Losmeister

darnold = major bust (as of Nov 4, 2019)

it's that simple.

thread title adjustment

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 50
  • Haha 1

hughes @ the athletic

"

His field awareness is nonexistent. His footwork is atrocious. The turnovers are back. The big plays are gone.

It’s the biggest red flag in this hellish season.

The thing that gets me with Darnold — and we’ll get into the specifics with a few sourced interviews for a story this week — is that he feels it’s OK to do things that defy logic. Against the Patriots and Jaguars, he routinely threw without setting his feet, which led to errant attempts and turnovers. There was a play against the Dolphins in the red zone when, while being brought down by a defender, he threw up a limp pass into triple coverage that was intercepted — another obvious no-no. "

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Well maybe Gase gets fired the Jets will have the #1 pick overall and they pull a Kyler Murray move in taking Tua and trade Darnold for a second round pick then use the remaining picks to rebuild the OL. I do blame Gase and the previous staff for ruining him.

i'd consider trading backfoot baby sam. his play has been really crap.

i wouldnt touch tua. i sense a bust in him. just my vibe.

• Thumb Down 7

i know its a bitter pill. but just use your eyes. he sucks.

• Thumb Down 12
  • Like 1

what qb are you buttboys watching? you have nothing to say but neg rep, cos you are speechless that his footwork is so bad. throws up that INT in the redzone??  thats bush league.

• Thumb Down 13

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He’s 22, playing under the worst coach in the NFL, playing in the least creative offense in the league, and playing behind the worst offensive line in the league. Am I as confident as I was in Darnold before? Probably not. But I really do still believe in him. 

he's young and he's terrible.

its there...   he'll turn it over and kill the game. 

how come no one is killing crowder for not coming back to the ball? whats the excuse for that abortion of a qb play on 2nd down in the redzone? thats a retard play. not quite geno behind the back, but close.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

But seriously, if you watch this guy and see someone who’s anything but a good athlete with no understanding of the mechanics and mental aspect of the position, you’re deluding yourself.

swhat am saying, and we gave up a ton for this.....

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Darnold hasn't given the Jets reason to stop chasing the franchise quarterback. Full stop. That's all there is. The half of this fanbase that wants to smell his nuts and the half that wants to cut them off are equally to blame for the fact that the team is still gonna be sh*t this time next year.

fwiw, sam seems like a nice young lad. he's just a bad qb. he should go sell pontiacs.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

He’s been bad the last few weeks, but he has also had stretches where he has been excellent, so we know the talent is there. He is 22 years old and playing behind a historically bad offensive line. Finally, Joe Douglas (who definitely isn’t going anywhere anytime soon) also said he thinks Darnold is going to be a franchise QB. So aside from the fact that I don’t think Darnold is a bust he isn’t going anywhere anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my prediction is a vinny t career. mostly sh*t with a couple nice years thrown in.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

So who do you want to roll with next year? Joe Burrow (Cajun Mark Sanchez) or Tua (Samoan Matt Leinart)?

i never do the pretend gm thing. i tned to go with what my eyes tell me. i do have a bad vibe about tua. i really had no clue about sam one way or the other pre-draft. i liked watson. i didnt think baker was much. i didnt know who mahomes was.

i liked lamar jackson too. dont know burrow.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Steve Young was a bust playing in Tampa bay too...

u say young, i say vinny. we'll see down the road....

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

I think it's hard to say that he's a bust at this point... but if they don't get a coach in here that can develop him, and FAST,  then he's going to be.

i will agree that i should have said Darnold= major bust...so far

again, i can see him having a couple jewel seasons in a career of meh and interceptions and crap mechanics

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The truth hurts, hence the buttfumbles. Lol

i take no joy in it. i mean... as an adolescent i hadda try to convince myself that Todd was decent....

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

now that's silly. 

please attempt to refute the quote from the athletic.

know whats silly? throwing THAT INT on 2nd and goal. thats just out and out sh*t QB PLAY.

Sam is not sacred. hes a backfoot throwing mid 30's QBR dud.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Cant wait till we have a good game and people log into their real accounts and post about how they knew Sam was our guy and told us all along.

dont conflate me with the dimwits who call Sam god. only a ripe twat would have multiple accounts..

dont accuse me of that sophomoric nonsense.

