Jetsbb

Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

Based on the severe and historical incompetence of the Johnson twins, I wonder if there's a way for the NFL to place the team in trusteeship for the good of the game and the fans. This is done with individuals, so why not the Jets?

Not for nuthin', but this has been the only meaningful protest so far. How many of us gave up season tickets, going to games, or purchasing team merchandise? Betcha few, if any. Lots of folks talk a good game, but not many will withhold their money to make a point. At least this desperation move shows that we're fed up, and it's getting us some media attention, which is better than simply b*tching about things on the forum.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who is fed up?  You and 149 friends of a wannabe hashtag influencer?  In a metropolis of 20 million people with 80,000 season ticket holders and you think that makes a point?

It does, actually.  What this feeble gesture shows is that you SOJF's are dead wrong and that anyone with common sense knows that the reason the Jets are 1-7 is because of years of bad drafts and unprecedented injuries.  That Douglas and Gase are here to fix things.  That the Patience that Le'Veon Bell asked for and you ignored shows your disloyalty and foolishness.

Hope you're proud of yourselves.  Its not easy to look that stupid.

SAR I

You really have no clue, do you? Instead of promoting uncorroborated conspiracy theories and posting meaningless drivel, you should look on the field. There, you'll see a schmuck of a HC and any number of poor excuses for professional football players. There, you'll see an organization that's incapable of winning, not just because of poor drafts, but because it hires people who are incompetent and it has no standard of excellence at all. Gase was an obvious loser in Miami, yet these idiots hired him because he sold them a bill of goods and they bought it. Gase just about hammers in a screw, so fixing things plainly is not his strong point. 

As for patience, I have none left after 51 years of losing. As for disloyalty and foolishness ... you may just want to look in the mirror.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

COACH GASE:  ON BEHALF OF LOYAL JETS FANS WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW IDIOTS

SAR I

TO ALL REAL JETS FANS ... WE REGRET HAVING AMONGST OUR MINIONS THE A$$-LICKING SYCOPHANTS WHO THINK ADAM GASE IS QUALIFIED TO REMAIN AS HC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, just like Bowles got an extension ... look where that got him. Gase is a travesty, and he's in good company head coaching-wise for the Jets. The ONLY reason he might stay is that CJ won't admit that he made a mistake in the first place because his ego is enormous. As for the beat writers supporting Gase, they have to do it if they want to retain access to the locker room.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those are a sad pile of excuses for today's behavior.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

SAR I

Hardly a sad pile excuses from a fanbase that's tired of perennial losing, mismanagement, and incompetence. 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, you want to talk "big picture" now, do you?

Then leave Adam Gase and his family alone.  He's only been here a few months.  He isn't the reason you have had 50 years of lousy football. 

And if I were the owner of this team?  After today's behavior, I don't know why I'd spend my money trying to please the likes of you.  Maybe the losers in Flushing have the right idea.  Play the billionaire victim, blame Madoff, spend nothing.

SAR I

Gase's family has nothing to do with this. The guy who elected to kick a 55 yard FG into the wind on 4th down, and who decided to call a run up the middle on 3rd and 12 , is the problem and has everything to do with this. Gase lacks coaching talent, plain and simple. And, if you are defending WJ and CJ, then you deserve everything you get from this team, which is a big, fat nothing! #nomorebrownnosers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

I have no idea who you are.  You are one of those SOJF losers who love to play the victim, show up only when we lose, get your rocks off and nut on the hurt feelings of real Jets fans.

Go back to your failed social media.  Fly another plane.  The press got it right.  You failed.

SAR I

Plainly, you're as much of loser as Gase. Enjoy your dingleberries

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Enjoy the whopping 149 incremental Twitter followers and 2 minutes of fame.  It's already forgotten.  And you hurt the team when they asked for your help.  You're not a fan.  You're a sad victim.

SAR 

No, it's people like YOU who aren't the fans. It's people like YOU who hurt the team by playing Pollyanna. It's people like YOU who help to keep us a laughingstock by supporting blatant incompetence, and then having the temerity to justify that support. 

Just now, SAR I said:

You embarrassed yourself and the fans today and humiliated a coach and his family without justification.  You should be ashamed. 

SAR I

Gase didn't need us to humiliate him ... he's been doing that to himself all season long.

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

SAR is in full meltdown 

Where I come from, people like him are referred to as a "jerk and a half." Don't mind him ... he represents a lemming being led off of a cliff and into the sea by WJ, CJ, and AG. He's not a real Jets fan ... he probably is or has been the President of the Rich Kotite fan club. But, like a bad burrito, his wrong-headed and embarrassing a$$-kissing will pass.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You think Gase was humiliated by a stupid banner???  You people are delusional. The only embarrassment was to Jets fans.  

