OK. Why Was Gase NOT Fired Today?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

For a team that’s quit and a locker room that’s supposedly in open revolt, it’s quite amazing that none of our intrepid beat reporters can produce one (1) anonymous source ripping Gase or advocating for his removal. Not a single f’ing quote. 

the team is lacking leadership and that starts with gase your point is moot because you can see the team arguing within it self and players leaving before reporters ask them questions. Does that show a team that has issues?

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“Coach Harbaugh! Coach Harbaugh! <sounds of a prop plane buzzing overhead> Look, ok, I know it looks bleak <BZZZZZZZZ>we’ve got a bright fut <BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ> here with the Jets. Just look at our young talen<BZZZZZZZZZ> and Wesco and Edoga! Haha! And Sam Dar<BZZZZZZ>

:Harbaugh looks up and sees banner flapping behind plane that read “Death to Gase and his STUPID EYEZ”:

Haha we got a good deal on the plane—if we paid for five days they give us the weekend for free haha<bzzzZzzzzz> and the GoFundMe went really <BZZZZZZ> hey where are you going?

I think I peed myself a little reading this! Jet fans are desperately trying to make this the most undesirable job in the WORLD! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, rammagen said:

see this is what is wrong with your thinking ...you are thinking we need to sell this job it is other way around how many dr or lawyers jobs are there in the world? How many NFL head coaching jobs. 32 ...it is the pinnacle of being a successful head coach yes or no? If your a football coach you work your whole live to get to this position.

We've been saying this for years yet ended up with Todd Bowles and now Gase.  The more incompetence you demonstrate as an organization, the harder it is to get QUALITY candidates to come here.  Emphasis on QUALITY.

If a coaching candidate has options, he's not coming here.  So we're left with the guys who have no other options to choose from.  I.E. we can't get quality coaches in here.  Couple that with awful GM's (where we have the same problem in bringing in QUALITY candidates), and you see why we haven't been to the playoffs this decade.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

OK, let’s do a little thought experiment here. I want you to picture in your mind the one coach that you’d want to hire to replace Gase. It doesn’t matter who it is or if you think it’s feasible or not; just, think of that coach. Now, imagine that coach watching the tape of every Jets game this year, looking over the roster, and being made aware of the injuries they incurred, etc. 

Now, imagine firing Gase tomorrow and you’re in charge of getting your imagined first-choice coach to take the Jets job this week. Give me your sales pitch to that prospective head coach. 

^^^Joe Douglas doubter/hater/nonbeliever/SOJF/filth

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We've been saying this for years yet ended up with Todd Bowles and now Gase.  The more incompetence you demonstrate as an organization, the harder it is to get QUALITY candidates to come here.  Emphasis on QUALITY.

If a coaching candidate has options, he's not coming here.  So we're left with the guys who have no other options to choose from.  I.E. we can't get quality coaches in here.  Couple that with awful GM's (where we have the same problem in bringing in QUALITY candidates), and you see why we haven't been to the playoffs this decade.

This is not true.  Matt Rhule wanted the job.  McCarthy wanted the job.  Kingsbury was a possibility.

The owner screwed this up.  If we let Joe Douglas do the hiring we will be fine.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Yes. Gase seems to be in his own world on the sidelines. Isolationist. I personally don’t like that style of coaching. I like a lot of interaction on the sidelines with the players during the games. I don’t know for sure but I think he stays with his system and doesn’t deviate  from his game plan

He doesnt engage with his players at all during game day.  Sometimes the QB, that's it.  I've never actually seen that before from a coach.  And it all just reminds me of that one mic'd up he had where one of his players approached him and asked what does he want to do next and looking aggravated that his player was even talking to him he said "I try not to think about it" and didnt even crack a smile.  Was just a total dick about it.

Very inspiring. 

OK, let’s do a little thought experiment here. I want you to picture in your mind the one coach that you’d want to hire to replace Gase. It doesn’t matter who it is or if you think it’s feasible or not; just, think of that coach. Now, imagine that coach watching the tape of every Jets game this year, looking over the roster, and being made aware of the injuries they incurred, etc. 

Now, imagine firing Gase tomorrow and you’re in charge of getting your imagined first-choice coach to take the Jets job this week. Give me your sales pitch to that prospective head coach. 