• Thumb Down 1

"The Jets sent the No. 6 overall pick, two 2018 second-round picks — No. 37 and No. 49— and a 2019 second-round pick to the Colts in exchange for the No. 3 overall pick"

Nicksplat Facepalm GIF by NickRewind

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, section314 said:

Did you hear Bart rip into Sam on the SNY post game?

no i have not. worth it?

i notice no one can make any excuses for when in doubt throw it off the back foot to the other team..

he played the worst QB i ever saw vs Pats., he played scared. he threw softballs ON PURPOSE cos he wanted to keep his uni clean. 

worse than the Ken Obrien goal line cringe.

• Thumb Down 1

ok, defenders of babysam... 

let's talk $$$$$

let's get some bets going since you are so convinced i am wrong... am open to suggestions...

eg- Sam will never throw 30 tds in a season.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

watch Lamar Jackson handle the Pats cover-zero blitzes with steely eyed composure and precision last night.

Season 2 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

42 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Steve Young & Vinnie were horrible in Tampa but both had shown flashes just like Darnold. 

Steve Young HOF, Vinny... not close to HOF. My bet is on the latter. 

And despite my being so damned acerbic, I am inwardly hopn I am wrong.

But the THING is...   well, ya know... JETS.

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

deck completely stacked against him

but he had the best QB mentor that existed since Teddy Roosevelt!

We spent 10 million to show how to suck bad at QB yet still have a 15 yr no significant injury career!!!

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes....it's a little bit into it. They were talking about the snap that led to the safety, and he and Ray both put it right on Darnold. Seemed like he questioned how hard Darnold. really prepares. Also refers to him later as "the golden boy." This may cause me to listen to his show again today for at least the opening.

couldnt find it....   link please?

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sam could very well be a bust;

so far? his return for what we gave up is abysmal.

Just now, TheMo said:

If he doesn't show improvement next year, and I mean legitimate improvement (top 10 QB type stuff by metrics)

I'll put up $200 says this does not happen.

Just now, Irktusk1957 said:

Once you get out of you teenage years, thing will become clearer. 

nuthn clearer than backfoot interceptions

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You buy a Ferrari

laughable equating Sam with a Ferrari. A Ferrari is a finished product that purs.

Sam is a baby who plays like a long term loser with his terrible mechanics and brain dead errors.

That crap INT vs Dallas almost lost the game.

And the 92 yder he managed to sail aloft for so long the safety to ran 20 yds and almost gets his hands on it,

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The unfortunate truth is he's the least impressive starter in the entire NFL right now.

the bottom 5 take turns being least impressive

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

you guys thanked the stars that Dorsey and Gettleman were fools and passed on him. You just knew that Macc, who couldn't be their coffee guy, much less be compared to them as FO material, had suddenly found the guy who would be the outlier in his litany of failed draft picks.

I don't take any joy in watching Darnold flounder, in fact I feel for him.

fact is i like sam darnold quite a bit. seems like a earnest kid.

my current acerbic routine has a lot to do with 40 yrs tryna convince myself that the TODD was up to snuff,

that Kenny O was up to snuff, that Chez had a snowballs chance....  that Vinny would replicate 98 in 2000....

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Shut up and show me."

i should call you Missoura as a nickname...

am morphing myself...  put up or stfu

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's quite possible that Darnold is truly a bust. It's also possible that Darnold is the next Gannon or Testaverde and doesn't develop until his hair turns grey.

Gannon is.... to me..... the wildest of QB career arcs.

Vinny Greenbawls had 2 great years and like 15 crappy years. The latter seems more likely to me.

thats who!!!

someone was posting about if we fire gase it'll be his third O system in 3 yrs and it reminded me

who i think Darnold career will emulate. Alex Smith.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Anyone giving up on him is a fool.

How many years before he has a 2:1 Td/INT ratio? 2 , 4 ????  8? or like Gannon....   12

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

he just looked over .....and immediately started yelling at Winters.

swhat i do every time i see a run play blown up

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company