OK. Why Was Gase NOT Fired Today?

Because the acting owner didn't want to?

If he fires him now, he has to admit that he made an awful hire; he may be able to do that, yet.  Pride and all that.  Gase may argue convincingly that he inherited a crappy roster (true), and the team has suffered a lot of injuries.  How long he can play those cards is another question.

• Upvote 4

You don’t want to give the Jets organization the benefit of the doubt but maybe it’s because, on an organizational level, they’re not looking to placate the insane parts of the fan base that think firing a coach every few games eventually leads to hiring Nick Saban? 

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Because the acting owner didn't want to?

If he fires him now, he has to admit that he made an awful hire; he may be able to do that, yet.  Pride and all that.  Gase may argue convincingly that he inherited a crappy roster (true), and the team has suffered a lot of injuries.  How long he can play those cards is another question.

I think he can be fired for cause if he gets blown out by the Giants this week. The bed will be sufficiently made at that point. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Let's have the reasons.

Why did we not can his sorry ass today?

I need to figure out a good reason why...and you guys have ALL the answers...

Because Gase is not the fault. It’s the talent level he inherited with all the injuries.

cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 6

Because there isn't much of an alternative currently and probably won't be until the off season. I also doubt a potential hire would find it inspiring to see a guy who inherited a disaster of a roster fired in the first half of his first season. A blue chip coaching prospect may not want any part of that kind of knee jerk reaction.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

If the jets lost to the fins by 2 scores, they will lose to the giants by 3 scores.

I think it happens next week.

If you think it was a piss poor effort in miami, wait till you see how bad the giants look against us.

And Danny Dimes is going to shred us while darnold looks absolutely awful.  That will be the final nail.

One more week gentleman.  Next Monday morning the announcement will be made.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he can be fired for cause if he gets blown out by the Giants next week. The bed will be sufficiently made at that point. 

But he can't be fired for cause after being embarrassed by a team that is trying to lose? The bed is already made. Its called being 1-7 while looking horrible and clueless. 

• Upvote 1

Because that would be the rational thug to do. The Jets are the same team who fired Bowles but not Macc, let Macc buy the groceries and do another draft, let the terrible GM help pick a terrible coach, let the terrible coach murder the terrible GM, and then let the terrible coach whisper a new GM name. Nothing this organization has done has ever made any sense since they got a resignation on a napkin. 

• Upvote 1

Because Gase is not the fault. It’s the talent level he inherited with all the injuries.
cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t

He just lost to a team who is losing on purpose. The guy is a flat out loser who should of been fired immediately following the game. Everything about him and his coaching are horrible. Please stop defending this guy. This jets team has more than enough talent to not only beat the dolphins, but beat them soundly.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Because that would be the rational thug to do. The Jets are the same team who fired Bowles but not Macc, let Macc buy the groceries and do another draft, let the terrible GM help pick a terrible coach, let the terrible coach murder the terrible GM, and then let the terrible coach whisper a new GM name. Nothing this organization has done has ever made any sense since they got a resignation on a napkin. 

Rational Thug will be the title of my Autobiography...

@14 in Green

• Haha 2