No, the banner didn't humiliate him ... he has humiliated himself all throughout the season by sh*tty coaching.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is such a strong roster that he should be winning? The QB has mono, all of our starting ILBs are injured, and we have no CBs. I'm sorry too many people here suffer from the  'Joe Beningo syndrome.' 

I disagree. Notwithstanding injuries, how do you justify bad play calling? A 55 yard FG into the wind on 4th down? Runs up the middle on 3rd and long yardage? The epic failures to use clock management wisely or at all? Gase wouldn't know a time-out if it smacked him in the face. No, it's beyond injuries. If he had made good moves, even if unsuccessful, then the injuries might be an excuse. But, not here. He's a lousy HC who has proved his severe lack of even minimal ability, which was plainly evident in Miami. He has to go; otherwise, we will be stuck with the same bad play calling for the next 2 years. Is that what you want? I should hope not.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I must say, I was shocked to see how hard the media pushed back against the plane dopes. It would have been personally advantageous for any of them to jump on the “fire Gase” trolling  bandwagon, but they were all pretty unified in their disgust toward the plane stunt. These guys are in that locker room all week, too. You’d think if the team was grumbling about Gase, or if any of them had quit, these beat guys would be inclined to offer that information up this week, but no. 

I don't find it shocking at all. The beat guys need regular access, and need to maintain good relations with the players and management in order to do their jobs properly. If any of them had agreed with the plane event publicly (even though they might agree with it privately), then it's likely they would have been persona non grata in the locker room.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm not arguing that Gase is doing a good job, but with all the deficiencies of the roster and adversity that the team went through this season, I do not advocate firing the HC 8 games into a 4 year contract. 

Again, I still don't think that injuries or adversity are a justification for a demonstrated inability to call good plays or follow basic principles. Gase is just bad as a coach, and all the excuses in the world can't overcome that fact.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you put down the glue you're sniffing you'll realize that the Jets have injuries that affect how Adam Gase calls a game.

Until then, enjoy the windmills you are chasing.

SAR I

You really need to get a life. Its brown-nosers like you who make meaningful change impossible. Since winter is coming, just go back into hibernation, or focus your minimal attention span on other sports like curling.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Excuses.  Nothing but sad excuses for a failed media campaign, a complete misread of the fanbase.

Suggest you take your plane and your troll act to Buffalo.  Perhaps the unwashed blue collar masses up there will fulfill your need to profit from the most gullible fans in New York.

SAR I

Geeze, you insist on not getting it, don't you? Bottom line is that had Gase shown even a modicum of talent, nobody would be b*tching and moaning about him. Had he shown that he could call the right play in the right situation, then nobody would blame him for bad execution, and there could be hope for next season with, hopefully, a good team. The problem is that even if Gase had competent players, his deficiencies as a HC would still be apparent and we'd still lose. That's the issue ... hiring people who are losers. But, then again, it appears that you have personal experience with that characterization.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The true measure of a sports fan is how they behave in the tough times.

You and your pathetic stunt are a disgrace to Jets fans. 

SAR I

The disgrace is people like you, who love losing so much that they would need a safe place and mental health counselling if the team actually started to win. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s what I can’t reconcile: we’ve had a decade of this from the fans—

Tannenbaum is horrible!

Tannenbaum is horrible!

Tannenbaum is horrible!

Idzik is horrible! 
Idzik is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!
Maccagnan is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!

Maccagnan is horrible!

Bowles is horrible!

Bowles is horrible! 
Bowles is horrible! 

Hey, why isn’t Adam Gase winning games? 

With all due respect, is any of that untrue? WJ and CJ keep hiring the same type of inept GMs and HCs in the hope that the results will be different. That's a definition of insanity, and has contributed greatly to where we are today. Jets fans who care are tired of such moronic moves.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

By being Bill Parcells and doing to the Jets what he did with the Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots.

Exactly! And, that's the kind of HC we need.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

One of the biggest benefits of being a 20 year season ticket holder is that when the Jets finally do turn it around it feels so much better for us than it does for the guy in his basement watching the games on a 15 year old plasma TV.

SAR I

Dream on, if you think they'll ever turn it around with Gase.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The alternative is a bunch of posts blaming Gase for everything and how tacos are bad.

It was burritos.

The plane worked ... TODAY! However, Gase and his lousy assistant coaches just need to go. Nobody on that staff, except maybe for GW, knows sh*t from shinola about football. For example, did you see the two bad challenges which lost us 2 TO's in just 11 seconds?  Unbelievably stupid!

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not only that but the idiot Gase isn't even the one who is throwing that challenge flag. Why was assistant coach talking to referee and throwing the flag? Gase is a fool. 

Preach!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company