Jetsbb

Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

There is such a universal negativity surrounding the Jets right now that I think we’re going to win this weekend.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

$2362

Excited Marcus Peters GIF by Los Angeles Rams

Sorry if this was already posted.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Your star running back puts up a video pleading for loyalty and patience.  And a few days later some hashtag opportunists fly a banner designed to humiliate a coach who has been here a few months.  The rat fans that infested Giants Stadium gleefully following their pied piper are responsible for this, not the good fans of MetLife Stadium. 

The Jets are going to find that out.  You can crawl back into that hole you came out of and never show your faces again.  Pathetic.

SAR I

Let me ask you this - are you convinced Gase is a good coach?

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is such a strong roster that he should be winning? The QB has mono, all of our starting ILBs are injured, and we have no CBs. I'm sorry too many people here suffer from the  'Joe Beningo syndrome.' 

For years now, the Steelers have been associated with "Ben/Bell/Brown".  Ben has been out practically all season with an injury and Bell/Brown are gone.  The Steelers also lost their 2nd string QB for several games.  Yet, despite all that, the Steelers are a 4-4 team.  If Gase were coaching the Steelers (fat chance!) and they were 1-7, the same Gase apologists would be making the same Gase apologies. 

Yes it's possible Gase can win if given a better roster that stayed healthy but dealing with adversity is a major part of an NFL HCs job.  So I ask you: what exactly has he shown you so far this year that makes you think he deserves a 2nd year?  Note that I'm fine with giving him a chance to prove himself the rest of this year.  (and I'll keep an open mind to any strides the team takes).  But right now, with the trajectory he's on, he deserves to be fired at the end of the year.  It's not like he had a great track record with Miami.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

for the record, dude

Chris Herndon is 100% healthy he's TE2 behind Griffin 

Shh, you're ruining his narrative!

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

The good news is, I don't sit with 149 idiots.  I sit with smart people. 

But someone has to un-do the nasty gesture pulled off today.  That ill conceived publicity stunt just cost us some important free agents, coordinators, position coaches, and front office executives.  No one wants to work for a team whose fans would attack them so unreasonably and so publicly, humiliate their families.  This is a disgusting, shameful day. 

You've got Raiders fans who are about to lose their franchise to Las Vegas in a few weeks and they're staying an hour after the game ended high-fiving their head coach who is a measly 1 game over .500.  And you've got Jets fans with an ownership that is committed to the region, has lowered ticket prices, has spent a gazillion dollars on free agents, and you won't even give them the benefit of the doubt when our injury report is larger than an NFL roster. 

SAR I

Maybe if Raider fans showed as much passion about their team as Jet fans do about their team, they wouldn't have moved to Vegas?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The difference is the Steelers have a strong roster and are better equiped to handle personnel loses and injuries. Our GM was fired because of his inability to select players and fill the roster with talent.

I'm not buying it.  Bowles won 4 games with a less talented roster last year.  Gase will have to go 3-5 the rest of the way just to equal that.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Absolutely not.  Similarly, you can't be convinced that he's a bad coach.  He might be Rich Kotite II.  He might be Kyle Shanahan II.  You can make the case for both.  Only one way to find out.  Next season when, God willing, the starters are healthy and Joe Douglas has had a chance to address our areas of weakness.

SAR I

I have no issue giving Gase the rest of this season and I'll remain open-minded to any progress the team shows.  But, so far, I haven't seen any positive signs from him (and it's not like he has a glowing track record from his time as Dolphins' HC).  If Gase doesn't show a lot of progress the rest of the way, though, I'll hope he gets fired. 

REMINDER: The clock is ticking on Sam's first contract.  We have an opportunity to win before we have to pay him $40M per year (or whatever).  Once we have to pay him, it's going to be a lot more difficult to win.  And we're already seeing that Gase can't win under difficult circumstances so I don't see why we should expect that he'll be the solution going forward.  This franchise can't afford to sit around for years waiting to see if he's any good.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

First off, its not an 8 game season, its a 16 game season lets wait and see what our final record will be.  Secondly, there is a reason that our GM got fired, the talent level is low.

I fully agree with everything you wrote here.  I don't think there's any benefit to firing Gase right now and I agree that Macc did a horrible job. 

But, to me, the HC needs to EARN THE JOB.  And so far, I haven't seen ANYTHING from Gase so far that tells me he deserves to come back next season.  I will, however, remain open-minded to any progress the team makes in the final 8 games though and re-evaluate then. 

