Losmeister

darnold = major bust (as of Nov 4, 2019)

21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

DTyDZkoUMAA_nAn?format=jpg%26name=900x90that is fundamentally schitt footwork w/ no pressure on him

Darnold is the same guy he was in college.  Look at that pocket.  He should be stepping up and delivering the ball.

he footwork sucks becasue he is terrified to step into the pocket.  Any qb whos worth spit would step right up in there and make an easy through.  But this dude is terrified of the pocket, backs up and avoids it at all costs.

Didn't JD say they need to protect SAM, that he is what we saw in the Dallas game.  This speculation about them trading Him is ludicrous.... as other posters have stated - he needs to be flushed - he needs to be coached up  (fundamentals fixed again - because last year he improved them...)  Last season the OL  which was consider mediocre (actually rated in the middle of the NFL)  got him the best QBR scores in the league the last four games of the year, yet some of you seem to just forget about that. 

He has talent but needs help (coaching and protection) because right now he has NO confidence and is dejected (irrespective what AG says).  Now I am going to speculate.... maybe he doesn't trust the schemes anymore or the HC because he getting hit on almost every drop back...  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Losmeister said:

veteran b/u and competition w/ Sam...

Andy Dalton?

not sure why i was thinking of the freekin bengals this morn

Only allowed one Ginger at Qb per team.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SOJ said:

got him the best QBR scores in the league the last four games of the year, yet some of you seem to just forget about that

LOL

I said the very same thing about Geno Smith...let's just say it was not well received.

So, I'm DEFINITELY not buying it with Sam "the Turnover Machine" Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

lets bet money on some performance metrics....   or are you all MOWF?

my prop. next 2 years Sam cannot achieve a 2:1 Td/INT ratio  $200

Dude,

Thanks for the offer, but I don't bet.  There are too many variables, injuries, change in coaching which leads to a brand new offense to learn etc.  Even if we did bet, how would I even remember in 2 years that I bet you?  If I did win how would I even begin to collect said $200, not that I would even attempt to.  I post based on what I think.  I think Sam is a very talented QB and will be everything he was promised to be.  The snag is that he is on, if not the worst team, than one of the worst teams in the NFL.  If he were on say Dallas (not that I think that highly of Dallas but we'll use them for arguments sake), we wouldn't be having this conversation because Sam would be producing at a much higher rate.  Let's use the extreme example and say he was on the Patriots.  He would be plug and play and be producing at a very high rate, not Brady-like numbers, but very good.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Last season the OL  which was consider mediocre (actually rated in the middle of the NFL)  got him the best QBR scores in the league the last four games of the year, yet some of you seem to just forget about that. 

Darnolds last 4 games of last year.  This wil go up in the rafters with gems like “Leo gets double teamed”, “Gase made the playoffs with the dolphins year 1” etc.

Become enlightened like the rest of us.  Instead of creating excuses and acting like outliers are who someone really is, become an agent of change.

Click on some manish articls, tune into benningo, donate to the cause man.  We accept you and want you with us.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1

We were 1-3 in games Darnold played great. So stats wise he was fine, but he really wasn't great

Darnolds last 4 games of last year.  This wil go up in the rafters with gems like “Leo gets double teamed”, “Gase made the playoffs with the dolphins year 1” etc.
Become enlightened like the rest of us.  Instead of creating excuses and acting like outliers are who someone really is, become an agent of change.
Click on some manish articls, tune into benningo, donate to the cause man.  We accept you and want you with us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, funaz said:

We were 1-3 in games Darnold played great. So stats wise he was fine, but he really wasn't great

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Surely there have been games in NFL history where the QB played great but the team still lost

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

but but but............ Sam Darnold is the best prospect to come out since luck.  

Hopefully now, Jet fans will see the qb we drafted for who he is.  He is Mitch Trubusky with one national tv rose bowl game against ND.

