I am proud of this board

Last night was one of the roughest nights in jet fandom history.  It was taxing on the soul and being on this board and having intelligent/humorous conversations about the team really pulled us through.

We have become a better fanbase because of yesterday.  A smarter, more mature fanbase.  We now see things for what they really are.

No more yapping about how Sam Darnold is the greatest prospect since luck.  No more making fun of other fanbases and qbs who are clearly better then what we have. No more laughable playoff predictions. No more mocking francessa, manish, benningo etc. when they have been right all along.

This board is going to be great moving forward as we have real, intelligent discussions on how we can move on from adam gase and build this team the right way for once.

The night is always darkest before the dawn.  Years for now we will look back at this moment as a turning point in franchise history. 

I look forward to it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Last night was one of the roughest nights in jet fandom history.  It was taxing on the soul and being on this board and having intelligent/humorous conversations about the team really pulled us through.

We have become a better fanbase because of yesterday.  A smarter, more mature fanbase.  We now see things for what they really are.

No more yapping about how Sam Darnold is the greatest prospect since luck.  No more making fun of other fanbases and qbs who are clearly better then what we have. No more laughable playoff predictions. No more mocking francessa, manish, benningo etc. when they have been right all along.

This board is going to be great moving forward as we have real, intelligent discussions on how we can move on from adam gase and build this team the right way for once.

The night is always darkest before the dawn.  Years for now we will look back at this moment as a turning point in franchise history. 

I look forward to it. 

:) 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

I agree.  Thank you for posting.  If I didn't have an outlet to discuss what I'm seeing I'd go nuts.  I appreciate this place greatly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

To sum it up..  JETS suck and there are no homers left. It's that bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

kapadia @ athletic

Panic level: We’re so, so sorry it has to be this way

New York Jets (1-7): There are no indications they’re intentionally tanking, yet the Jets are 1-7 with a minus-115 point differential after their 26-18 loss to the Dolphins. First-year Jets head coach Adam Gase has not demonstrated that he gives the team an edge in any single area. Franchise quarterback Sam Darnold seems to be regressing. And according to The Athletic’s Connor Hughes, the relationship between Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams and the team is likely “fractured beyond repair.” This season is worse than previous ones for Jets fans because it was supposed to at least produce excitement and optimism from a young quarterback and a new head coach. Instead, it’s been a complete disaster and seems unlikely to get better anytime soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Why do you do stupid stuff like this?  You are a thread killer and a joke.  It would be better for all of us if you would just go away and ruin somewhere else.  You are a thread killer and a time waster.

You are welcome back here.  You almost did the ultimate sacrifice and quit this team cause it was too painful.  That takes guts and I know where you are coming from. 

Adam Gase is the enemy.  We get rid of him and the healing can start.  Tune in to benningo this week and get ready.  We need you. 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh quit whining.  This is a lot of condescension form a guy who sought attention with a "I'm quitting forever" thread then came right back a week or 2 later.  

So you like it when people post stuff completely unrelated to the OP.  Got it.  Like when people post one word responses like "die".  

Go away bro.  No condescension, just would prefer thread killers go away.

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are welcome back here.  You almost did the ultimate sacrifice and quit this team cause it was too painful.  That takes guts and I know where you are coming from. 

Adam Gase is the enemy.  We get rid of him and the healing can start.  Tune in to benningo this week and get ready.  We need you. 

No.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

huh