Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

Jetsbb

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is such a strong roster that he should be winning? The QB has mono, all of our starting ILBs are injured, and we have no CBs. I'm sorry too many people here suffer from the  'Joe Beningo syndrome.' 

Here's the thing...

It's not just that they're losing - I can understand not finding ways to win games under the circumstances.

They look hapless and completely non-competitive.  They are getting worse, not better.

We've seen plenty of teams lose but I've never seen a team this sloppy and unorganized.

• Upvote 1

This is such a strong roster that he should be winning? The QB has mono, all of our starting ILBs are injured, and we have no CBs. I'm sorry too many people here suffer from the  'Joe Beningo syndrome.' 

For years now, the Steelers have been associated with "Ben/Bell/Brown".  Ben has been out practically all season with an injury and Bell/Brown are gone.  The Steelers also lost their 2nd string QB for several games.  Yet, despite all that, the Steelers are a 4-4 team.  If Gase were coaching the Steelers (fat chance!) and they were 1-7, the same Gase apologists would be making the same Gase apologies. 

Yes it's possible Gase can win if given a better roster that stayed healthy but dealing with adversity is a major part of an NFL HCs job.  So I ask you: what exactly has he shown you so far this year that makes you think he deserves a 2nd year?  Note that I'm fine with giving him a chance to prove himself the rest of this year.  (and I'll keep an open mind to any strides the team takes).  But right now, with the trajectory he's on, he deserves to be fired at the end of the year.  It's not like he had a great track record with Miami.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea who you are.  You are one of those SOJF losers who love to play the victim, show up only when we lose, get your rocks off and nut on the hurt feelings of real Jets fans.

Go back to your failed social media.  Fly another plane.  The press got it right.  You failed.

SAR I

I must say, I was shocked to see how hard the media pushed back against the plane dopes. It would have been personally advantageous for any of them to jump on the “fire Gase” trolling  bandwagon, but they were all pretty unified in their disgust toward the plane stunt. These guys are in that locker room all week, too. You’d think if the team was grumbling about Gase, or if any of them had quit, these beat guys would be inclined to offer that information up this week, but no. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I must say, I was shocked to see how hard the media pushed back against the plane dopes. It would have been personally advantageous for any of them to jump on the “fire Gase” trolling  bandwagon, but they were all pretty unified in their disgust toward the plane stunt. These guys are in that locker room all week, too. You’d think if the team was grumbling about Gase, or if any of them had quit, these beat guys would be inclined to offer that information up this week, but no. 

I don't find it shocking at all. The beat guys need regular access, and need to maintain good relations with the players and management in order to do their jobs properly. If any of them had agreed with the plane event publicly (even though they might agree with it privately), then it's likely they would have been persona non grata in the locker room.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For years now, the Steelers have been associated with "Ben/Bell/Brown".  Ben has been out practically all season with an injury and Bell/Brown are gone.  The Steelers also lost their 2nd string QB for several games.  Yet, despite all that, the Steelers are a 4-4 team.  If Gase were coaching the Steelers (fat chance!) and they were 1-7, the same Gase apologists would be making the same Gase apologies. 

Yes it's possible Gase can win if given a better roster that stayed healthy but dealing with adversity is a major part of an NFL HCs job.  So I ask you: what exactly has he shown you so far this year that makes you think he deserves a 2nd year?  Note that I'm fine with giving him a chance to prove himself the rest of this year.  (and I'll keep an open mind to any strides the team takes).  But right now, with the trajectory he's on, he deserves to be fired at the end of the year.  It's not like he had a great track record with Miami.

The difference is the Steelers have a strong roster and are better equiped to handle personnel loses and injuries. Our GM was fired because of his inability to select players and fill the roster with talent.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

The good news is, I don't sit with 149 idiots.  I sit with smart people. 

But someone has to un-do the nasty gesture pulled off today.  That ill conceived publicity stunt just cost us some important free agents, coordinators, position coaches, and front office executives.  No one wants to work for a team whose fans would attack them so unreasonably and so publicly, humiliate their families.  This is a disgusting, shameful day. 

You've got Raiders fans who are about to lose their franchise to Las Vegas in a few weeks and they're staying an hour after the game ended high-fiving their head coach who is a measly 1 game over .500.  And you've got Jets fans with an ownership that is committed to the region, has lowered ticket prices, has spent a gazillion dollars on free agents, and you won't even give them the benefit of the doubt when our injury report is larger than an NFL roster. 

SAR I

Maybe if Raider fans showed as much passion about their team as Jet fans do about their team, they wouldn't have moved to Vegas?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

The difference is the Steelers have a strong roster and are better equiped to handle personnel loses and injuries. Our GM was fired because of his inability to select players and fill the roster with talent.

