darnold = major bust (as of Nov 4, 2019)

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

I’d rather use that pick to fill another need on the roster and hope Darnold can figure it out. Keep in mind the QB they draft has as much of a chance to be Sam Darnold or Mitch Trubisky as Pat Mahomes. 

I

Or draft the pieces you need to make Darnold success more likely next season, since they are the same any future qb prospect would need.

13 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not arguing that you can't step into a throw and make completion while taking a hit. I'm arguing the Darnold throw doesn't appear to have the necessary space for my mind to envision a throw actually being made.

Yhen so much for Darnolds supposed quick release and escapability, then....lol

On 11/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, funaz said:

His very good game wasn't really a very good game. He almost single handely lost that game for us with a red zone pick. He was also putrid in the second half and failed to put the game away. You have to stop looking at the stats because it doesn't mean much. 

His four game stretch at the end of last year looked good on paper was severly lacking in that stretch. He also sh*t the bed against the Pats, and we were 1-3 when darnold was "great". He failed to win games when given opportunities. 

Should have been 3-1 over that stretch, not 1-3, you have to admit that.  That is how he put of the HIghest Rated QB Numbers in the NFL over that stretch.  He put the whole team on his back in the Houston and GB games, gave the Jets a lead, where the Cigar Store Indian's so-called Defense gave up the winning scores on the final drives.  He made beautiful throws in those games, which you have really not seen at all this year, as he is definitely Regressing.  There was a REASON JJ Watt said to Darnold, following the close loss, that should have been a win if the D held up for just a Single time over Bowles disgusting 4 year tenure (hey his Tampa D is Ranked 31st right now if you don't know, rumor is he's in line for another HC position, F**K the NFL, all corrupt people looking out for each other (Gase seems to have as*-kissed his way into "The Club", nepotism)....Darnold is regressing because of this Nutjob, backstabbing, as* kisser aka Adam Gase, who has probably already done irreparable damage to Darnold. Ok, the Jets have the WORST Oline in the NFL, we know that, so why can't Gase call some roll-outs, some screens, mix it up, do something, instead of having Darnold take the SAME 5 step drop back into the pocket and have his receivers basically run the the SAME routes ALL game long, as free rushers crash in on Darnold virtually EVERY play.  Gase had NO CLUE how to adjust to it, how to deal with it, how to PROTECT his neophyte POTENTIAL Franchise QB. Jet fans were stunned at how Bowles couldn't make an adjustment (Mike Westhoff stated that in Bowles 1st year..."This guy is going to be a disaster...he can't even make an Adjustment"...that quote was BURIED by the Media for 4 years.  Well "Offense Guru" and "QB Whisperer" Adam Gase DOES NOT know how to make Adjustments either.  How he was ever given those accolades is as much a MYSTERY as to how Bowles even has a job at ANY level in the NFL.....Gase is right in line with Bowles.

Keeping Gase around while sending Darnold out to the Lions Den is practically CRIMINAL. As he never has even 1/2 a second after the ball is snapped.

Just truly pathetic, this Jet Franchise.  You have Owners, who if their last name was not Johnson, these black sheep Johnsons would barely make minimum wage with a different last name.  Then, defying all statistical variance they have made virtually 1,001 horrific decisions IN A ROW.....once they have officially ruined Sam Darnold I am finished with this team for good.  Could happen tomorrow.  His life is endangered on EVERY play.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m going to be petty and bump this thread.

inb4 “I’m glad to be wrong”; “it’s still too soon”

Nico was right. Darnold is one of the better QB’s in the league and it won’t be long until he’s recognized as one of the best.

Go #14!

all good. am rooting for this guy.

but i will analyze how he plays, bad or good. game thread was saying NOW he is playing like a top tier QB.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m going to be petty and bump this thread.

inb4 “I’m glad to be wrong”; “it’s still too soon”

Nico was right. Darnold is one of the better QB’s in the league and it won’t be long until he’s recognized as one of the best.

Go #14!

Beating the Raiders today has restored my faith in the Jets coaching staff. Next up: Bengals. 

• Upvote 1

I don't care if the kid throws of his back foot, front door, left foot, or no foot. As long as he plays like that, I don't care how ugly it looks.

The ball gets exactly where it needs to be, with pinpoint accuracy, consistently, and now Sam is cutting out dumb decisions. But all you genius weekend qb gurus can continue to stare at his feet...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe I’ve been wrong. Nothing looks smooth and he’s beyond unorthodox...but he’s been putting the ball in the end zone. Party on Wayne.

You have no idea what you’re looking at. Darnold is one of the purest most natural throwers I’ve ever seen. He is not a mechanical player, he is the definition of smooth. 

On 11/4/2019 at 6:48 AM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Darnold hasn't given the Jets reason to stop chasing the franchise quarterback. Full stop. That's all there is. The half of this fanbase that wants to smell his nuts and the half that wants to cut them off are equally to blame for the fact that the team is still gonna be sh*t this time next year.

Rough day?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe I’ve been wrong. Nothing looks smooth and he’s beyond unorthodox...but he’s been putting the ball in the end zone. Party on Wayne.

I hear ya but he doesn’t have even League average weapons.  Sam has to improvise to get receivers open 

• Upvote 1