T0mShane

Pick Gase's replacement, you lemming  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Next Jets HC

• Press Taylor, Eagles QB coach
    • Kris Richard, Cowboys DB coach
    • Dan Campbell, Saints TE coach
    • Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers hates him
    • Other realistic choice, you unserious dope, you absolute fetid turd, you clown.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yet, 

Rex Ryan had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

Todd Bowles had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

Eric Mangini had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

A team traded for the right to Herm Edwards.

Your dramatics are cute but lack any merit of truth whatsoever in what you're trying to sell here.

Ryan, Herm, and Mangini were all out of the league within two years of leaving the Jets. OUT OF THE LEEEEEAGUE

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this any different though even if we keep Gase another year?

He either improves or he immolates himself a year from now with new players he ostensibly approved of and you can rightly blame him for 70% of the stuff going on here instead of the ~25% of stuff that is his fault right now

• Upvote 1

I got some peace last night watching the ravens. Collinsworth kept going back to his talk with Harbaugh about the decision to draft Jackson and his commitment to rework the offense, defense and special teams to make a team that works with his skills. Talked about how chasing that pure pocket franchise quarterback always ended in bust and that there are other ways to win football games.

I want this. You know a coach who is going to come in focus on getting the most out of the players he has to work with ... not some jilted coordinator who’s only agenda is to try and prove to his ex that his system works

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He can get $100M or more from a lot of NFL teams if he wants it.  He'd laugh into the phone at us.  

Yup. First of all why leave Oklahoma? Even if he developed the itch for the NFL he can get a Gruden contract from anywhere he's interested in. Why risk your career and leap into this dumpster fire? Which is why as badly as Gase needs to go it might not be the best time to fire him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yet, 

Rex Ryan had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

Todd Bowles had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

Eric Mangini had a job within 24 hours of being fired.

A team traded for the right to Herm Edwards.

Your dramatics are cute but lack any merit of truth whatsoever in what you're trying to sell here.

All of those guys were given 3+ seasons here.  Rex got 6. 

Firing Gase after 0.5 seasons won't provide the same kind of optics that Herm, Mangini and Rex got from their firings/trade.  

I'm not fully opposed to letting Gase go, whenever he gets let go.  But we need some good PR spin, and for Douglas (our rookie GM) to have a plan in place for the next HC.  Chris Johnson cannot be involved in this at all.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ryan, Herm, and Mangini were all out of the league within two years of leaving the Jets. OUT OF THE LEEEEEAGUE

All 3 were head coaches after the Jets, effectively putting to rest your moronic take that you wont receive an offer to coach again after accepting the job as Head Coach of the NY Jets.  

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

The only positive I can find if we keep Disgase is that we will pick in the top 3 of every round for the next 3 years.  That could work.

Realistically, I think we are looking a minimum of top 10 for the next 2 - 3 years anywho. I think we made a mistake not selling the prized cattle when we had the chance. Need to mimic the NY Rangers sell off, but I don’t think JD (John Davidson) will take this job too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

3. Kris Richard, 40, Cowboys DB coach/passing game coordinator: This would be an interesting hire, as he's a former standout safety who worked in Seattle with Pete Carroll and, after getting passed over for a few HC gigs, ended up in Dallas where he's padding his resume by learning about offense from Jason Garrett. He could probably be had because he's blocked from getting a coordinator job in Dallas, and he's clearly thirsty for a job.

Is learning offense from Jason Garrett considered a positive quality? Garrett is an awful coach who underperforms every year. He's stayed in Dallas for so long because he's the only guy willing to kiss Jerry Jones's ass hard enough to keep him happy. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All of those guys were given 3+ seasons here.  Rex got 6. 

Firing Gase after 0.5 seasons won't provide the same kind of optics that Herm, Mangini and Rex got from their firings/trade.  

I'm not fully opposed to letting Gase go, whenever he gets let go.  But we need some good PR spin, and for Douglas (our rookie GM) to have a plan in place for the next HC.  Chris Johnson cannot be involved in this at all.  

