C Johnson was Fuming

27 minutes ago, pointman said:

Someone posting on this forum a very good point. I don't know how accurate it is, but the idea was that we are still paying Bowles, and firing Gase would have us on the hook paying 2 coaches that aren't around anymore. Would Johnson spring for paying 3 head coaches?

YES the Jets are paying for Two HCs and a GM!!

So what the Jets are one of the most profitable franchises in all of sports year after year.

So get someone in here who can coach....

This is a DAM DISGRACE!!!

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, pointman said:

Someone posting on this forum a very good point. I don't know how accurate it is, but the idea was that we are still paying Bowles, and firing Gase would have us on the hook paying 2 coaches that aren't around anymore. Would Johnson spring for paying 3 head coaches?

Just make Williams HC. Can’t get any worse

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Pcola said:

For those keeping score:

Matt Rhule is 8-0 at Baylor.  They are ranked #12.

If they beat OK in a couple of weeks, will likely go undefeated.  CJ needs to go back to him tail between his legs, and offer him whatever the hell he wants.

Ummmmmmm if you weren't going to go HOF HC then Rhule was the way to go!!!

I was livid with the Gase hire...LIVID bit calmed down to give him a chance but this is SICK how poorly the Jets are playing!!!

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, pointman said:

That would be I haha.  I posted that.

But now I’m having second thoughts.

This 2019 NY Jets “team” is such an historic embarrassment ON EVERY LEVEL, that I think you have to fire this f*ckin con artist grifter...remember, the Johnsons may be misers at times but being EMBARRASSED in such a monumental way transcends dollars for Billionaires.

I’m sure when Woody walks down the street in London there are lots of giggles when someone points and says “that’s the guy who owns the NY Jets”.

12 minutes ago, funaz said:

this game was on Darnold and the players. Gase had a good game plan, they just couldn't execute. Also the injuries on defense finally caught up to WIlliams, and we no answer for anything anymore. 

I love your delusion. Do you still believe in Santa Claus too? lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmmm if you weren't going to go HOF HC then Rhule was the way to go!!!

I was livid with the Gase hire...LIVID bit calmed down to give him a chance but this is SICK how poorly the Jets are playing!!!

His only success is he’s ruined Darnold.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Just curious, is it at all possible that an adams trade was agreed upon and shot down by the owner? I remember a tweet (don’t have twitter or I’d find it for you) saying trade was finalized and all it needed was Johnson’s approval. 

That then the fact that the owner coddled him after his tantrum makes me wonder, there’s no way you get offered more for Adams if this shipwreck continues 

If that were true... Douglas should quit.   Whats the point in being a GM if you can’t run the team. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, funaz said:

this game was on Darnold and the players. Gase had a good game plan, they just couldn't execute. Also the injuries on defense finally caught up to WIlliams, and we no answer for anything anymore. 

Yeap I guess we just get rid of Sam Darnold and all the players then since they don't want to listen to or perform for Gase....

yep let's just wait until 2029 when they turn it all around...

Good Grief!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

BTW, the OL looked 'ok' in the first half. There was actual movement, Darnold had time.

But JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER JETS OFFENSE IN MEMORY, I knew they would go into a shell and/or screw-up the drive after they scored.

First play: obvious run play. Miami, of course, is ALL OVER IT. So, that drive stalls. Then most of the others stalled with screw-up, missed passes, passes thrown into coverage, just enough to look like crap and let the Dolphins, yes, the Dolphins, dominate just like the Jacksonville Jags--who lost, scoring 3 whole points--did last week.

I mean, Darnold's ok, if you ignore the turnovers. But he's getting outplayed by nobodies and never-weres weekly. And some of the mistakes he's making, my God, if Geno Smith made them...LOL

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, pointman said:

and that was debunked rather quickly, look keep Gase lose fans and money fire gase and the fans may buy into purchasing stuff and spending money on the team also Bowles is off the books at the end of the yr. Also the Johnsons have money to spend on coaches without it hurting them

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

and that was debunked rather quickly, look keep Gase lose fans and money fire gase and the fans may buy into purchasing stuff and spending money on the team also Bowles is off the books at the end of the yr. Also the Johnsons have money to spend on coaches without it hurting them

How was it debunked? 

35 minutes ago, pointman said:

Lets say you are of the middle class. You bought a microwave for $300. $300, chump change. No big deal. Doesn't hurt your bottom line one. It turns out, the microwave stinks. Past the return window so you just tossed it in your garage and bought another one. It didn't come from a manufacturer with an impeccable reputation. But you thought it would be good for making your Hot Pockets heat evenly. So you spend another $300 on that one. Well, one day after the return window ends you realize its a massive piece of trash too. You want to throw it in your garage with the other one, then realize.. you would have two almost new microwaves, and be spending another $300.. $400 to get another microwave that based on your sh*tty track record of choosing microwaves, may also be equal trash. Doling out that $300 again isn't easy. Don't you think?

except your comparison not valid, does your microwave make you money? more then it costs to replace, because the Jets make more money then the coaches make

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’d he just bumps Greggy boy to HC it’s the same payroll hit.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

100000%his fault. Almost everyone knew this would be the outcome of the Gase hire. What did he think was gonna happen??

This is what happens when you think (AGAIN) that you are smarter than everyone else in the room!

Think on this NO ONE... AND I MEAN NO ONE was hiring Gase as a HC of their team last year... NO ONE

But the Jets managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, pointman said:

Lets say you are of the middle class. You bought a microwave for $300. $300, chump change. No big deal. Doesn't hurt your bottom line one. It turns out, the microwave stinks. Past the return window so you just tossed it in your garage and bought another one. It didn't come from a manufacturer with an impeccable reputation. But you thought it would be good for making your Hot Pockets heat evenly. So you spend another $300 on that one. Well, one day after the return window ends you realize its a massive piece of trash too. You want to throw it in your garage with the other one, then realize.. you would have two almost new microwaves, and be spending another $300.. $400 to get another microwave that based on your sh*tty track record of choosing microwaves, may also be equal trash. Doling out that $300 again isn't easy. Don't you think?

On the contrary, by going back to the store to drop another $300-400, you end up raising your chances of finally landing a great microwave that finally takes your 3rd year burrito and warms it to absolute perfection. This way you can compliment your nice warm burrito with the new bag of instant rice that you just made, along with a fresh bag of tortillas, and be able to FINALLY have a fully cooked meal. 

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

On the contrary, by going back to the store to drop another $300-400, you end up raising your chances of finally landing a great microwave that finally takes your 3rd year burrito and warms it to absolute perfection. This way you can compliment your nice warm burrito with the new bag of instant rice that you just made, along with a fresh bag of tortillas, and be able to FINALLY have a fully cooked meal. 

I See You Agree GIF by Bad Boys For Life

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

Darnold was overrated, like ALL these highly-drafted imposters.

Yep.

It's amazing to me how a board that understands how bad Macc's draft picks are continues to refuse to admit the QB he chose isn't good either. He's the outlier, LOL

People line up to make excuses for him because he's a QB, and we gave up so much to get him. What has he done to deserve that from the same board that destroys guys like LW, Adams, QW, and the rest of his picks?

This year it's the OL and the HC, last year it was the WRs and Bates. It's never Sam, it's always someone else who you're afraid "might be ruining him".

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1