I've been a Jets fan for 50 years. I now believe this is the worst Jets team in history.

Alka

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The thing that really, truly sucks to me is that for so many years the Jets actually had a decent team, a couple of weapons, maybe a great D and the one thing they were lacking was a QB.  I swear that I thought (and still do think) Darnold can be a Top 10 NFL QB....but everything else has turned to crap around him.

This is like an algebra equation now but we have 3 unknowns.

1. Is the Head Coach the reason that the offense does not function?

2. Is the Offensive Line so bad that it's causing all the dysfunction?

3. Is the QB regressing or is he a victim of trying to do too much because of 1 and 2 above?

In other words, if the offensive line was good and steady, we'd be able to evaluate the QB and the Head Coach more easily in my opinion.  If we had a strong, sure-fire, known QB who can be effective we could probably eliminate that piece and more easily evaluate the Head Coach, etc.

It's that EVERYTHING looks so bad that it's hard to tell if ANYTHING is good.

Isn’t it ironic. Either we have everything but the QB or nothing but the QB 

I still can’t stop thinking that if Favre stuck around with Rex instead of high tailing to Minnesota we’d have had our SB 

Why is Chris Johnson clueless.  Because Douglas is supposed to be in charge, and instead of telling Jamal Adams that he needs to speak with Douglas, he has a conversation with Adams and circumvented Douglas.  By doing this, he has undermined the authority of Douglas,  adding to the disaster of this organization and to this years team.

While certainly not the only reason .. this is an accurate insight ... Management 101.

I am despondent this morning.

Fan since '78.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

We just lost to a team that has traded away every player that any other team wanted. And we just lost to them by double digits! 

None of those past teams played & lost to a team trying to tank. This is the nadir of this organization. 

cant even add...   wow!!

are you dyslexic and think 8 is two zeros on top of one another, therefor a "double" digit?

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Name a worse loss then today in this teams history.  We lost to a team that basically traded all their good players and have guys who should be bagging groceries playing.  I couldnt name one guy on there team outside of fitzpatrick and davante parker.

And werent even competitive.  We got crushed.

Fake spike game.

You guys see it, its all about coaching. I was surprised when the jets went after Gase but understand he still had that possibility on the next young whisper that all owners are looking for.

14 hours ago, Alka said:

Before today, it was my feeling that the Rich Kotite 1-15 Jets team was the worst in Jets history.  Not because of their record, but because it was obvious that players and the team quit on the field.  It was pathetic to watch, and it was easy to turn off the tv.

This years Jets team Is in my opinion worse than that team.  Today players quit, and when players quit, then you have fracturing and no-one respects the head coach.  Losing to the worst team in the NFL who hasn't won a game, and this game wasn't even close if you can believe that.  When the worst team in the NFL shows more than this team, than this team now sinks to a new low.

Gase should be fired by Monday, but he won't be, because Chris Johnson is clueless.  Why is Chris Johnson clueless.  Because Douglas is supposed to be in charge, and instead of telling Jamal Adams that he needs to speak with Douglas, he has a conversation with Adams and circumvented Douglas.  By doing this, he has undermined the authority of Douglas,  adding to the disaster of this organization and to this years team.

I’ve been a Jets fan since 1968 and I agree with your post. I don’t know when I have felt this bad at this point in a season and, with our pathetic history, that is saying something. 

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’ve been a Jets fan since 1968 and I agree with your post. I don’t know when I have felt this bad at this point in a season and, with our pathetic history, that is saying something. 

I've been rooting for them since 1967, and am in my 40th year of season tix. I agree 100%  with all you mentioned. I know it comes from deep in your heart, because you and I sound like the same guy as far as our love of this team goes. The only thing I will add is this......are there any guys like you and I that have rooted and followed and spent the amount of $ on this team for the last 50+ years that are even remotely shocked that we lost yesterday?

• Upvote 1

I've been following since the early 80s.  Here my contenders:

1989- we actually came in with some expectations after finishing 8-7-1 the year before.  We finished 4-12 and Joe was finally gone.

1992- coming off playoff app then we had a 5-0 preseason and "Broadway" Browning Nagle under C.  We won 4 games and saw Dennis Byrd get paralyzed and Al Toon retire due to concussion.  

1995- 3-13 in year 1 of kotite. This was the boringest team in history as we couldn't score.

1996- won 2 less games than 95 but were more entertaining.

2005- I think we started 3 or 4 different QBs after losing our starter and backup in week 2.  Brooks Bollinger started most games and Kliff Kingsbury played.

2007- we had no OL and, of course, Chad was hurt again.  Played most of season with Kellen Clemens.

2014- idzik putting the final nail in Rex's coffin and his own.

2016- agree choking away playoff spot in 15 we had everyone back and the season was over by October.

This year- huge expectations to at least be competitive again.  Massive injuries, mono, suspensions.

We still have 8 games left, it could go down as the worst.  It's headed in that direction but I wouldn't say it's the worst yet.

Rich Kotite had a SB QB, good WR’s, a solid RB, and a good OL. The D had Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones, Hugh Douglas, Aaron Glenn, Victor Green. Kotite was literally golfing more than he was coaching in preseason. He was actually cutting practices short to make tee times in an era where there were pretty much no restrictions on practice time. It’s no surprise the team went 9-7 the following year because talent wise the team wasn’t that bad.

I don’t like Gase, but this team is not nearly as good as the Kotite 1-15 Jets. There isn’t a coach on the planet that can take this roster to 9-7. Kotite was an abomination of a coach. Gase likely is as well, but his roster of players is by far the worst onfield talent I have seen in the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Rich Kotite had a SB QB, good WR’s, a solid RB, and a good OL. The D had Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones, Hugh Douglas, Aaron Glenn, Victor Green. Kotite was literally golfing more than he was coaching in preseason. He was actually cutting practices short to make tee times in an era where there were pretty much no restrictions on practice time. It’s no surprise the team went 9-7 the following year because talent wise the team wasn’t that bad.

I don’t like Gase, but this team is not nearly as good as the Kotite 1-15 Jets. There isn’t a coach on the planet that can take this roster to 9-7. Kotite was an abomination of a coach. Gase likely is as well, but his roster of players is by far the worst onfield talent I have seen in the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I mostly agree but this roster when healthy is good, unfortunately it hasn't been close to healthy and no one could win with the healthy roster we have.