team the #Jets couldn't manage a TD against

the tweet is just pointing out again that we are suffering from poor coaching overall the other crap

5B7F72F9-03CB-46AC-9E10-AB76CFC74423.jpeg.cb0ddc3743cf7445d7e70c03e6270100.jpeg

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

We fired this chump yet?

Unfortunately, no.  Hopefully the "Fire Gase" banner that flies over the stadium next week combined with the assbeat we get from the Giants will be the final nail in the coffin.  We are close but still some more work to do.  Chris Johnson is a stubborn one.