Jets vs Giants currently at Jets +2 O/U 43

RonaldJet

I’m not a huge sports bettor, but I’m going to hammer the over. 

The Giants defense is trash, and it’s going to be a joy watching James Burgess get burned all game by Evan engram and saquon Barkley.

I guess Vegas thinks Gase and Shurmur are incompetent enough to make this a low scoring game. 

42 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Saquon is going to kill us but they do not use him correctly. It’s crazy. 

One of my best friend’s brother and Saquon’s brother are boys. Apparently Saquon is getting “annoyed” with the entire organization of the Giants. 

Jets should offer a service. For a late round pick, we will take one of your disgruntled players for a week. Afterwards, we trade him back and he will suddenly be very happy to be part of your team.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Giants 27 Jets 13  

Lots of scuffles in the stadium as Giant fans mock the Jets fans.  

Engram catches two 2 td's with Adams in coverage

Gase informed after the  game that he will be released from his duties.

The rest is likely, but Gase isn’t going anywhere. 

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The rest is likely, but Gase isn’t going anywhere. 

Yep, I just read Gase got a 4yr/20million contract. No way in hell CJ is going to pay gase 5million/yr to not coach the team, plus still paying Bowles a few million, AND a new coach next year. 

The Jets should win this game. Losing to the Pats and a half decent Jaguars team was bad, but losing to Miami is inexcusable.

The Giants are a bad football team. If this team doesn't come out and play the most focused game of football we've seen this year, then it's a wrap for all parties involved.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Yep, I just read Gase got a 4yr/20million contract. No way in hell CJ is going to pay gase 5million/yr to not coach the team, plus still paying Bowles a few million, AND a new coach next year. 

So Adam Gase after this year is owed $15 million. How much is Bowles owed, $4 million? Let's say that's right. That means the Jets are paying $19 million out over the next 3 years for Todd Bowles and Adam Gase. On average that's about $6, 300,000 per years. If the Jets shelled out let's say $7,000,000 per year for a new top coach, they'd be paying $16,000,000 a year to head coaches for the next year, and that's more than $3,500,000 more than Bill Belichick makes. In a year from now when Bowles is finished being paid by the Johnson's they'll pay Gase's salary for 2 more years plus the new coach's salary at roughly $12,000,000...that's more than Pete Carrol and Sean Payton make. So if the Jets do in fact fire Gase, the Jets will have to either save money trading away guys like Jamal Adams and Le'Veon Bell, or pay someone who will only command $5,000,000 per year. Who will that bring? Dino Babers?

Here's a partial list of NFL head coach salaries.

List of NFL Head Coach Salaries – How Much Money They Make Per Year

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

One of my best friend’s brother and Saquon’s brother are boys. Apparently Saquon is getting “annoyed” with the entire organization of the Giants. 

The same org that made him the NFL's 4th highest-paid RB (currently 6th-highest) the moment he was drafted # 2 overall?  Cry me a river, Saquon.  

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I normally don't like to bet against the Jets, but this is easy money. Hurry up before the point spread swells. Giants -2.5 is the lock of the week. Saquon probably will have 100 yards rushing by the half. 

Honestly, I wouldn't  say a lock. That Giants team is pretty bad. One thing they can do is rush the passer but everywhere else they suck. Sam could very easily shred the secondary if he gets protection.

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Saquon is going to kill us but they do not use him correctly. It’s crazy. 

Thank you for sharing that. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So Adam Gase after this year is owed $15 million. How much is Bowles owed, $4 million? Let's say that's right.  

the team got some relief on Bowles based on his insta-hire in Tampa Bay. Maybe they pay the difference between the HC and DC salary not the whole banana... say more like 2 mil 

Adam Gase's numbers... where do those exist? If he's getting paid 3.5 a year and he's owed 15 after this year he's on a 5 year deal including this one? That doesn't sound right 

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the team got some relief on Bowles based on his insta-hire in Tampa Bay. Maybe they pay the difference between the HC and DC salary not the whole banana... say more like 2 mil 

Adam Gase's numbers... where do those exist? If he's getting paid 3.5 a year and he's owed 15 after this year he's on a 5 year deal including this one? That doesn't sound right 

Whatever salary is owed to Bowles and Gase I sure hope the Johnson's don't let that box them in when it comes to deciding which direction to go in 2020.

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Whatever salary is owed to Bowles and Gase I sure hope the Johnson's don't let that box them in when it comes to deciding which direction to go in 2020.

we both know it will and already has 

side note the Jets are absolutely going to lose this game this weekend to the Giants 

and Gase won't be fired this year because the Johnsons don't have the stones to go HC shopping again 

13 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

I’m not a huge sports bettor, but I’m going to hammer the over.  

the problem with betting the over in this contest is you are expecting 2 trash defense to win the bet based on exploiting mistakes pick 6s and fumbles 

I tend to play overs on nationally televised games, the league cares what foot it puts forward when there's only 1 game on but they are still drum tight numbers

that fumble scoop on MNF was the only way the OVER was coming home (48.5)  last night

but this game no one outside of NY is going to see or care about  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the problem with betting the over in this contest is you are expecting 2 trash defense to win the bet based on exploiting mistakes pick 6s and fumbles 

I tend to play overs on nationally televised games, the league cares what foot it puts forward when there's only 1 game on but they are still drum tight numbers

that fumble scoop on MNF was the only way the OVER was coming home (48.5)  last night

but this game no one outside of NY is going to see or care about  

This is the NFL's version of Rutgers/UConn. Not even the parents care.

• Upvote 1