But losing to Miami (almost by double digits!) was an absolute disgrace!  And Gase's post game interview when he was asked if this team has more talent than 1-7 (I think that was the question) and he responded with some mumbo-jumbo that basically translated to "we've had a lot of injuries" is unacceptable.  I realize that those are just words but it also indicates to me that he doesn't see himself as a "the buck stops here" kind of guy.

Again, I'll be open-minded about the team in the final 8 games but I haven't seen anything from Gase so far (big or small) that indicates that he's the solution.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Excuses.  Nothing but sad excuses for a failed media campaign, a complete misread of the fanbase.

Suggest you take your plane and your troll act to Buffalo.  Perhaps the unwashed blue collar masses up there will fulfill your need to profit from the most gullible fans in New York.

SAR I

Something Adam Gase knows a lot about.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What exactly do you think I'm talking about?

The same week the Raiders eke out a measly 1 win better than .500 and have fans staying late after games and high-fiving the management that is ripping their hearts out and moving the team 600 miles and 9 hours away, New York Jets fans fly a plane trying to humiliate their own team.

It's disgusting.  I'm ashamed to be a Jets fan today.  Kotite and the Buttfumble don't come close to how you airplane clowns embarrassed the fanbase.  Not the team; the fanbase.  All because some rank amateurs keep trying in vain to become social media influencers and monetize a hashtag.  You have been played like a fiddle for the fools you are. 

SAR I

Someone else made the point that you always say "don't tell rich people how to spend their money".  Now you're out there complaining about the way other people spend their money?!  The Jets have one of the most passionate fanbases in the NFL, regardless of what you'd like to convince yourself of.

Note that I didn't donate to the "fire Gase" cause so you can walk your "you airplane clowns" statement back.  Regardless, though, I couldn't care less that you're ashamed of the Jet fanbase today.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The irony?  These Never Gasers had us at 4-12 when asked to make predictions back in August!  They had us opening 1-5 too!  And that was completely healthy!

Remember when you said "the season starts today" prior to the Jacksonville game?

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which play calls would make up for losing 3/5ths of your offensive line, your #1 WR, your #1 TE, your #1 QB and your #2 QB?

So what happens in a couple of years when Sam is eating up a huge percentage of the salary cap and we can't afford to put together a roster that doesn't have major holes?

Do we just throw up our hands and say "woe is me!" and give up hope of winning games?  Oh, and say "it's not Gase's fault!"

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Because the NFL doesn't allow forfeits.  The coaches and players have to do their best even if they don't belong on the same field with NFL competition.

How is it that the Bears and Rams are losing terribly with experienced QB's?  Both playoff caliber, one having just started in the Super Bowl? 

That's right, because competent head coaches who plan accordingly to compete, execute, and win can't overcome injuries and poor play at the QB position.

SAR I

We're not good enough to even belong on the same field as the Dolphins?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s what I can’t reconcile: we’ve had a decade of this—

Idzik is horrible! 
Idzik is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!
Maccagnan is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!

Bowles is horrible!

Bowles is horrible! 
Bowles is horrible! 

Hey, why isn’t Adam Gase winning games? 

How did Bill Parcells turn things around after Kotite?

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It has nothing to do with the money.  It has everything to do with the message. 

You don't fly a plane because your brand new head coach who has faced 5 playoff teams in 8 games without a quarterback and enough injuries to cripple two NFL teams because he lost to the Dolphins.

It's epically stupid.

SAR I

The loss to Jacksonville was bad.  The loss to the Dolphins was EK-specially bad and completely set the fanbase off.  The fans have every right to be disgusted at Gase.  

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's why Joe Douglas is here. 

They make it work in Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans.  They have older QB's on fat deals and put a competitive product on the field.  One or two of those teams is going to the Super Bowl this year.

SAR I

Yes you need talented execs to make things work in such a situation.  So far I haven't seen ANYTHING from Adam Gase that tells me he's part of the solution.  And it's not like this is his first job so he doesn't get the "he's a rookie coach and will improve" benefit of the doubt.  

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's probably the right answer.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lol 

There are many possible reasons he would answer this way that have nothing to do with the Jets being a bad organization (or the Johnson's being terrible owners).  I'm not defending the Johnson family, btw.  

Just now, SAR I said:

Haven't you seen Ryan Fitzpatrick enough to know that when he is on point he can beat any team in the NFL?  24-36 3 TD's 0 INT's.

