Viermoo

Hire Matt Rhule

3 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

The Preacher?  GTFO.

Clown central:

So is that you just don’t like Christians? Is being a non-Christian part of your criteria for being a good coach? 

• Butt Fumble 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don’t think that’s an accurate depiction of his coaching strategy and abilities 

He's a Big 12 bible toting hero in the heart of Big 12 bible toting areas. I can't see that transitioning to the NFL, especially considering how many college coaches fail. 

More than anything else this team needs an adult in the room.  There aren't any.  Two (adult) names come to mind.  Tony Dungy and Mike Westhoff.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's a Big 12 bible toting hero in the heart of Big 12 bible toting areas. I can't see that transitioning to the NFL, especially considering how many college coaches fail. 

You think the GMs and owners are morons and just totally forgot to consider these points?... wait don’t answer that. 

Sorry just don’t see it that way. If you can coach you can coach. If he was surviving off Bible thumping he wouldn’t of made it to where he is and he certainly wouldn’t have had the industry support he did. That’s a classic fluff piece that goes nowhere after a couple of weeks

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

So is that you just don’t like Christians? Is being a non-Christian part of your criteria for being a good coach? 

I'm Christian just don't like preacher types. Thanks

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You think the GMs and owners are morons and just totally forgot to consider these points?... wait don’t answer that. 

Sorry just don’t see it that way. If you can coach you can coach. If he was surviving off Bible thumping he wouldn’t of made it to where he is and he certainly wouldn’t have had the industry support he did. That’s a classic fluff piece that goes nowhere after a couple of weeks

He had so much industry support that he's now back at Baylor. 

He might end up as a culture changer in CFB, I just don't see it transitioning to the NFL. He finally got promoted to the BIG 12 and he's going to be our savior?.....don't see it for reasons mentioned above. 

I guess we'll see if he finally gets his shot.

• Upvote 1

2013 - Temple (2-10)

2014 - Temple (6-6)

2015 - Temple (10-4)

2016 - Temple (10-3)

2017 - Baylor (1-11)

2018 - Baylor (7-6)

2019 - Baylor (11-1)

Just now, Morrissey said:

2013 - Temple (2-10)

2014 - Temple (6-6)

2015 - Temple (10-4)

2016 - Temple (10-3)

2017 - Baylor (1-11)

2018 - Baylor (7-6)

2019 - Baylor (11-1)

The most remarkable thing is they wouldn’t let him hire his own coordinators but Gase has some guy as his OC carrying around his challenge flag and getting tacos. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The most remarkable thing is they wouldn’t let him hire his own coordinators but Gase has some guy as his OC carrying around his challenge flag and getting tacos. 

My thoughts on the OC hiring was pretty clear at the time.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, Morrissey said:

If he hires that adult baby (google him) it proves he a terrible coach and learned nothing 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, Morrissey said:

Yeah let’s replicate this.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:40 PM, Morrissey said:

This guy is straight up awful 

35 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

2013 - Temple (2-10)

2014 - Temple (6-6)

2015 - Temple (10-4)

2016 - Temple (10-3)

2017 - Baylor (1-11)

2018 - Baylor (7-6)

2019 - Baylor (11-1)

Temple and Baylor are not the NFL.

Temple is an AAC team.  Baylor in Big 12.  Neither is an elite football conference playing the top schools.

It's a nice resume, but he is akin to drafting a DII kid because of "potential".  

He could, in fact, be awesome at the NFL.  But he probably needs to prove it at a school known for being amongst the best in college football.

I think of him as a AA player in Minor League Baseball.  He's doing great, the big club is paying attention.

He needs to do it at AAA now. 

Risk/reward of course, he does do it at a big legit school, everyone will want him, and it'll cost more (or you won't get him).

Still, nice as his resume is, I'd like to see him move on from Baylor and go somewhere truly legit to prove himself against the best of college football.

Shame Vandy is looking like they'll keep their HC.  If he went to Vandy and turned that team around, he'd have a clear open to the NFL.  

On 11/3/2019 at 8:21 PM, BettyBoop said:

More than anything else this team needs an adult in the room.  There aren't any.  Two (adult) names come to mind.  Tony Dungy and Mike Westhoff.

No and no.

• Upvote 1

The can’t miss guy that didn’t get a single offer last year?

gase is the coach for 3 years 

johnsons aren’t eating another contract 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Temple is an AAC team.  Baylor in Big 12.  Neither is an elite football conference playing the top schools.

It's a nice resume, but he is akin to drafting a DII kid because of "potential".  

