Reasonable thoughts ...

Dunnie

1. Joe Douglas: Gets a pass

2. Adam Gase :

The team is underperforming

The QB is regressing

He has publicly admitted he doesn't have answers.

Guy is probably a goner .. and maybe sooner is better.

3. Darnold : Has lost franchise QB status and has done nothing to prevent another QB selected in the upcoming draft.

4. Offensive Line: should be entirely blown up and fired .. maybe before Gase ...

5. Sit Jamal, Bell and Crowder for the rest of the season. Q needs the experience ... Only reason he still plays.

6. We should burn these new uniforms and return to the muted army green.

7. Chris Johnson should fire himself ... Twice.

Pay Jim Harboraugh any amount of money to build the next Titanic.

Allow season ticket holders to visit Training Camp for free.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 3

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

2. Adam Gase :

The team is underperforming

The QB is regressing

He has publicly admitted he doesn't have answers.

Guy is probably a goner .. and maybe sooner is better.

3. Darnold : Has lost franchise QB status and has done nothing to prevent another QB selected in the upcoming draft.

4. Offensive Line: should be entirely blown up and fired .. maybe before Gase ...

5. Sit Jamal, Bell and Crowder for the rest of the season. Q needs the experience ... Only reason he still plays.

6. We should burn these new uniforms and return to the muted army green.

7. Chris Johnson should fire himself ... Twice.

Pay Jim Harboraugh any amount of money to build the next Titanic.

Allow season ticket holders to visit Training Camp for free. emoji51.png

Would be too confusing for him.

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

2. Adam Gase sooner

7. Chris Johnson should fire (immolate) himself ... Twice.

Allow season ticket holders to visit Training Camp for free. emoji51.png

solid.

i wouldnt know who to draft for QB at this point....   will hafta dig in and watch some film before i open my piehole.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Josh McCown was a better coach for Darnold then Gase will ever be!!!

yes, he can teach Sam how to get the lead then totally blow it in Miami by throwing a howlingly bad INT in OT.

everybuddy with this nonsense that he's a good mentor. he sucks. and sam sucks. put it together.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yes, he can teach Sam how to get the lead then totally blow it in Miami by throwing a howlingly bad INT in OT.

everybuddy with this nonsense that he's a good mentor. he sucks. and sam sucks. put it together.

Yep. Bunch of reasonable thoughts here.

• Haha 1

This team has maybe 20 serviceable parts that belong on an NFL roster. And you can push probably 12 of those parts to the very back end of the roster depth. 

That leaves around 40 roster spots that need to be filled. Which means you have to find around 10 legitimate starters just to be mediocre. 

That is yeoman's work.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This team has maybe 20 serviceable parts that belong on an NFL roster. And you can push probably 12 of those parts to the very back end of the roster depth. 
That leaves around 40 roster spots that need to be filled. Which means you have to find around 10 legitimate starters just to be mediocre. 
That is yeoman's work.
Yup .. we have entered expansion level talent world.

• Upvote 2

Too early to judge Darnold this negatively while coming off mono (he's no doubt weak) and with no OL.  It's possible the Jets will ruin him but I still think he needs more time before they determine that.  If we get the #1 overall pick, though (which I don't think we will), and Joe D really wants another QB then who am I to argue.  But I'm still more than fine with Sam using this year to learn again.  Remember he was the youngest starter in NFL history last year so it's not unreasonable to think he needs a little more time than others have.  And it took Eli until about midway through his 4th season to finally "get it".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Unfortunately that is true. McCown maybe limited but he knows what to do out there. 

Right now, Sam not so much.  

And Sam’s physical tools aren’t enough to compensate.  Imagine Brett Favre’s career trajectory with a mediocre arm...