If Mike Maccagnan ever gets another job in the NFL it better be selling peanuts, no offense to peanut salesmen. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I disagree. Notwithstanding injuries, how do you justify bad play calling? A 55 yard FG into the wind on 4th down? Runs up the middle on 3rd and long yardage? The epic failures to use clock management wisely or at all? Gase wouldn't know a time-out if it smacked him in the face. No, it's beyond injuries. If he had made good moves, even if unsuccessful, then the injuries might be an excuse. But, not here. He's a lousy HC who has proved his severe lack of even minimal ability, which was plainly evident in Miami. He has to go; otherwise, we will be stuck with the same bad play calling for the next 2 years. Is that what you want? I should hope not.

I'm not arguing that Gase is doing a good job, but with all the deficiencies of the roster and adversity that the team went through this season, I do not advocate firing the HC 8 games into a 4 year contract. 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let me ask you this - are you convinced Gase is a good coach?

Absolutely not.  Similarly, you can't be convinced that he's a bad coach.  He might be Rich Kotite II.  He might be Kyle Shanahan II.  You can make the case for both.  Only one way to find out.  Next season when, God willing, the starters are healthy and Joe Douglas has had a chance to address our areas of weakness.

SAR I

I'm not arguing that Gase is doing a good job, but with all the deficiencies of the roster and adversity that the team went through this season, I do not advocate firing the HC 8 games into a 4 year contract. 

Again, I still don't think that injuries or adversity are a justification for a demonstrated inability to call good plays or follow basic principles. Gase is just bad as a coach, and all the excuses in the world can't overcome that fact.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm not buying it.  Bowles won 4 games with a less talented roster last year.  Gase will have to go 3-5 the rest of the way just to equal that.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not buying it.  Bowles won 4 games with a less talented roster last year.  Gase will have to go 3-5 the rest of the way just to equal that.

First off, its not an 8 game season, its a 16 game season lets wait and see what our final record will be.  Secondly, there is a reason that our GM got fired, the talent level is low.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I disagree. Notwithstanding injuries, how do you justify bad play calling? A 55 yard FG into the wind on 4th down? Runs up the middle on 3rd and long yardage? The epic failures to use clock management wisely or at all? Gase wouldn't know a time-out if it smacked him in the face. No, it's beyond injuries. If he had made good moves, even if unsuccessful, then the injuries might be an excuse. But, not here. He's a lousy HC who has proved his severe lack of even minimal ability, which was plainly evident in Miami. He has to go; otherwise, we will be stuck with the same bad play calling for the next 2 years. Is that what you want? I should hope not.

When you put down the glue you're sniffing you'll realize that the Jets have injuries that affect how Adam Gase calls a game.

Until then, enjoy the windmills you are chasing.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Absolutely not.  Similarly, you can't be convinced that he's a bad coach.  He might be Rich Kotite II.  He might be Kyle Shanahan II.  You can make the case for both.  Only one way to find out.  Next season when, God willing, the starters are healthy and Joe Douglas has had a chance to address our areas of weakness.

SAR I

I have no issue giving Gase the rest of this season and I'll remain open-minded to any progress the team shows.  But, so far, I haven't seen any positive signs from him (and it's not like he has a glowing track record from his time as Dolphins' HC).  If Gase doesn't show a lot of progress the rest of the way, though, I'll hope he gets fired. 

REMINDER: The clock is ticking on Sam's first contract.  We have an opportunity to win before we have to pay him $40M per year (or whatever).  Once we have to pay him, it's going to be a lot more difficult to win.  And we're already seeing that Gase can't win under difficult circumstances so I don't see why we should expect that he'll be the solution going forward.  This franchise can't afford to sit around for years waiting to see if he's any good.

• Upvote 1

First off, its not an 8 game season, its a 16 game season lets wait and see what our final record will be.  Secondly, there is a reason that our GM got fired, the talent level is low.

Haven’t we seen enough? Let’s set aside wins and losses for a moment, game planning, game management, play calling and everything else in between from this guy has been abysmal! What’s next, the tooth fairy will make an appearance at halftime?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the thing...

It's not just that they're losing - I can understand not finding ways to win games under the circumstances.

They look hapless and completely non-competitive.  They are getting worse, not better.

We've seen plenty of teams lose but I've never seen a team this sloppy and unorganized.

You've never seen a team this decimated by injuries.  And they're concentrated on specific squads, that's what makes it even worse.  ILB's, OL, and especially Receiver.

Enunwa and Herndon over the middle.  Crowder in the slot.  Bell out of the backfield.  Robbie downtown.  That was the reason we were going to compete for a playoff spot.  That's 5 formidable receiving options, and Darnold most comfortable with Quincy and Herndon.