He didnt win a heisman because he wasnt very good.  he didnt go number 1 in the draft because he wasnt very good.

Sam Darnold is doing in the pros exactly what he did in college.  Only people who werent paying attention are surprised by this.

That article was an oped piece written by this guy. Not exactly Bill Belichick in terms of scouting credentials.

• Jordan Schultz

Jordan Schultz

Jordan Schultz joined Yahoo Sports in 2017 as an NBA, NFL and NCAA basketball insider and analyst. He has previously covered sports for HuffPost, Bleacher Report, SiriusXM and SI Now. Jordan is a former college basketball player at Seattle University and Occidental College, and advanced to the "second stage" of the NBA D-League cut process. A way too proud Seattleite, Jordan resides in New York City with his wife, two children and four animals.

5 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

Thanks for the offer, but I don't bet.  There are too many variables

dont even believ in ur own opinion.

If I did win how would I even begin to collect said $200,

you'd send your addy and id send a check. or vice versa

On 11/4/2019 at 5:30 AM, Losmeister said:

Against the Patriots and Jaguars, he routinely threw without setting his feet,

On 11/4/2019 at 6:04 AM, Losmeister said:

i'd consider trading backfoot baby sam. his play has been really crap.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:15 AM, Losmeister said:

what qb are you buttboys watching? you have nothing to say but neg rep, cos you are speechless that his footwork is so bad.

Joe Namath threw off his back foot all the time.  And they tried to get on him for it.

Of course, Joe had some people who could block in front of him.

8 hours ago, phill1c said:

LOL

I said the very same thing about Geno Smith...let's just say it was not well received.

Geno is the dumbest starting QB in NFL history. He literally believes the Earth is flat. I almost got banned here for being so virulently anti-Geno. He is a stain on Jets’ team history. Just a complete wanker in every respect. I see the same traits in Rosen. Cannot express how happy I am that Gettleman didn’t take Sam. Had he done so, in 100% convinced Macc would’ve taken Rosen as the “safe, NFL-ready” pick. Rosen is Geno plus 30 IQ points. There is <1% chance he is anything but a bust.

I do not get the any of these vibes from Sam. Give him more time. His future is not written, yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

dont even believ in ur own opinion.

Do you bet money every time you have an opinion you believe is true?

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

you'd send your addy and id send a check. or vice versa

Or even better, we don't bet and I have no idea what an addy is.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Geno is the dumbest starting QB in NFL history. He literally believes the Earth is flat. I almost got banned here for being so virulently anti-Geno. He is a stain on Jets’ team history. Just a complete wanker in every respect. I see the same traits in Rosen. Cannot express how happy I am that Gettleman didn’t take Sam. Had he done so, in 100% convinced Macc would’ve taken Rosen as the “safe, NFL-ready” pick. Rosen is Geno plus 30 IQ points. There is <1% chance he is anything but a bust.

I do not get the any of these vibes from Sam. Give him more time. His future is not written, yet.

The earth is not flat?  Sh*t.  Next thing you'll tell me is the Jets suck, and we all know that isn't true.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

The earth is not flat?  Sh*t.  Next thing you'll tell me is the Jets suck, and we all know that isn't true.

The great irony of course is were the Earth flat, there would be no need for time zones.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Joe Namath threw off his back foot all the time.  And they tried to get on him for it.

Of course, Joe had some people who could block in front of him.

And Joe finsihed his career with more INT than TD. SOunds the directions Sam is heading as well.

Do you bet money every time you have an opinion you believe is true?

No. Just the ones I feel strongly about.

Sam defenders, on the other hand, tuck their junk away and ....cicikets

17 hours ago, phill1c said:

LOL

to be fair. It was obvious Geno was garbage from the second he took the field. Darnold at least most people were holding out hope for a year. 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Like I said, settle down Francis. 

I owe you an apology.

I wasn't really trying to come off like an a-hole, but looking back at our conversation, I certainly did.

