he is who we thought he is

kmnj

I am not sure why anybody expected anything different from Gase. He is doing exactly what he did in Miami and why he was fired from that job. I hope those that defended the Gase hire over and over again realize how silly that actually was. Only in Jetland is it better to hire a proven loser vs a guy with a ring and a winning record for his career. I would fire Gase tomorrow-hand it over Willams for the rest of the year and then start over at the end of the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Part of this is on Darnold. He’s starting to enter Geno Smith territory with the wtf-type interceptions. Darnold has to learn that he’s not in college anymore. If Gase has any balls he would’ve screamed in Darnold’s Face for that int, the way Parcells screamed at Bledsoe in his rookie year

Just now, Freemanm said:

Part of this is on Darnold. He’s starting to enter Geno Smith territory with the wtf-type interceptions. Darnold has to learn that he’s not in college anymore. If Gase has any balls he would’ve screamed in Darnold’s Face for that int, the way Parcells screamed at Bledsoe in his rookie year

yeah I'm not seeing the problem with Gase's schemes, gameplans, game management. I'm seeing a major problem with players being unable to execute. 

Darnold is broken, and he's getting worse each week. This is not good and I know we won't but we need to pick a QB with the top pick this year. 

• Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am not sure why anybody expected anything different from Gase. He is doing exactly what he did in Miami and why he was fired from that job. I hope those that defended the Gase hire over and over again realize how silly that actually was. Only in Jetland is it better to hire a proven loser vs a guy with a ring and a winning record for his career. I would fire Gase tomorrow-hand it over Willams for the rest of the year and then start over at the end of the year.

I don't know ANYONE that wanted Gase. So all the posters can save their type, if they think anyone wanted him as HC.

• Upvote 1

I said it the minute his name surfaced. The only thing dumber than keep Mac, was restricting the coaching search to guys willing take the HC job with Mac in place and hiring the HC from one of the only 3 teams with an outlook at bleak as our own.

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

yeah I'm not seeing the problem with Gase's schemes, gameplans, game management. I'm seeing a major problem with players being unable to execute. 

Darnold is broken, and he's getting worse each week. This is not good and I know we won't but we need to pick a QB with the top pick this year. 

Hey man. You can come over to my place if you want to catch your first Jets game this season. 

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

I don't know ANYONE that wanted Gase. So all the posters can save their type, if they think anyone wanted him as HC.

No, I don't recollect anyone being okay with this hire --- until well after the self-delusion.

• Haha 1

I was just going to post something related. When Gase was hired most of us hated it and wanted McCarthy. But reading all those lame Jet hype articles proclaiming that we could be a playoff team because Gase is a QB whisperer, we felt better about it and put on our green colored glasses. Reality has now set in and the Jet fan base was correct and the Johnsons were wrong again, Pretty pathetic when the average Jet fan has a better pulse of the team than the ownership.  Fire Gase nowm let Williams finish out the year and let Douglas decide what to do for next year. Please, Darnold's future is hanging in the balance. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

There was nothing silly about it. At the time and given what CJ was selecting from Adam Gase was the best choice. I can't remember now but there was very good reason why Mike McCarthy was passed over.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Hey man. You can come over to my place if you want to catch your first Jets game this season. 

I mean i guess you want to blame the coach instead of the QB. I get that, but Gase has called good games and has had good game plans. It's funny how the Jets offense looks amazing when the QB isn't sucking so bad which has happened for like 3/4 of an entire game so far this season. 

I'm not saying Gase is amazing, but I'm saying he's probably problem #7 out of 1000 with the team

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, funaz said:

I mean i guess you want to blame the coach instead of the QB. I get that, but Gase has called good games and has had good game plans. It's funny how the Jets offense looks amazing when the QB isn't sucking so bad which has happened for like 3/4 of an entire game so far this season. 

I'm not saying Gase is amazing, but I'm saying he's probably problem #7 out of 1000 with the team

Sam has to take blame too. But Gase is a huge problem.