That's not what we're discussing here.  I'm responding to Tom's hot take of; the Jets Head Coaching job ruins careers.  Meanwhile, every single Jets Head Coach has had a job immediately following being fired since Kotite.  It a false narrative that gives fake cover for him to continue to pine for Gase (who is actually a living contradiction to his entire angle on this situation).  At the end of the day, there are only 32 of these jobs out there and 1 bad season/report can take your name out of the hat with the quickness.  

As to your point.  I felt this way 2 weeks ago but now?  Nah.  Nobody is watching this sh*t show thinking Gase deserves another year.  Nobody.  It's clear he's terrible as it was clear he was terrible in Miami.  When you get blown out by a team trying to tank, that's pretty much all she wrote.  He's doing more damage than good and I think that's clear to see at this point.  Besides, even if the optics were bad (they wont be) you have an easy built in excuse; Gase was not the choice of Joe Douglas.  Easy cover, no questions asked, moving along, nothing to see here.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Besides, even if the optics were bad (they wont be) you have an easy built in excuse; Gase was not the choice of Joe Douglas.  Easy cover, no questions asked, moving along, nothing to see here.

I suppose, but isn't Gase the reason Douglas came here in the first place?  lol, this is such a mess.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He either improves or he immolates himself a year from now with new players he ostensibly approved of and you can rightly blame him for 70% of the stuff going on here instead of the ~25% of stuff that is his fault right now

50% of this crap is Gase and no one else. Sam has regressed gase had one important job to make sure Sam succeeds and he has failed period end of story.  The game plans have been horrid Gase again, the oline has been horrid nothing appears to have been done to help them. Again Gase so that is way more then 25%.

We need the best coach period Rhule would be nice but lets see what happens Gase should be fired out of cannon from the stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's not what we're discussing here.  I'm responding to Tom's hot take of; the Jets Head Coaching job ruins careers.  Meanwhile, every single Jets Head Coach has had a job immediately following being fired since Kotite.  It a false narrative that gives fake cover for him to continue to pine for Gase (who is actually a living contradiction to his entire angle on this situation).  At the end of the day, there are only 32 of these jobs out there and 1 bad season/report can take your name out of the hat with the quickness.  

As to your point.  I felt this way 2 weeks ago but now?  Nah.  Nobody is watching this sh*t show thinking Gase deserves another year.  Nobody.  It's clear he's terrible as it was clear he was terrible in Miami.  When you get blown out by a team trying to tank, that's pretty much all she wrote.  He's doing more damage than good and I think that's clear to see at this point.  Besides, even if the optics were bad (they wont be) you have an easy built in excuse; Gase was not the choice of Joe Douglas.  Easy cover, no questions asked, moving along, nothing to see here.

Dude you nailed it

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

I get your shtick here....what makes me the most outraged about this situation is that as much as I'm now convinced that Gase shouldn't be the HC of this team.....it doesn't make much sense to get rid of him RIGHT NOW. I have to sit through at least another season of this garbage

I’ve been very critical of Gase lately. Especially during and right after Jet games but the reality is he will probably get at least another year here unless nothing changes as players recover and return to the team and they still look like dog dodo . Don’t know if he lost the locker room yet. If he did then it’s over for him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Herm, Mangini, and Rex were out of football within two years of getting fired from the Jets. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I suppose, but isn't Gase the reason Douglas came here in the first place?  lol, this is such a mess.

Sure and I've said for many weeks, lets see what they can do together but, that ship sailed straight out of the Port of Miami. 

• Upvote 1

I voted for Mike McCarty because I believe that the Jets need someone to professionalize the organization, develop Darnold and potentially come in TODAY.  

I do acknowledge McCarthy’s flaws.  He should not think this is a long-term job, per se.  But he has run a team that has been to the playoffs multiple times, and I think he would add credibly to the organization and ensure Darnold is being looked after.

Gase has lost all credibility.  The other guys are flyers.  I think we need to take this step by step.  The team is completely broken.  There is no Parcells to come save it.  We need to get someone in here who can improve the operation and tutor Darnold.  

