#3 Pick

Draft a lesser QB prospect just to insert him into the same sh*tty situation?

F*ck that noise

Sign Scherff if he hits FA, grab Andrew Thomas if he’s there at the top of Round 1 and then trade Adams for an additional 1st and take someone like Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey.

Then draft a couple of receivers while you’re at it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

NO! 

That's continuing the same retarded cycle this franchise loves. If you draft one now, you will need to draft another one in 2 years. You have to build up the team around the QB before you decide you need another one. Even if Sam can't be fixed you'll ruin whoever you draft next year behind this OL

• Upvote 3

How about fix the rest of the team first. What good is a rookie QB with this roster? Sam is 22 years old and he's shown us that he is capable of being the guy. If he sucks next year you can go for a QB with a more completed roster in 2021, and they may actually have a chance to succeed. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

i hear ya.

i am not so sure Sam is the answer anymore...and I was his #1 fan.

The kid is shell shocked. You need to get Gase the **** away from him. It shut it down this season. I’d fire Gase Monday, go Oline, Oline, Oline. This team can’t be fixed without the fundamentals.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is gone.

Bowles is gone.

Draft a QB until you have a QB...as of right now, I am sorry, we do not have a QB.  Make whoever you draft compete with Sam.  You can't go forward like this.  Let Douglas put his stamp on the franchise.

Pick a QB #1.

I agree actually

42 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is gone.

Bowles is gone.

Draft a QB until you have a QB...as of right now, I am sorry, we do not have a QB.  Make whoever you draft compete with Sam.  You can't go forward like this.  Let Douglas put his stamp on the franchise.

Pick a QB #1.

I totally disagree.

You want a QB to succeed?  Build a team around him 1st.  Line, wr, things like that, so you can win while he is cheap in payroll

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I totally disagree.

You want a QB to succeed?  Build a team around him 1st.  Line, wr, things like that, so you can win while he is cheap in payroll

For some reason, the same people who complain about the OL is ruining Darnold wanted to pick a QB when they had the very same OL problems.

Yeah, it's dumb to pay a #1, three #2s, whatever else it was for someone who cannot overcome the deficiencies in the overall roster and especially the OL.

• Upvote 1

My issue with Darnold so far is that I just don’t see enough evidence that he’s going to be anything special in this league. 

He’s accurate on easy throws 5-15 yards, but he misses on almost every difficult downfield throw (you’d expect more from a top 3 pick). You could live with him if he took care of the ball, but if he’s going to be a check down artist he can’t also be a turnover machine. Right now he’s unplayable and probably the worst QB in the NFL along with Trubisky. 

With all that said I understand he’s only 22 years old and was dealt a tough hand this year with Mono, a poor supporting cast, and a struggling head coach/play caller. I could live with the decision to bring him back for one more look, but I also understand the logic in moving on if you don’t feel he’s the answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

My issue with Darnold so far is that I just don’t see enough evidence that he’s going to be anything special in this league. 

He’s accurate on easy throws 5-15 yards, but he misses on almost every difficult downfield throw (you’d expect more from a top 3 pick). You could live with him if he took care of the ball, but if he’s going to be a check down artist he can’t also be a turnover machine. Right now he’s unplayable and probably the worst QB in the NFL along with Trubisky. 

With all that said I understand he’s only 22 years old and was dealt a tough hand this year with Mono, a poor supporting cast, and a struggling head coach/play caller. I could live with the decision to bring him back for one more look, but I also understand the logic in moving on if you don’t feel he’s the answer. 

You know, I was watching a bit of the chargers game before, thinking, Rivers is a good QB. The windows he was putting the ball in was really impressive. Even if if they weren't completions. 

If the GM who signed a 6 year contract lands the number 1 pick and loves Tua- you make the pick and trade Darnold. 

But I really don’t see us getting the first pick so it’s a moot point. 

We will land in the top 5, hopefully someone wants to trade up for a QB (Herbert, Fromm, etc).

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is gone.

Bowles is gone.

Pick a QB #1.

Make sure that QB can run the 100 in at least 4.3 secs - and leap tall buildings in a single bounce

Darnold has gotten sacked 15 times over the last 3 games

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is gone.

Bowles is gone.

Pick a QB #1.

I support this position.

5 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is gone.

Bowles is gone.

Pick a QB #1.

Or let the next 8 games play out, have your scouting department do months of player evaluations, come up and execute a strategy for free agency and then decide what your goals are for the draft.

Nah let's just decide now lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1