There is no way BOTH Gase and Darnold are back next year

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

*Full disclosure.* I didn't watch today's debacle. Thankfully it wasn't on down here. I watch Red Zone and followed the Game Thread.

After reading what you guys were posting, and from the highlights(?) I saw, this team is broken. How can they possibly bring back both Gase AND Darnold? Would anyone here think that would work?

I realize the overwhelming choice of the fans would be Darnold staying and Gase hitting the bricks. That would be my choice also, Darnold should be the one who comes back.

We have to remember though, Gase is the guy who staged a palace coup months ago. He got rid of Macc and handpicked Douglas to replace him. He's a cold blooded back room assassin. I don't see him going without a fight.

If Darnold was playing well, or even mediocre, the choice would be easy, might not even have to be made. He's regressed badly however, and I can see Gase throwing him under the bus to save his own job. It was rumored that Gase never liked Darnold coming out of USC, and he might be planting seeds already with Douglas that they need to get another QB going forward.

You’re crazy.

Even the Johnson’s will fire Gase, maybe in season, because the plane with its “Fire Gase” banner is set to fly shortly. He’ll be fired because the team isn’t even close to being able to compete...even against Miami.

He can be as good a back stabber as there is, but he can’t survive this disaster of a season.

For that matter Kitchens in Cleveland is gone too.  Baker Mayfield sure doesn’t look like the first pick in the Nation, and the Browns actually have TALENT on their team which makes it even worse, Darnold does not.

Darnold has definitely regressed and now makes terrible decisions trying to win the game all by himself and that can’t be excused...but you have to admit, when was the last time you saw a highly drafted coming into the league and the same Front Office that drafted him basically IGNORED helping him in virtually ANY way?  Hahaha 

Gase has to go.  He actually should resign.  Jets unbelievably did it again, they were able to find someone who coached up even a worse mess than Todd Bowles, just like bringing in Maccagnan after Idzik.

• Upvote 2

Gase has completely lost this team.   He has got to be fired immediately.  I know it's not happening but the only way to re-energize this team and get Sam, Jamal and the rest of the team to get their heads back in the game is to fire him, right now.   waiting will do way way too much damage

• Upvote 1