FWIW, as pointed out in other posts, Gase did generally outcoach Bowles for three years.  Something else is going on here besides Gase’ incompetence.  He has allowed the bad roster and adversity to show too much of his bad qualities.  Flores looks great by comparison.  I don’t know whether I would say that the Jets that walked on the field had better overall talent than the Dolphins.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Herm, Mangini, and Rex were out of football within two years of getting fired from the Jets. 

So it was there next stop that ruined their respective careers?  Oh wait, this is garbage too!  Your hero Mangini, coached in San Fran after Cleveland.  Herm is a Head Coach as we speak.  Rex has turned down numerous DC jobs since Buffalo and will coach again (and if he's so bad in your opinion then there was nothing for the Jets to ruin).  Todd Bowles is currently coaching.  

Your take is the dumbest sh*t anyone has put out on the board this season and that my friend, is impressive considering what I've read around here. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They weren’t really

and even if they were, they got jobs right after the Jets

so your theory that failing here kills careers holds no water

at least not with those guys 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It doesn't matter.  Nothing matters. The franchise is simply too broken to fix. It's why Joe D demanded so much money, he sold out and cashed in and got his family's nest egg. Hes already a dead man walking, and he knows it. Coach? LOL. Firing Walt Michaels was the Rubicon moment of this franchise. It is collapsed. Unfixable. Even Bill Parcells could only put a band aid on this broken sh*tshow for barely a year. This franchise has been too inept and broken for too long. It took this team 18 months to Destroy their latest young QB prospect. Its over.

It doesn't matter. Accept it.

giphy-19.gif.c6fb572087a527c1b9cdc9d463767fc2.gif

The scary thing is this might be true. I mean 50 years bro's.

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

They weren’t really

and even if they were, they got jobs right after the Jets

so your theory that failing here kills careers holds no water

at least not with those guys 

No no no.  You didnt read his response?  Now it's 2 years after the Jets job!  2 years!!!!  He didnt mean directly after the Jets job...even though that's what he said.  What he really meant was the Jets were such a terrible stop, they got other jobs after it (even though he said that was impossible) but it wasnt that job that ruined their careers and kept them from coaching again, except the years they coached again. It was the Jets job! 

Dumbest sh*t ever presented on this site.  Hands down.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

No no no.  You didnt read his response?  Now it's 2 years after the Jets job!  2 years!!!!  He didnt mean directly after the Jets job...even though that's what he said.  What he really meant was the Jets were such a terrible stop, they got other jobs after it (even though he said that was impossible) but it wasnt that job that ruined their careers and kept them from coaching again, except the years they coached again. It was the Jets job! 

Dumbest sh*t ever presented on this site.  Hands down.

Bowles especially makes Tom's point incorrect.  He went from DC in Arizona under Bruce Arians to......DC in Tampa Bay under Bruce Arians.  

At least with Mangini you can say he took a step down at the time by ending up in Cleveland, where HC's go to die.  Then he got blackballed by the league for messing with their big meal ticket, the cheating Patriots.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Except Bellichick is running a well-oiled machine, not rebuilding a train wreck crossed with a nuclear meltdown. Simply don't know if any older guy can deal with that. Joe Gibbs version 2.0 or any of Parcells' later iterations were not so good. 

To be fair, Shanahan 2.0, sorry 3.0, was terrible also.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, peebag said:

I would agree with a no on KF.

15 years ago, I think he would have been a home run in the NFL.

Now, he's in the twilight of his career and I don't think has forward thinking needed to thrive in the current NFL.  

Outside of that, he's going to be done coaching within 3 years or so anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bowles especially makes Tom's point incorrect.  He went from DC in Arizona under Bruce Arians to......DC in Tampa Bay under Bruce Arians.  

At least with Mangini you can say he took a step down at the time by ending up in Cleveland, where HC's go to die.  Then he got blackballed by the league for messing with their big meal ticket, the cheating Patriots.

And Mangini coached 3 years in San Fran...

The only one who hasnt worked again is Rex but he's always sucked per TOm, so how did the Jets ruin someone who was already predipsoed with sucktitude?