CJ: So we're offering you a 4 year contract for $20 million/year. 

Ditka: And if you decide to fire me after 8 games?

CJ: $60 million of the contract is guaranteed

Ditka: * Lights up cigar and puffs giant smoke ring in CJs face *

Ditka: Where do I sign?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe Douglas would have to overcome a lot of the problems the Jets have had thanks to ownership to make a quality hire.  Not saying he can't, but you have to admit he'll be hamstrung a bit, no?

Not if he is given full control.  Right now, gase is running everything.  If the Johnsons fire gase, give douglas full control and go back to writing checks only, we will be fine moving forward.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

CJ: So we're offering you a 4 year contract for $20 million/year. 

Ditka: And if you decide to fire me after 8 games?

CJ: $60 million of the contract is guaranteed

Ditka: * Lights up cigar and puffs giant smoke ring in CJs face *

Ditka: Where do I sign?

Sure, because if there's one thing we know about the Johnson's, they love spending big money on Coaches.  Particularly when they're already paying two other HC's at the same time.  

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, teams that have shown incompetence end up with good coaches.  There are only 32 of these jobs and any coach worth his salt shouldnt be scared to take a job because the ownership decided that a failed head coach who has 1 win on the season and his team isnt remotely competitive lost his job.  This is the same organization that held on to guys like Bradway, Rex, Tanny, Bowles and Big Mac way too long.  It isnt hard to look at Gase and question why a team would want to move on.  If it werent the Jets, I could make a legitimate argument it shows more competence than incompetence to admit your mistake and move on.

If Joe Douglas it this G that many made him out be, than you should have confidence that he can overcome a very minor objection to secure 1 of 32 of the most prestigious positions in all of sports.  Rex was a god here, imagine what a sustained winner would be for this franchise?  Your name doesnt stay in the hat forever.  If Douglas is a worth a sh*t, then he can convince someone to come here that is quality.  

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe Douglas would have to overcome a lot of the problems the Jets have had thanks to ownership to make a quality hire.  Not saying he can't, but you have to admit he'll be hamstrung a bit, no?

see above response.  I dont buy into this notion that nobody wants this job because the team moved on from Adam Gase to quickly.  He sucks and it's the consensus opinion of everyone in the world other than T0mShane.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

He doesnt engage with his players at all during game day.  Sometimes the QB, that's it.  I've never actually seen that before from a coach.  And it all just reminds me of that one mic'd up he had where one of his players approached him and asked what does he want to do next and looking aggravated that his player was even talking to him he said "I try not to think about it" and didnt even crack a smile.  Was just a total dick about it.

Very inspiring. 

I think he's on the Aspergers spectrum.  Not even kidding.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

see above response.  I dont buy into this notion that nobody wants this job because the team moved on from Adam Gase to quickly.  He sucks and it's the consensus opinion of everyone in the world other than T0mShane.

Correct.  Firing adam gase shows our commitment to winning.  Keeping this loser around another year because he is under contract is a reason why coaches wouldnt want to come here.

There is no one left except a few SOJF who want to keep losing who think this guy is a head coach.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

If Joe Douglas it this G that many made him out be, than you should have confidence that he can overcome a very minor objection to secure 1 of 32 of the most prestigious positions in all of sports.  Rex was a god here, imagine what a sustained winner would be for this franchise?  Your name doesnt stay in the hat forever.  If Douglas is a worth a sh*t, then he can convince someone to come here that is quality.  

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think Joe Douglas will be a solid GM, better than we've had in a while (not saying much, but still).  But he's still a rookie GM.  I imagine he's fairly well connected, but the best we're going to get is a young Coordinator from the Eagles or under that umbrella.  Greg Roman would be a solid choice if we can get him. 

I mostly agree that moving on from Gase early won't have a crippling impact on the coaching search, but our bumbling owners DEFINITELY have an impact on that.  People know this organization is a joke.  That information is well understood in this league.  

And btw Rex Ryan might as well be an eternity ago.  No one cares about our 2010 playoff run.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, because if there's one thing we know about the Johnson's, they love spending big money on Coaches.  Particularly when they're already paying two other HC's at the same time.  

If you're not willing to pay best the best coaches you aren't going to land them regardless of whether Gase is fired after 1 game or 3 years.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you're not willing to best the best coaches you aren't going to land them regardless of whether Gase is fired after 1 game or 3 years.