I'm sorry about that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, funaz said:

to be fair. It was obvious Geno was garbage from the second he took the field. Darnold at least most people were holding out hope for a year. 

And yet Darnold's stats are about the same? How is it possible that he's soo smart and yet plays like garbage, the same as Geno did?

I mean, it can't be the OL because the OL is basically the same...

And Geno Smith was never stupid enough to get mononucleosis, so...I'm not seeing the intelligence in Mr. Darnold that maybe some see. I see more Browning Nagle than Chad Pennington.

• Thumb Down 1

If you extrapolate darnolds average stats this year over 16 games (excluding NE game)

70% comp, 4000 yards, 26 TDs, 16 Ints, 90qb rating 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

And Joe finsihed his career with more INT than TD. SOunds the directions Sam is heading as well.

You know damn well the game was different then.  Joe is Hall of Fame, he transformed the game to wide open passing attack.  Only thing is, in Joe's era the QBs mostly threw to wide receivers and tight ends down the field.  Half the time a pick was about as good as a punt. 

You didn't see a lot of pick 6's back then.  In today's short passing games, you throw short for high completion rates but when you get picked off the interceptor only has to run 3 steps to get past the line of scrimmage.

Talk to anyone who was around back then and ask them if they'd like to have someone of Namath's talent running their team today.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, TeddEY said:

Until we have a coach who’s good enough to make Darnold elite it will always be the coaches fault, and if that coach should arrive Darnold will then be elite, so obviously not a bust.

But seriously, if you watch this guy and see someone who’s anything but a good athlete with no understanding of the mechanics and mental aspect of the position, you’re deluding yourself.

His mechanics are bad because he has no time to set his feet.. The OL is awful.    the only INT he threw in which he wasn't forcing a throw due to a free runner in his face as he was trying to backup to by a 1/2 second to try and make a play was the 1 int he threw in the Cowboys game.

I think Sam has a lot to learn but the reality is if he had a serviceable OL this conversation isn't happening.   It's hilarious that people are calling him a bust and sayin Josh Allen is improving and looking better and on the upward swing and yet from a pure statistical standpoint, he is playing better, albeit I state this loosely, than Allen.  And the Bills have the 3rd best OL in football thru Week 9 according to PFF.  So Imagine what Darnold would look like if he was not playing behind the 31st ranked OL.

Calling him a bust an overreactions for sure.   Am I concerned? Yes   But he needs the OL to be fixed before we ruin him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Y3k said:

If you extrapolate darnolds average stats this year over 16 games (excluding NE game)

70% comp, 4000 yards, 26 TDs, 16 Ints, 90qb rating 

Darnold had 57 TDs to 22 INTs in college. The turnover prone label was because of fumbles- which he’s virtually erased as a pro. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I owe you an apology.

I wasn't really trying to come off like an a-hole, but looking back at our conversation, I certainly did.

I'm sorry about that.

I accept. I'm sorry for starting my response with a snarky remark.

World peace! 

6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

talk to anyone who was around back then and ask them if they'd like to have someone of Namath's talent running their team today.

how would anyone who isnt insane mention sam in the same breath as joe? jokenation in full effect.

sam is an overrated baby.

6 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I accept. I'm sorry for starting my response with a snarky remark.

World peace! 

kum bye fuggin yah. seriously. snarky mofo that i am i also like us making peace. weve all been driven stark raving mad by this damned franchise....

7 hours ago, lounap23 said:

His mechanics are bad because he has no time to set his feet.

only sometimes.

he has bad technique in general. perfectly protected, still sh*t footwork.

image.png.12ba15d400033f14b8f55dbcafde2201.png

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

only sometimes.

he has bad technique in general. perfectly protected, still sh*t footwork.

image.png.12ba15d400033f14b8f55dbcafde2201.png

boooo!!!!!!!

also, sam has 0 yds rushing this year...    please give me your excuses.