If Josh Rosen starts that game, we win easy even with our horrible injuries.  If you really use the Dolphins game as a benchmark, the plane should have asked for Gregg Williams' firing, bub.

SAR I

Oh right.  Fitz is so wonderful that the Jets don't have enough talent to even be on the same field as the Dolphins.  

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember when we were getting hints that Herndon, Mosley, and Beachum were coming back?  Didn't happen.

Cowboys
Patriots
at Jacksonville
at Miami

Before the season started, you had us going 1-3 during that stretch.  Well, we did.  Completely injured.  Beating the Cowboys instead of the Dolphins?  I'll take it.  It means a lot more.

SAR I

And the Dolphins traded Laremy Tunsil, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Kenny Stills.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

8 games.

5 against NFL playoff teams.

4 without QB1.

4 with no OL, no WR's.

8 with an under-performing D that no one even talks about.

SAR I

The Steelers have played almost the entire season without Ben and they no longer have Brown/Bell yet they're 4-4.  Oh, and they played several games without their QB2.

• Upvote 1

SAR - even though I disagree with you a lot of the time, I actually think you're a good fan because I know you're passionate about the team.  However, I also think Joe Benigno is a good fan for the exact same reason.  And I think the same is true for many other Jet fans that you criticize.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Go on an African Safari.  Crouch behind a camouflaged barrier wearing camouflaged clothing.

When the lion shows up, take off your camouflaged clothing, pull down the camouflaged barrier, hold up your rifle, tell me about your footwork "regressing".

SAR I

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember when we were getting hints that Herndon, Mosley, and Beachum were coming back?  Didn't happen.

Cowboys
Patriots
at Jacksonville
at Miami

Before the season started, you had us going 1-3 during that stretch.  Well, we did.  Completely injured.  Beating the Cowboys instead of the Dolphins?  I'll take it.  It means a lot more.

SAR I

According to you, Gase wasn't responsible for our 1 win though

On 11/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was Gase responsible for our 1 win?

On 11/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, SAR I said:

No.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The point is that there was no human alive who was going to walk in the door back in January who was going to fix this team by now. The damage had already been done and anyone who looked at this team objectively knew it was going to be a multiple-year project to get it straightened out. Adam Gase may well suck at his job, but holding him up as THE reason the Jets are where they are today is absurd, and you’d have to imagine that other prospective coaches around the league know it and will look to avoid a similar fate. 

Honest question: you’re a 45 year old guy who has worked his entire adult life to get a crack at a head coaching job, and the following jobs open up next year: the Jets, Giants, Cowboys, Jaguars, Falcons, Redskins, and Browns. Which one of those are you taking? And which one of those would you avoid like it’s laden with plague rats? 

Bill Belcihick?  

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’d take Belichick three years and 50 new players to fix this team.

With him, we'd probably be 4-4 right now and in the playoff hunt.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s nice to dream, I guess

You said Parcells won with Kotite's team by doing Parcells things.  Belichick is a better coach than Parcells is.

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

For what it’s worth, I will never donate one cent to anything like this. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So how much did you donate then?  $100?  :)

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree that Belichick is better than Parcells. Parcells built the Pats up, took them to the Super Bowl, quit, and Belichick took the Pats job three years later after Pete Carroll got fired. Prior to that, Belichick was a washout in Cleveland whom Parcells saved from the unemployment line.

Parcells is an all-time great but Belichick is ridiculous.  Parcells' best achievements (2 SB wins) were with Belichick as his DC.  And Belichick has gone to 9 SBs (winning 6) post-Parcells.

Honestly if fans were going to fly a plane with a banner, it should've read "sell the team, Johnson family" for letting Belichick slip through our fingers.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to see Belichick go somewhere else and build that team from scratch before I’m giving him that title. He landed in an ideal situation, Mo Lewis handed him Tom Brady, and a cowardly commissioner allowed him to defraud the league for the past 20 years. Let’s see him take over the Bengals and let’s see how great he is.

As much pain as he's caused every Jet fan, he's still an amazing HC.  Despite the cheating, I still think he's the GOAT.  

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Banner, I think, is referring to the last line of Costello's tweet. 

I agree.  But I guess I took it the opposite way that you did.

To those who think it's too soon to fire Adam Gase, what are your thoughts on the Browns and Freddie Kitchens?  Should he be fired at the end of the year or is that "too soon"?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company