C Johnson was Fuming

I'd encourage anyone who wants more pain to go and research the Johnson family.  Some say the most f'd family ever.  Literally.  That's sad, but ties to what Jet hustle just said.  This is Chris' shot to prove he's not a total loser.  I could see him canning Gase.

I actually believe Chris will fire him.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Someone posting on this forum a very good point. I don't know how accurate it is, but the idea was that we are still paying Bowles, and firing Gase would have us on the hook paying 2 coaches that aren't around anymore. Would Johnson spring for paying 3 head coaches?

I believe the Johnsons are one of the wealthiest families in the US.....what's a few million to these ousted coaches vs being the laughingstock of sports teams owners?

Something serious needs to be done. This team is bad on a whole new level even for the Jets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Posted something similar in some other thread after last weeks game when people were calling for Gase's head.

This is where CJ needs to powwow with JD...his 6 yr GM signing and come up with a plan.  CJ hired Gase before JD, and to a much longer term.

If the two of them think Gase needs to go, then do it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

Someone posting on this forum a very good point. I don't know how accurate it is, but the idea was that we are still paying Bowles, and firing Gase would have us on the hook paying 2 coaches that aren't around anymore. Would Johnson spring for paying 3 head coaches?

Bowles has a job. There may be offsets depending on the contract 

eating gases 3 years on top of another year for maccagnan will be tough 

as bad as it is for hiring prospects to fire gase so soon, it’s just a bad for ownership to have no expectations or standards 

so jetsy ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just curious, is it at all possible that an adams trade was agreed upon and shot down by the owner? I remember a tweet (don’t have twitter or I’d find it for you) saying trade was finalized and all it needed was Johnson’s approval. 

That then the fact that the owner coddled him after his tantrum makes me wonder, there’s no way you get offered more for Adams if this shipwreck continues 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Well, there's no doubt this is the most epic fail I've ever seen the Jets make. There's no worse time than right now to be a Jets fan. But truthfully Chris Johnson had been in charge of this team since 2017. On his watch for 3 years Mac was allowed to ruin this team. So he has no one other than himself to be upset with. If he fires Gase, he'll only be finding a scapegoat for his own actions.

1 minute ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I believe the Johnsons are one of the wealthiest families in the US.....what's a few million to these ousted coaches vs being the laughingstock of sports teams owners?

Something serious needs to be done. This team is bad on a whole new level even for the Jets. 

Lets say you are of the middle class. You bought a microwave for $300. $300, chump change. No big deal. Doesn't hurt your bottom line one. It turns out, the microwave stinks. Past the return window so you just tossed it in your garage and bought another one. It didn't come from a manufacturer with an impeccable reputation. But you thought it would be good for making your Hot Pockets heat evenly. So you spend another $300 on that one. Well, one day after the return window ends you realize its a massive piece of trash too. You want to throw it in your garage with the other one, then realize.. you would have two almost new microwaves, and be spending another $300.. $400 to get another microwave that based on your sh*tty track record of choosing microwaves, may also be equal trash. Doling out that $300 again isn't easy. Don't you think?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

That’s how that dickhead always looks.

He’s not going to do anything.

I'm not so sure. The media is going to also play a role now. Cimini also said the Gase watch is ON starting now. It will be tough for Gase to survive this.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I'd encourage anyone who wants more pain to go and research the Johnson family.  Some say the most f'd family ever.  Literally.  That's sad, but ties to what Jet hustle just said.  This is Chris' shot to prove he's not a total loser.  I could see him canning Gase.

I actually believe Chris will fire him.

I truly hope this comes to pass...  None of us envisioned a playoff team - well maybe some did - before the season but IMHO this team has totally regressed... how can you make a Todd B coached team look good? The answer is let AG coach the team. .

I believe and have believed that AG was a bad choice because of his W-L record and how his teams played using his schemes. Christ - sorry God - even the B-team announces today stated how the Miami team started well and slowing and inevitably became bad (which is happening after how many games in year 1) under his tutelage. If they do not fire him asap then I feel SAM may never recover.... just my 2cents. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

For those keeping score:

Matt Rhule is 8-0 at Baylor.  They are ranked #12.

If they beat OK in a couple of weeks, will likely go undefeated.  CJ needs to go back to him tail between his legs, and offer him whatever the hell he wants.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bowles has a job. There may be offsets depending on the contract 

eating gases 3 years on top of another year for maccagnan will be tough 

as bad as it is for hiring prospects to fire gase so soon, it’s just a bad for ownership to have no expectations or standards 

so jetsy ?

Yeah, I don't know the specifics. But it is something to keep in mind. 

Just now, Pcola said:

For those keeping score:

Matt Rhule is 8-0 at Baylor.  They are ranked #12.

If they beat OK in a couple of weeks, will likely go undefeated.  CJ needs to go back to him tail between his legs, and offer him whatever the hell he wants.

If I’m Rhule, I f*ck with him and decline the job in the 11th hour. Kick him while he is down. He deserves it for what happened last time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

That is according to Cimini. Said his hands were on hips and red faced after the game, without comment. That could spell the end of Gase, hopefully.

this game was on Darnold and the players. Gase had a good game plan, they just couldn't execute. Also the injuries on defense finally caught up to WIlliams, and we no answer for anything anymore. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1