darnold = major bust (as of Nov 4, 2019)

18 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

When he came out of college, he was one of the most touted QB prospects in years.

This just isnt true.  Jet fans keep saying this and its 100% false.

He didnt go number 1 in the draft.  A 5’10 qb did.  He didnt go 2 in the draft.  A rb did.

He was mitch trubisky coming out.  Time for jet fans to leave this made up story how sam darnold was this once in a lifetime prospect.

Great prospects dont go 3 behind midget qbs and running backs.

Jet fans need to stop telling this made up sam coming out of the draft story.  There is a reason he went 3.

• Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He didnt go number 1 in the draft.  A 5’10 qb did.  He didnt go 2 in the draft.  A rb did.

He was mitch trubisky coming out.  Time for jet fans to leave this made up story how sam darnold was this once in a lifetime prospect.

Jet fans need to stop telling this made up sam coming out of the draft story.  There is a reason he went 3.

It is true.  He was one of the most touted QB prospects in years.  Two years. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You missed what I was trying to say.   You can’t judge him till you rectify the offense line.   Some young QBs get ruined by putting them behind a porous offense line.   The danger of keep playing him now  behind a garbage offense line is that you develop bad habits( throwing off your back foot) and the internal clock in your head is sped up( if it’s real or not).  
Many young promising QBs were ruined by that.

Derek Carr comes to mind. yet, Id feel better if you said Sam stinks.  Its not you , its me. 

9 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I am a big Sam Darnold supporter, but as of today, he is a bust.  Does this mean he can't or won't turn things around?  No, but the fact remains he is not performing up to standards and needs to make big improvements to turn things around.  The costly turnovers need to stop.

yes. he's a disaster. 

18 games 24 interceptions. Thats worse than Sanchez. ( He had 20 INT thru 18)

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great ones go 3rd behind midget QBs when the historic azzclowns of the NFL are picking the same position at #1.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

It's kind of telling how far the narratives have shifted with Sam.

From him being a generational talent like Luck, to the point where we're now arguing are Gase and the OL what's ruining him, or was he just not that good to begin with?

take note how JokeNation refuses to contest the pre-draft crits of his bad mechanics, bad footwork and 20 INT in 20 games...

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Great ones go 3rd behind midget QBs when the historic azzclowns of the NFL are picking the same position at #1.

This would've been a great argument if those other historic azzclowns, the Jets and Macc, weren't the ones doing the picking at #3 after trading a first round pick and 3 seconds to do it, huh?

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

WTF Case closed? Uh... not even close Sparky..

I've been around a lot longer then that. It's foolish what you and other guys in this thread are doing. 

Saying Darnold will be good because Aikman, Vinnie and Steve Young struggled early is as ridiculous as when people said not to worry about Sam's ints because Peyton threw a lot of them in his rookie year also.

It's the exact same thing as saying Gino would've or Mitch Trubisky will become a great QB for the same reasons.

Ok, Booby, lol

So, did anyone think that Troy Aikman at that time , was going to take the team to a Super Bowl? Probably NOBODY!

That why I say it's case closed. Put Darnold behind some competent lineman or some decent coaching for crying out loud, then judge a QB....

Talk about foolish - dumping a 22 yr QB with the all the incompetence around him?  Another word is asinine.

• Upvote 1

Too early to call Darnold a bust. But he’s been disappointing this year. He can play really well for 95% of the game. It’s just that 5% is atrocious and kills it. It doesn’t make sense to cut our losses now. Give him one more year with a good OL and see what gives. Otherwise, move on to the next guy.

Im not ready to call him a bust but I’ve definitely moved to wait and see approach with him. Before I had no doubt he would be a top 10 QB. I have doubts.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

those here dumping on Sam. Just plain idiotic.

i'll dump on every player that plays crappy. sam plays crappy so far.

yall talked him up to be the Savior, the One Who Elevates Those Around Him...

now, it's he isn't potty trained yet, and we should expect him to shzit his pants.

1 hour ago, Bomberjet said:

Ok, Booby, lol

So, did anyone think that Troy Aikman at that time , was going to take the team to a Super Bowl? Probably NOBODY!

That why I say it's case closed. Put Darnold behind some competent lineman or some decent coaching for crying out loud, then judge a QB....

Talk about foolish - dumping a 22 yr QB with the all the incompetence around him?  Another word is asinine.

Calling me booby, foolish, asinine, and doubling down on the case closed remark. Way to go there fella. I'm imagining you're that guy everyone wants to hang with. LOL.

You covered all the standard Darnold alibis here though, so good on you. The OL. The coaching. He's 22... and you threw in the newest one, citing a great QB who struggled early in his career, then excelled, as if that means Darnold surely will also.

Just ignore the fact that most guys who struggle early struggle because they just don't have it. Especially when they regress in their second season. The Aikman's are the outliers, and that said, he was way more accomplished and experienced then Darnold, coming into the league playing 4 seasons at OU and UCLA and having won a Heisman.

