Hire Matt Rhule

Viermoo

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t believe an NFL team will hire Rhule next season? Of course I do. That has nothing to do with making a bet on his win-loss record 2 years from now before he is even hired by a team. You’re a strange dude.

Why we would we regret that some other NFL team has him if he cannot even coach a team to a .500 record?

Just now, Losmeister said:

Why we would we regret that some other NFL team has him if he cannot even coach a team to a .500 record?

I didn’t say he can’t reach .500. Lets say the Giants hire him. My belief is that roster is awful and will take time to be competitive. I also don’t believe in Daniel Jones as a FQB. I think their GM blows. I wouldn’t bet Rhule could get them to .500 in 2 years in that scenario. But, put him with a team with a good GM and/or a QB I believe in, and yes I think he’ll be an excellent coach. At the very least, better than Adam Gase who has already 4 years of evidence of bottom tier coaching ability.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I didn’t say he can’t reach .500. Lets say the Giants hire him. My belief is that roster is awful and will take time to be competitive. I also don’t believe in Daniel Jones as a FQB. I think their GM blows. I wouldn’t bet Rhule could get them to .500 in 2 years in that scenario. But, put him with a team with a good GM and/or a QB I believe in, and yes I think he’ll be an excellent coach. At the very least, better than Adam Gase who has already 4 years of evidence of bottom tier coaching ability.

I've said this many times...   Pete Caroll and Bill B had similar evidence of bottom tier coaching ability and Kyle Shanahan was 10-22. Do I EXPECT that Gase record with Jets will improve? I don't. There IS SOME possibility...  I'd not try to guess what that is...  defo not saying high probability.

However, you are basically saying that you'd give Rhule AT LEAST 3 years to get to .500 with a crap roster...and Gase has a crap roster and a GM for whom every adjective for bad applies...  must be fired immediately? So that we??

What?

hire Rhule and dont care if he cant get us to .500 in 2 years?? 

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I've said this many times...   Pete Caroll and Bill B had similar evidence of bottom tier coaching ability and Kyle Shanahan was 10-22. Do I EXPECT that Gase record with Jets will improve? I don't. There IS SOME possibility...  I'd not try to guess what that is...  defo not saying high probability.

However, you are basically saying that you'd give Rhule AT LEAST 3 years to get to .500 with a crap roster...and Gase has a crap roster and a GM for whom every adjective for bad applies...  must be fired immediately? So that we??

What?

hire Rhule and dont care if he cant get us to .500 in 2 years?? 

As I already stated if Rhule had a good gm and or qb then I think he’ll do well right off the bat. I think Darnold is the real deal and MOST coaches, even average would have us at 7-5 right now. We had a cupcake schedule with minimal travel. I picked the giants example specifically because I dont like their gm or qb and think that just about any coach that isn’t BB will have a long rebuild ahead of them.

More importantly. Regardless of talent, I dont think Rhules personality would work in the NY market, especially after watching him on the sidelines of the game today. 

Media would eat him alive when he has an outburst, and Manish would get a semi chub.