He could, in fact, be awesome at the NFL.  But he probably needs to prove it at a school known for being amongst the best in college football.

I think of him as a AA player in Minor League Baseball.  He's doing great, the big club is paying attention.

Risk/reward of course, he does do it at a big legit school, everyone will want him, and it'll cost more (or you won't get him).

Still, nice as his resume is, I'd like to see him move on from Baylor and go somewhere truly legit to prove himself against the best of college football.

Shame Vandy is looking like they'll keep their HC.  If he went to Vandy and turned that team around, he'd have a clear open to the NFL.  

would of prefered to take a chance then go with someone I know is a rubbish head coach..  Gase is a proven loser

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

and since you're a Nats fan, and using your baseball analogy. Juan Soto had only 35 plate appearance in AA and skipped AAA all together before making his league debut.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, Gen X Jet said:

The Preacher?  GTFO.

Clown central:

On 11/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, RobR said:

We'd all be worshiping at the altar of Matt Rhule if he were successful here.  Think Todd Bowles and now Adam Gase are being run out of here because of their personal beliefs or expression of said beliefs?  Please.  It's all about W's and L's.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

That isn't a good rationale to decide whether he'd be a good NFL HC or not.  We could have finally been a team that was "ahead of the curve".  At least we'd be trying something different.  Pretty much everyone knew Adam Gase would be a failure here except Johnson/Macc, as per usual.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

and since you're a Nats fan, and using your baseball analogy. Juan Soto had only 35 plate appearance in AA and skipped AAA all together before making his league debut.

Not everyone is Juan Soto.

Matt Rhule's talent is not so obvious, so spectacular, so breathtakingly better than everyone else, to warrant his skipping levels of competition.

But we'll see, there will be what, 6-10 openings this off-season perhaps?  If he IS that level of legit, he should garner serious, big money interest from multiple teams.  

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

would of prefered to take a chance then go with someone I know is a rubbish head coach..  Gase is a proven loser

I'm on record re: Gase's hiring.  100% against it, and not a fan of him, his resume, his being the Phins Coach, or pretty much anything about his hiring.

I believe we could and should have done better.  But I believed at that time that better was ex-Packers Coach Mike McCarthy.  A proven commodity.  Not a version of the college-crapshoot of first time NFL head coaches.

But we'll see.  

1 hour ago, Larz said:

They at least get that right, for now.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Oh good. 3 years. Then they’ll need a new coach and new QB. That seems smart. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2019 at 6:42 PM, dbatesman said:

We tried, but the NFL Executive of rhe Year insisted on hiring his assistants, so he said no

MAC is like syphilis.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Hilarious that they wouldn’t hire Matt Rhule because they were unsure of the coordinators he wanted.

But we hired the guy who hired Loggains as the oc lol. 

• Upvote 4

If he Doesn't go Pro which I am certain he would, I can see Notre Dame come calling. Kelly is what he is and won't get you over the top. 

I want to hear his explanation for putting the woozy QB in the game and then yelling at him for making a bad decision first 

19 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

If he Doesn't go Pro which I am certain he would, I can see Notre Dame come calling. Kelly is what he is and won't get you over the top. 

Almost certain that a pro team will hire him. He was a finalist for the Indy job 2 years ago, and should have been our coach. He’s only upped his status since. We’ll be kicking ourselves for awhile...

On 12/2/2019 at 9:13 AM, Warfish said:

this drooling over Rhule is a symptom of JetFan Desperation.

hes hasnt won jack. imporved a couple bad teams.

how bout Deebo SWinney?

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Almost certain that a pro team will hire him. He was a finalist for the Indy job 2 years ago, and should have been our coach. He’s only upped his status since. We’ll be kicking ourselves for awhile...

Will you put your money where your mouth is? In 2 yrs time I say he wont have an nfl team with a .500 record.

100/yr..   $200? How bout it?

24 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Will you put your money where your mouth is? In 2 yrs time I say he wont have an nfl team with a .500 record.

100/yr..   $200? How bout it?

Making a bet on how well a coach will do before even knowing which team he’d be coaching is a suckers bet lol sorry my man. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Making a bet on how well a coach will do before even knowing which team he’d be coaching is a suckers bet lol sorry my man. 

Of course you wont bet. Even you dont believe in the nonsense that comes outta your mouth.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Of course you wont bet. Even you dont believe in the nonsense that comes outta your mouth.

I don’t believe an NFL team will hire Rhule next season? Of course I do. That has nothing to do with making a bet on his win-loss record 2 years from now before he is even hired by a team. You’re a strange dude.