southtown24th

OK. Why Was Gase NOT Fired Today?

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the jets lost to the fins by 2 scores, they will lose to the giants by 3 scores.

I think it happens next week.

If you think it was a piss poor effort in miami, wait till you see how bad the giants look against us.

And Danny Dimes is going to shred us while darnold looks absolutely awful.  That will be the final nail.

One more week gentleman.  Next Monday morning the announcement will be made.

And Leonard Williams sacks Darnold twice in the first half.

• Upvote 1

I am actually in favor of keeping Gase now. We are on our way to the number one pick. We cant have a competent coach come in and screw that up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Probably not until the end of the season, regardless of W/L.

The players are still playing hard, they just suck.

Also, keep in mind that Joe Douglas came here to work with Gase, presumably with the impression that this season would be rough but that they together would turn over much of the roster in the offseason. Highly doubt Douglas is in favor of Gase being fired. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Rational Thug will be the title of my Autobiography...

@14 in Green

Not bad, lol. 

I'm drawing a blank right now, but let me get back to you buddy. I want a crack at this one... 😉

• Upvote 1

I hate to say this but I want the Gints to bend this team over backwards and insert a 40 point domination over it! Like, maybe even literally! The D is as disgusting as the O and we’ve spent most of our assets on the D over the last two decades. Last two MF decades!!!

• Like 1

Peyton Manning called Christopher Johnson and insisted it's not Adam Gase's fault. He then told him best case scenario Sam Darnold will develop into a poor man's Trent Dilfer.

if we get the #1 pick we should be an attractive job to perspective coaches 

• Upvote 1

so at the end of the day..Belicheat was right about the ownership.

• Post of the Week 1

Douglas can’t fire Gase based on the organizational structure. It’ll 100 % be Chris Johnson’s decision. So no matter when it happens, it’ll be executed in the worst possible manner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Let's have the reasons.

Why did we not can his sorry ass today?

I need to figure out a good reason why...and you guys have ALL the answers...

Because it would be unjustified and idiotic.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 3

The answer is easy. Gase is gonna take us to the promise land. Jets have always been bad, but rarely bad enough to land the top pick in the draft. If we fire gase and name Greg Williams HC we might win a few meaningless games.

Keeping gase til the end of the season gives us better odds of landing the top pick in the draft. Then we auction it off to the highest bidder and get a massive haul of picks and speed up this rebuild.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Let's have the reasons.

High Level......because Chris Johnson is even worse at this than ownership thing than Woody and it would make him look like a moron. CJ was head over heals smitten with Gase and doesn't want to admit it was one of the worst decisions the Johnson's have ever made. Which in itself is an amazing accomplishment.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think he can be fired for cause if he gets blown out by the Giants this week. The bed will be sufficiently made at that point. 

Coming over to the darkside. I like it, Tom.

2 minutes ago, jbone said:

Coming over to the darkside. I like it, Tom.

The red line was always Darnold going backwards, and, well

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The answer is easy. Gase is gonna take us to the promise land. Jets have always been bad, but rarely bad enough to land the top pick in the draft. If we fire gase and name Greg Williams HC we might win a few meaningless games.

Keeping gase til the end of the season gives us better odds of landing the top pick in the draft. Then we auction it off to the highest bidder and get a massive haul of picks and speed up this rebuild.

Now that's some silver lining thinking right there! I like it. 😁

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Let's have the reasons.

Answers?  I’ll give you two

A1A67E37-B797-4FD4-B958-21F9051B6AC9.jpeg.2a51df2002bca885a5ec2771add98229.jpeg

9 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

Because Gase is not the fault. It’s the talent level he inherited with all the injuries.

cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t

Did the talent level cause Gase to literally quit yesterday and not even call timeouts with over 3 minutes left and 2 minute warning?

• Upvote 2

Fire Gase

make Williams interim

if Williams does well he keeps the gig, otherwise hire McCarthy this offseason 

• Upvote 2

The Cowboys game. More specifically one pass play to Anderson.

If that game didn't happen he is without a job.

9 hours ago, southtown24th said:

these two cock suckers

born on 3rd

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

Because Gase is not the fault. It’s the talent level he inherited with all the injuries.

cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t

This site is filled with hypocrites. You can't have it both ways in the NFL. You can't claim that Macc needed to be fired because he didn't know how to build a team, missed on practically every player he drafted, ignored the Oline for his entire time here as GM, on top of the fact the only 2 starters left from the Idzik years are the busted neck Enunwa (Given an unwarranted contract ext.) and the absolutely Horrific Brian Winters and then expect Gase to turn it around instantly. We started the season with our QB having Mono, and last week had 5 guys already on IR & 26 guys questionable. 

The roster is one of the worst in the NFL. I still have no idea how we beat Dallas? If you think about it, beating Dallas was like Joe Gibbs beating the Cowboys regular team with replacement players in 1982. A season for the ages. 

• Upvote 1

he didn't get fired because he was able to make a compelling case that whatever is going on isn't entirely his fault.  gase didn't stock the shelves or injure the players or cause darnold to have mono.  the johnson's have been pretty patient owners.  only mangini was launched without having a real shot.  they're not going to launch gase just yet.  the only way i see gase get launched is if he loses the locker room.  i know the talking heads like maneesh and even lucas and bart are saying so but unless they're in there they don't know the whole story.

and if the team is as bad as it is, there should be no expectations of them beating giaints.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the jets lost to the fins by 2 scores, they will lose to the giants by 3 scores.

I think it happens next week.

If you think it was a piss poor effort in miami, wait till you see how bad the giants look against us.

And Danny Dimes is going to shred us while darnold looks absolutely awful.  That will be the final nail.

One more week gentleman.  Next Monday morning the announcement will be made.

From your post to the good Lord's ears.

• Upvote 1

Johnsons are primarily concerned with profits. They are not going to pay three HCs next year unless they are facing a Idzik-level fan revolt.

I am actually in favor of keeping Gase now. We are on our way to the number one pick. We cant have a competent coach come in and screw that up.

Ask the Browns how the no one pick is doing ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Because the owner is a stupid, cheap moron who probably thinks it’s not fair to fire the guy midway through his first season!

You mean act like a fan and fire a coach midway through the season?

Its football teams rarely fire a HC midway through the season for a reason

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Fire Gase

make Williams interim

if Williams does well he keeps the gig, otherwise hire McCarthy this offseason 

McCarthy isnt happeneing.

Ever

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Johnsons are primarily concerned with profits. They are not going to pay three HCs next year unless they are facing a Idzik-level fan revolt.

That’s what I’m worried about because no matter how horrible it gets the Johnsons are not bright people and they live in a bubble

I’m really concerned Gase is here through 2022

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

McCarthy isnt happeneing.

Ever

Because that would be smart 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1