Bell MRI - Knee

Our GM had a chance to trade him and didn't so please no more on what a good GM he is.  Coulda freed up huge cap space and let Powell and Montgomery play out the string.  And my view on this has nothing to do the any possible injury.  It was clear to me before the deadline that a clean slate was the way to go.  

I also hear he wanted 2 firsts for Adams.  Clean slate wise I would have taken a 1st and a 3rd.  This GM isn't going to be THE GUY IMHO.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our GM had a chance to trade him and didn't so please no more on what a good GM he is.  Coulda freed up huge cap space and let Powell and Montgomery play out the thread.  And my view on this has nothing to do the any possible injury.  It was clear to me before the deadline that a clean slate was the way to go.  

I also hear he wanted 2 firsts for Adams.  Clean slate wise I would have taken a 1st and a 3rd.  This GM isn't going to be THE GUY IMHO.  

There was no offer for Bell, just calls. There was no 1st and 3rd for Adams, it was a 1st and backup corner.

• Upvote 1

not getting a carry when we had 1st and goal from the 2, that sealed it for bell.  he will not take another snap for adam gase again.

There is a reason he left the last 2 games w/o talking the the media.  Its because he would not of been able to keep quiet.  he would of ripped his coach.

Change is coming.  This is exciting.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

We need the Bengals to win a couple, that #1 pick is up for grabs. This team has quit. We need a haul from a team coveting a QB. A big enough haul to finally fix this Oline. Problem is NO ONE, not ONE free agent will want to play for Gase. Once you lose HOPE its over. No one believes in this guy regardless of the horrible circumstances. If you want to attract free agents its not just money but the belief that the pieces can be put together to change the culture of a team getting worse every year. For that reason alone Gase has to be jettisoned & Douglas with his 6 year contract getting 100% power to hire a Head Coach. I don't hate Gase, I just know you can't lose to your old tanking team with our old QB Ryan Fitzpatrick sticking it up your butt. The one game HE HAD TO WIN & got smoked. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our GM had a chance to trade him and didn't so please no more on what a good GM he is.  Coulda freed up huge cap space and let Powell and Montgomery play out the string.  And my view on this has nothing to do the any possible injury.  It was clear to me before the deadline that a clean slate was the way to go.  

He'd actually hurt us more in a trade right now because of his contract.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

why trade Bell? first the cap would have hit us hard eating into space, second if he wants to be here that is one issue solved for next yr.

I here he asked for Zack Martin for Adams when Dallas called. I would have taken that and ran and I like Adams.  2 firsts is a good starting pint for a Probowl player where you can control his salary for 2 more yrs

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

not getting a carry when we had 1st and goal from the 2, that sealed it for bell.  he will not take another snap for adam gase again.

There is a reason he left the last 2 games w/o talking the the media.  Its because he would not of been able to keep quiet.  he would of ripped his coach.

Change is coming.  This is exciting.

I hope as it cant come fast enough. i keep checking to see if gase is fired

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Not sure what he could have got got for bell but if he had traded bell, adams and quinnen he could have done a real reset in one year with the draft resources we picked up.

• Post of the Week 1

Every decent player on this roster should find a back injury or neck injury to keep them off the field for the rest of the season. I honestly don’t care anymore. Until the Jets have new owners, nothing but incompetence and rebuilds await. After 30 years of being a die hard fan, this season was the nail in the coffin. Let me when the Johnson’s die or sell

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We need the Bengals to win a couple, that #1 pick is up for grabs. This team has quit. We need a haul from a team coveting a QB. A big enough haul to finally fix this Oline. Problem is NO ONE, not ONE free agent will want to play for Gase. Once you lose HOPE its over. No one believes in this guy regardless of the horrible circumstances. If you want to attract free agents its not just money but the belief that the pieces can be put together to change the culture of a team getting worse every year. For that reason alone Gase has to be jettisoned & Douglas with his 6 year contract getting 100% power to hire a Head Coach. I don't hate Gase, I just know you can't lose to your old tanking team with our old QB Ryan Fitzpatrick sticking it up your butt. The one game HE HAD TO WIN & got smoked. 

i can envision this happening.  most of the oline is going to be goners after this season and the vets know there's no point in taking a beating week in and week out.  i guess the thing i don't understand is the defense playing so poorly.  williams is supposed to be a top coach and i would have expected more.  just how much of the defensive woes on gase, williams or the rash of injuries?