Yep.  And that's what we're dealing with with this ownership group.  They both need to be fired into the sun.  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

As long as the Johnson's own this club, nobody good will want this job.They are afraid of them, not the job itself. Not any more complicated than that. The Jets job and the Rutgers job are the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think Joe Douglas will be a solid GM, better than we've had in a while (not saying much, but still).  But he's still a rookie GM.  I imagine he's fairly well connected, but the best we're going to get is a young Coordinator from the Eagles or under that umbrella.  Greg Roman would be a solid choice if we can get him. 

I mostly agree that moving on from Gase early won't have a crippling impact on the coaching search, but our bumbling owners DEFINITELY have an impact on that.  People know this organization is a joke.  That information is well understood in this league.  

And btw Rex Ryan might as well be an eternity ago.  No one cares about our 2010 playoff run.  

I agree that ownership impacts the candidate pool but that's always been the case and you're not changing that aspect of the job.  Douglas could be a change and that's what you have to hope for moving forward.  Nobody is going to question the organization from moving on from Gase. That will be understood and as I've mentioned before Douglas can simply use the rational of he wanted his guy. Firing Gase doesnt make the stain any bigger, everyone was already pointing and laughing. 

And I care about Rex and so do many other fans which is exactly my point.  He only had 2 real seasons of success a decade ago, granted they were the best many of us have ever seen in our lifetime but still,  many fans love and miss Rex Ryan.  A coach with sustained winning?  He might get a statue.  It's an easy sell if you're worth a sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

Crushlove: “ Hello, is this the Mangenious?” 

Mangini: Yes, this is the Eric. 

Crushlove:” Wanna coach the Jets, again?”

Mangini: “ does it still suck, are the fans impatient lunatics and do the Johnson still own it and run it like a high School car wash?”

Crushlove: “ Matter of fact yes, banner flying right now to remove the old coach.”

Mangini: “ I’ll take it!”

Crushlove:” The man is here!”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

As long as the Johnson's own this club, nobody good will want this job.They are afraid of them, not the job itself. Not any more complicated than that. The Jets job and the Rutgers job are the same thing.

Not true.  As long as the johnsons are involved it looks bad.  But the second they put Joe Douglas in charge, everything changes.  When Douglas is given power, the Johnson write checks and thats it.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not true.  As long as the johnsons are involved it looks bad.  But the second they put Joe Douglas in charge, everything changes.  When Douglas is given power, the Johnson write checks and thats it.

Not going to happen, that's the point. They will not let him run the show by himself.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

And I care about Rex and so do many other fans which is exactly my point.

Not talking about fans.  I'm talking about prospective HC's.  I don't think they're using Rex Ryan as a reason to come here, is all I was saying.  I doubt they care what the fans thought of him either.

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Then that is a big problem.  Does anyone understand why they want a gm and a head coach reporting to them separately?  Is there a benefit to that for the owner that I am missing?   

Yes. The Johnson's are insecure owners. Therefore, rather than delegate responsibility in a logical chain of command, they have both levels report separately so they feel they are in total control. You see the results.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

You’re right. I’m betting the players love Gase. I can totally see that.

Remember way back when we couldn’t trade Robbie Anderson or Leveon Bell and they both thanked God for the opportunity to stay with the Jets under the evil and ruinous stewardship of Adam Gase?

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember way back when we couldn’t trade Robbie Anderson or Leveon Bell and they both thanked God for the opportunity to stay with the Jets under the evil and ruinous stewardship of Adam Gase?

Because both guys are damage controlling their shot reputations.  Why do you think Bell left the locker room the last 2 weeks w/o speaking to the media?  Ill tell you.  Becasue he would not be able to control himself and would rip his head coach to shreds.

You are smarter then this shane.  Im starting to think your all schtick cause you can really believe the crap you are spewing.  

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because both guys are damage controlling their shot reputations.  Why do you think Bell left the locker room the last 2 weeks w/o speaking to the media?  Ill tell you.  Becasue he would not be able to control himself and would rip his head coach to shreds.

You are smarter then this shane.  Im starting to think your all schtick cause you can really believe the crap you are spewing.  

Robby Anderson and LeVeon Bell, experts in the nuances of public relations.