Hire Matt Rhule

Viermoo

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Classic Jets fans ... "I don't like what we have, so let's get what we almost had - or bring back what we used to have!"

How about we just go out and hire someone that isn't a complete and total ****nut? Nobody specific. Just not a guy whose only success is tied to Peyton Manning, or a guy who underachieved with a loaded Cardinals defense, or a guy that countless organizations wouldn't give a HC job to because they knew he had all sorts of personality disorder... maybe just a competent, sane, hard-working guy... like the Bills hired with McDermott, for instance.

What’s the fun in that? Here is my short list for next HC:

i made GIF

Animated GIF

rick springfield twd GIF

evil mr burns GIF

evil walt disney animation studios GIF by Disney

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Let's check in with Matt, shall we?... You know, the guy half of JN tried to chase out of floram park? 

Baylor: 

Baylor.jpg

Oh sh*t... he's leading the bears to a big 12 title. 

Rhule took over the program in 2017 and went 1-11.   That program was decimated from the Art Briles sexual assault cover-ups.  Amazing they are where they are right now.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Rhule took over the program in 2017 and went 1-11.   That program was decimated from the Art Briles sexual assault cover-ups.  Amazing they are where they are right now.  

From his work at Baylor, to being incredibly well respected by the industry... all we had to do was seal the deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

From his work at Baylor, to being incredibly well respected by the industry... all we had to do was seal the deal. 

Seriously, who the f**k forces coordinators on a head coach like that?  It’s not like Maccagnan and the Johnsons had some sort of stellar track record at hiring coaches.  Just a silly, incompetent move by Maccagnan and CJ. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

And  before that Temple.

2-10, 6-6, 10-4 bowl  game 10-4 bowl game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

The Preacher?  GTFO.

Clown central:

Not popular here but I totally agree. If you want a name that turned around a university and made it respectable why not look at Franklin? He's taken a team from complete turmoil and made them respectable again in a conference that matters.

Rhule is fools gold because he can get away with that crap when he's coaching kids playing on scholarship.

27 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Does that make him a good NFL coach or candidate? He'd never be able to have the success he's having at Baylor now in the NFL with todays players.  Apples and Oranges comparison. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Classic Jets fans ... "I don't like what we have, so let's get what we almost had - or bring back what we used to have!"

How about we just go out and hire someone that isn't a complete and total ****nut? Nobody specific. Just not a guy whose only success is tied to Peyton Manning, or a guy who underachieved with a loaded Cardinals defense, or a guy that countless organizations wouldn't give a HC job to because they knew he had all sorts of personality disorder... maybe just a competent, sane, hard-working guy... like the Bills hired with McDermott, for instance.

McCarthy fixes favre develops Rodgers, JETS fans - no McCarthy he’s an old dinosaur that could not win with Rodgers and is out of touch with the NFL gAme.

Just like Andy Reid when he was out of Philly , no one here wanted Reid for same reasons.

Bring him in to at least get Darnold right. Unfortunately he probably laughs in the organizations face and flips the bird

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Viermoo said:

This needs to be the demand of the fan base. He should’ve been the hire to begin with. He’s perfect for the Jets. He knows how to put out dumpster fires and raise teams up out of ashes.

If we hired him instead of Gase or anyone else, do you think the Jets would’ve been able to sell us on a college headcoach? I do think it would’ve went over well.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Does that make him a good NFL coach or candidate? He'd never be able to have the success he's having at Baylor now in the NFL with todays players.  Apples and Oranges comparison. 

The same could be said about 40 or 50 coaches in college. The difference with Matt is he is ready to take the next step, something that was supported by just about every personality in the industry. You don’t see that same type of support for other overhyped College coaches who survive off recruiting laurels. 

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The same could be said about 40 or 50 coaches in college. The difference with Matt is he is ready to take the next step, something that was supported by just about every personality in the industry. You don’t see that same type of support for other overhyped College coaches who survive off recruiting laurels. 

Cool well we’ll all get to see him coach the Falcons next year 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Are you serious about 40-50 colleges? 

Rhule motivates and probably recruits most of his kids through faith. Tell me how that is going too work in todays NFL? 

Being good at college and making that transition to the NFL has been a hard slope to climb. I don't see Rhule making it when he has to coach spoiled millionaires instead of leaning on the Bible.   

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Rhule motivates and probably recruits most of his kids through faith. Tell me how that is going too work in todays NFL? 

Being good at college and making that transition to the NFL has been a hard slope to climb. I don't see Rhule making it when he has to coach spoiled millionaires instead of leaning on the Bible.   

I'd pay good money to see Rhule try to motivate Richie Incongtito.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I don’t think that’s an accurate depiction of his coaching strategy and abilities