Take Enunwa and Herndon out of the mix and there is nothing that a D is afraid of and nothing a D can't neutralize.  Throw the porous OL atop that and it's a disaster for Darnold.  No time, no open targets, game over.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fools and their money........

I know, right?  And he keeps posting the total as if we're supposed to be impressed?  A decent gofund me can raise $100K in a day.  This Fire Gase stupidity hasn't raised enough money to buy a 20 year old Honda. 

It was a social media campaign that failed on every level.  The biggest one being the 149 morons who believe this crap.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

I don't find it shocking at all. The beat guys need regular access, and need to maintain good relations with the players and management in order to do their jobs properly. If any of them had agreed with the plane event publicly (even though they might agree with it privately), then it's likely they would have been persona non grata in the locker room.

The beat guys haven’t had access to the Jets since Maccagnan was fired. If anyone has a legitimate grievance toward Gase and should want to see him fired, it’d be the guys who rely on clicks to feed their families. The easiest way to gain access is by finding a set of disgruntled players who’d like to anonymously air their grievances, but none of those players has emerged, which is almost surprising. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you put down the glue you're sniffing you'll realize that the Jets have injuries that affect how Adam Gase calls a game.

Until then, enjoy the windmills you are chasing.

SAR I

You really need to get a life. Its brown-nosers like you who make meaningful change impossible. Since winter is coming, just go back into hibernation, or focus your minimal attention span on other sports like curling.

You've never seen a team this decimated by injuries.  And they're concentrated on specific squads, that's what makes it even worse.  ILB's, OL, and especially Receiver.
Enunwa and Herndon over the middle.  Crowder in the slot.  Bell out of the backfield.  Robbie downtown.  That was the reason we were going to compete for a playoff spot.  That's 5 formidable receiving options, and Darnold most comfortable with Quincy and Herndon.
Take Enunwa and Herndon out of the mix and there is nothing that a D is afraid of and nothing a D can't neutralize.  Throw the porous OL atop that and it's a disaster for Darnold.  No time, no open targets, game over.
SAR I

Then why bother playing the games if the team has not shot at COMPETING? Once again, put wins and losses to the side, this coach doesn’t have this team competing. That’s a disgrace. How is that the Panthers and Jags have won games with rookie QB’s? That’s right, because the coaches are competent and plan accordingly to compete, execute and win!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I know, right?  And he keeps posting the total as if we're supposed to be impressed?  A decent gofund me can raise $100K in a day.  This Fire Gase stupidity hasn't raised enough money to buy a 20 year old Honda. 

It was a social media campaign that failed on every level.  The biggest one being the 149 morons who believe this crap.

SAR I

I have not donated .1 penny to the banner or billboard drive. 

I'm just updating the total amount sort of like you making playoff guarantees and continually repeating yourself how this is a waste of time, money and SOJF's acting out in a foolish manner and that Adam Gase is the man. 

What is your point? Who are you trying to impress?  We know you bought PSL'S no need to defend that. 

Enjoy the game tomorrow. 

joewilly12 

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

+1

Amateur social media opportunist and a handful of delusional fans upset about 50 years of disappointment take it out on a head coach who is with the team a few months and has had exactly 4 games with an NFL caliber quarterback.  It's idiotic.

Time and time again, they don't get us.  Fireman Ed, In-Stadium PA Staff, Beningo WFAN, they all get it wrong.  This stunt proves it further.  149 people out of 80,000 season ticket holders and 7 million NYC metro fans.  That's nobody.  Nobody agrees with this "I'm dying....the Jets are killing me.....the Jets are dysfunctional...." narrative that the media has created.  Smart people realize we're a hard working team decimated by injury halfway through a rebuild towards consistent success.  Smart people realize the media is trying to play us for clicks.  We're the most intelligent fanbase in New York (see article posted last week), we're not a bunch of blue collar drunks from Queens anymore. 

Manish and these plane morons should see this rather clearly now. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I fully agree with everything you wrote here.  I don't think there's any benefit to firing Gase right now and I agree that Macc did a horrible job. 

But, to me, the HC needs to EARN THE JOB.  And so far, I haven't seen ANYTHING from Gase so far that tells me he deserves to come back next season.  I will, however, remain open-minded to any progress the team makes in the final 8 games though and re-evaluate then. 

But losing to Miami (almost by double digits!) was an absolute disgrace!  And Gase's post game interview when he was asked if this team has more talent than 1-7 (I think that was the question) and he responded with some mumbo-jumbo that basically translated to "we've had a lot of injuries" is unacceptable.  I realize that those are just words but it also indicates to me that he doesn't see himself as a "the buck stops here" kind of guy.

Again, I'll be open-minded about the team in the final 8 games but I haven't seen anything from Gase so far (big or small) that indicates that he's the solution.  

• Upvote 1