The Answer Is In Our Backyard - Mike Westhoff

BettyBoop

Mike Westoff would be a Great hire and for all those making fun of the idea their guy Gase really isn't that hot right now....

I mean hiring one of the greatest coaches in NFL history makes people laugh but keeping a guy who has a horrific record and losing team that rivals the Kotitie years makes perfect sense to some!

• Upvote 1

LOL

People laugh at my suggestion of Mike Shanahan. The offensive genius who has two Superbowl rings, is 4 months younger than Belichick, has mentored the hottest coach in the league since he was a guppy, has been consulting the sole undefeated team in football for the last 3 years, etc...

But then turn around and suggest Mike Westhoff...the 71 year old career ST coach who has a gangrene leg and hasn’t even been a full time positional coach in almost a decade...

Oh you silly, silly, precious bastards.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

People laugh at my suggestion of Mike Shanahan. The offensive genius who has two Superbowl rings, is 4 months younger than Belichick, has mentored the hottest coach in the league since he was a guppy, has been consulting the sole undefeated team in football for the last 3 years, etc...

But then turn around and suggest Mike Westhoff...the 71 year old career ST coach who has a gangrene leg and hasn’t even been a full time positional coach in almost a decade...

Oh you silly, silly, precious bastards.

I didn't criticize the Shanahan suggestion.  I actually like it.  Same idea, he would be an adult in the room.  Another anti-Gase.

17 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I didn't criticize the Shanahan suggestion.  I actually like it.  Same idea, he would be an adult in the room.  Another anti-Gase.

Not you specifically 

But I’ve heard the Westhoff idea bandied about for years now.

I disagree with it entirely

The guy is one of the best ST coaches of the last 30 years. But would I want him as the head honcho?

Hell no. Not even when he was 50 as opposed to in his 70’s.

I want Gase’s ass kicked out the door as soon as possible. And this is coming from a guy who had Gase as his top choice 5 years ago before we hired Bowles and was still more than okay with the decision back in January after much of the luster had already worn off.

But Westhoff certainly isn’t the answer. Not now, not a decade ago, not ever.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Loved Westy. 10 years ago. His time has passed. 

That would be like putting Pete Longstreet in charge of Operation Freedoms Sentinel.

I don't know the ref. But get the point. I liked him when he was our special teams guy but no he would not be a good HC. I mean he would be better than Gase. But not some one I want

• Upvote 1

Other than Parcells, Westoff is one of the most knowledgeable and respected football guys ever associated with the New york Jets. While I think his age and health history disqualify him for the grueling schedule required of a head coach I would hire him in a second as a CEO/President or whatever you want to call somebody sitting between the Johnson bros and the GM/ Head coach!

44 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Other than Parcells, Westoff is one of the most knowledgeable and respected football guys ever associated with the New york Jets. While I think his age and health history disqualify him for the grueling schedule required of a head coach I would hire him in a second as a CEO/President or whatever you want to call somebody sitting between the Johnson bros and the GM/ Head coach!

The Media finally released a quote from Westoff that came in Bowles 1st season as HC....”this guy is going to be a Disaster, he doesn’t even know how to make an Adjustment”.....was he telling the Truth?