• Thumb Down 1

Agreed, which is why it's just completely beyond my scope of understanding why there those here dumping on Sam. Just plain idiotic.

Actually, your thinking Aikman succeeding has any correlation to whether Darnold does is what's plain idiotic, but you keep doing you, boobie.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

6 pages, no one refuting predraft crits of shoddy footwork and high INTS

and no one willing to bet $$ that Sam will go to a 2:1 td/in ratio..

that;s some pretty empty support.

All they have are hopes and dreams.

...and Troy Aikman, apparently.

Wasnt there a poll here last week and like 70+% of folks believed in Sam? I think most Jet fans continue to believe in Sam (or that it's premature to evaluate him given the noise). 

I am not arguing anyone's opinion because we are all entitled to them - if you think he's a bust, good for you. But I do think perspective is in order. 

You don't see Bart & Ray, Jeremiah, Miller et. al expressing concern over Sam because they suddenly disagree with their prior assessment that he was a generational talent. They are calling out the step back in his performance because they think he can do a lot more. 

I think sentiment on Gase was never the best, but he received the benefit of the doubt, esp with the injuries, but it's hit the floor precisely because a lot of our fans believe the potential of there with Sam and are concerned Gase is detracting rather than building up what should be our fqb. 

34 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i'll dump on every player that plays crappy. sam plays crappy so far.

yall talked him up to be the Savior, the One Who Elevates Those Around Him...

now, it's he isn't potty trained yet, and we should expect him to shzit his pants.

The whole fuc&kin entire team is playing crappy,-- name one player that hasn't made a bone head play?

Not even Tom Brady can elevate this mess.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Calling me booby, foolish, asinine, and doubling down on the case closed remark. Way to go there fella. I'm imagining you're that guy everyone wants to hang with. LOL.

You covered all the standard Darnold alibis here though, so good on you. The OL. The coaching. He's 22... and you threw in the newest one, citing a great QB who struggled early in his career, then excelled, as if that means Darnold surely will also.

Just ignore the fact that most guys who struggle early struggle because they just don't have it. Especially when they regress in their second season. The Aikman's are the outliers, and that said, he was way more accomplished and experienced then Darnold, coming into the league playing 4 seasons at OU and UCLA and having won a Heisman.

I Guess you never watched Soupy Sales? Booby is not a snide remark in my book, but whatever....If you admit to be in the asinine company, I didn't call your name.

Anyway ,  you shouldn't write too much because it only opens up the fact of how ignorant you are ,lol.

If it was up to you Eli Manning and Terry Bradshaw would have been dumped after 17 games.  Shall I name some more?

BTW , did you even notice that list of QB's they put up on the screen during the Miami game that showed all the great QB's first 2 seasons in the NFL? That they ALSO mentioned that according to those stats, DArnold will be a in the HOF?  Oh , sorry you ignored it?

Glad you're not the GM, but you do sound like you have all the answers, so please apply!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually, your thinking Aikman succeeding has any correlation to whether Darnold does is what's plain idiotic, but you keep doing you, boobie.

So your assumption based on after 17 games with the personnel that Sam is working with is that  "he's not that good"?

Wow, let me know where'd you buy that crystal ball from. I'd like one also, Sparky.

• Upvote 1

I Guess you never watched Soupy Sales? Booby is not a snide remark in my book, but whatever....If you admit to be in the asinine company, I didn't call your name.

Anyway ,  you shouldn't write too much because it only opens up the fact of how ignorant you are ,lol.

If it was up to you Eli Manning and Terry Bradshaw would have been dumped after 17 games.  Shall I name some more?

BTW , did you even notice that list of QB's they put up on the screen during the Miami game that showed all the great QB's first 2 seasons in the NFL? That they ALSO mentioned that according to those stats, DArnold will be a in the HOF?  Oh , sorry you ignored it?

Glad you're not the GM, but you do sound like you have all the answers, so please apply!

So, wait. I think I got it. The more Sam sucks this year, the better he'll get? Oh goody goody.

• Thumb Down 1

So your assumption based on after 17 games with the personnel that Sam is working with is that  "he's not that good"?

Wow, let me know where'd you buy that crystal ball from. I'd like one also, Sparky.

Actually, I think he's been pretty, pretty bad all by himself, forget the personnel.

Getting worse by the week also.

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold?id=32194441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/19/nfl-draft-profile-no-9-usc-qb-sam-darnold/afeq4kb/

https://www.conquestchronicles.com/2018/4/23/17269468/2018-nfl-draft-scouting-reports-sam-darnold-qb-usc

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/rookie-qb-review--sam-darnold

https://fansided.com/2018/04/09/nfl-draft-profile-sam-darnold-usc/

https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/04/nfl_draft_2018_sam_darnold_scouting_report_next_br.html

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/20774111

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/27/draft-tracker-five-takeaways-from-mike-mayock-conference-call-vita-vea-josh-rosens-risk-factor-sam-darnold-and-more/

I mean, is that enough for you, or do you want to go on continually saying un-truths?

I will look forward seeing you back on the Darnold bandwagon soon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1