Darnold is finished

funaz

There isn't any coming back for this kid. I know you don't want to say it out loud, but your know it, you see it. Darnold is a broken, busted QB and he is never going to recover. He may bounce back and have a few good games but he will never be anything beyond an Andy Dalton type QB if we are even lucky. The Pats exposed him so badly, he is now a meme and a joke and he is getting worse every week. 

Even last year when he had that 4 "amazing" games the Jets still lost 3 of them. The team has a LOT of problems right now, but our biggest one is QB and the quicker we accept the better and the sooner we can start turning this around. It might not be with gase, but hopefully the GM can make some hard decisions and move on from Darnold this off season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he didn’t play bad today. They even robbed him of a Td

He didn't play horrible today, he did play bad against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If you can't look at least average against the worst defense in the NFL then i don't know what to tell you. 

Eh, I'm not buying this - but if we don't surround him with competency both on and off the field next year, then it's over. 

Frankly, I'm of the mind that we draft QB with our 1st again next year. Just to increase our chances of one of them emerging as the guy.

• Upvote 3

Just now, funaz said:

He didn't play horrible today, he did play bad against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If you can't look at least average against the worst defense in the NFL then i don't know what to tell you. 

I don’t know how you watched that game today and came away with “Sam Darnold is the problem”. But to each their own 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Did you watch him play the whole game or just check the stats? Honest question.

Yeah I watched the game thought he looked good. Completed like 10 in a row at one point. Got sacked like crazy. Offensive line didn’t open any holes for the running game. And with the holding calls was starting 2nd and 20 a few times

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t know how you watched that game today and came away with “Sam Darnold is the problem”. But to each their own 

Holding onto the ball too long, still throwing it up for grabs in the end zone, missing deep passes to anderson (a BIG problem), not paying attention to the snap and causing a saftey.

I mean he's not the only problem, but he is a problem and NOT a FQB

5 minutes ago, funaz said:

There isn't any coming back for this kid. I know you don't want to say it out loud, but your know it, you see it. Darnold is a broken, busted QB and he is never going to recover. He may bounce back and have a few good games but he will never be anything beyond an Andy Dalton type QB if we are even lucky. The Pats exposed him so badly, he is now a meme and a joke and he is getting worse every week. 

Even last year when he had that 4 "amazing" games the Jets still lost 3 of them. The team has a LOT of problems right now, but our biggest one is QB and the quicker we accept the better and the sooner we can start turning this around. It might not be with gase, but hopefully the GM can make some hard decisions and move on from Darnold this off season. 

I completely disagree with Darnold being finished, but there IS very real danger of ruining him right now. The coaching staff just can't send him out there week after week to play with this horrible roster.

7 minutes ago, funaz said:

Apparently you haven't been reading this board the last few weeks. But thanks for the original,  hot take.

Just now, funaz said:

Holding onto the ball too long, still throwing it up for grabs in the end zone, missing deep passes to anderson (a BIG problem), not paying attention to the snap and causing a saftey.

Curious- in your opinion who is a FQB? Do you think Daniel Jones is? Josh Allen? Dak? Kyler? Who is the ideal young franchise qb

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

You mean like longer than 2 seconds? Thats all he had when they blocked. LMAO

More genius.

He would be a solid backup. I can see the Jets taking a QB early in the draft only if this QB was by Far and Away the #1 pick without question and we had that #1 pick. Then the Jets would say they can compete for the starting job after making that pick. If there is a Franchise QB without question there for the taking and we have the pick we have to go that route. 

12 minutes ago, funaz said:

So now what? Burn our top 3 pick on a new QB and toss him out there with this OL next year?

You'll make this same post in a year if that's the case. Rinse and Repeat. 

P.S. This isn't a "Pro-Darnold" post.....it's a "lets build this thing correctly this time and not be jackassess for once in my lifetime" post

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, August said:

He’s starting to lose confidence 

Starting to? LOL He's at what I call the Sanchez Point.

Every time he throws a ball down field, I'm expecting a pick, and pleasantly surprised if it's not. Ecstatic if it's a completion. 

I'm starting to think Gase feels the same way.

13 minutes ago, funaz said:

That’s such a great analysis of a QB who has played a grand total or 17 NFL games. 22years old with an Oline that can’t block a bunch of senior citizens on a good day.

Give me a break.

• Upvote 2

Just now, MaxAF said:

That’s such a great analysis of a QB who has played a grand total or 17 NFL games. 22years old with an Oline that can’t block a bunch of senior citizens on a good day.

Give me a break.

Try and ignore these fools.

On too many plays Darnold isn't even getting to 2 mississippi without being under siege.  Joe D said it in his press conference - when he gets time, sam makes the throws. 

The only guys that can overcome a line playing this horrifically will be wearing gold jackets in a few years.  Darnold is still only 22 and has time to grow.  Less than zero % chance the Jets draft a QB to challenge him in 2020.